Has anyone ever gotten the VIP packages? How much is the cost? Is it worth it? Do we use our presale code to purchase?

Thanks!

Laurel

In general, I'd say the VIP packages are not worth it.  Apparently, they're available both with the presale code and (later) without it.  On the other hand, I noticed somewhere (sorry, can't remember where offhand--in one of the TM descriptions for one of the US venues, I think) that you can (maybe) get 4 VIP tix, which could be one of the few ways to get tix for a group larger than 2.  And on the other, other hand, even if they add a bunch of shows (which they will, especially at places like Chicago, NYC, London, etc.), I think they still may end up not doing as many shows on this tour vs. previous tours.  Demand is likely to be huge, so there's that to think about--especially for getting tix for 3 or 4 folks together.  And finally, the VIP packages may end up being the only way to get good reserved tix, given that the non-VIP good reserved tix are going to be snapped up like crazy.

another concern with the vip tixs - at least in US - is that vip nation has decided not to say where the seats are or if they are floor or red zone.

IMO the VIP packages have not been worth it.  You get about $50 worth of amenities (pre-show reception ($30-40) and some swag ($10-20)) for $200+ additional in price.  There are some conveniences that really only make sense if you've got a lot of disposable income.   Considering the tight controls on tickets and limits, people may be tempted to buy them to get an early 4 person order.  I'm not sure why someone would do that when they could just order a 2nd U2.com subscription and get 2 codes to get their 4 tickets, it will be much cheaper than buying VIP tickets.

Sign in to follow this