Sign in to follow this  
sbeck

WHAT is up with this credit card only entry?

I mean you can't BUY a ticket if you DO NOT get one during an on-sale?  That is insane so what am I missing?

Thats exactly what it means. You can't buy them on secondary markets. It pretty much eliminates scalping completely for these shows which i love but i also hate because if you get shut out you can't get tickets at all, but finally scalpers lose in a big way so its a win in my books.

It should mean tickets are easier to get into the hands of fans, since hundreds of scalpers won't also be trying for them. So, there only opportunity to get in to a paperless section/show would be to meet the person who purchased the ticket in advance and enter the venue with them.

Usually the whole venue isn't paperless, but only the prime areas that scalpers are interested in.

The credit card I'll use expires before the concert takes place, what happens then? I have to keep the original card or they'll be happy with the replacement card?

The credit card I'll use expires before the concert takes place, what happens then? I have to keep the original card or they'll be happy with the replacement card?

You might need to contact the ticket company to get an answer for that...

Worth getting in touch but I think as long as the name on the ticket is the name on the card, then that'll be OK.  You'll also need photo ID.

If it stops the "Anyone wanna ticket" gits then I'm all for it.

I totally understand the reasoning, but it prevents me getting bought a ticket for a gift from someone else card.

December is really a bad time for my cash flow, and the short time between announcing the gigs and the presale doesn't leave much time to arrange a physical lend of money. If I knew roughly when the Dublin gigs were going to be announced. I could probably make arrangements.

As far as I know, the only euro gigs that seem to do the creditcard entry thing is the O2 London.

Everyone else is either doing hardcopy ticket, e-ticket or mobile ticket.

glasgow ga is also paperless (credit card entry)

I got mobile tickets for Köln and paid by straight forward Bank Transfer - surely the O2 could do this as well?

does anyone know if it accepts all cards, like Visa, Mastercard, American Express?  Or just one in particular?

I've done paperless tickets in Toronto.  You have to enter with the card you used to pay for your order on the ticket website, mine was amex. 

It worked very well, but the line up to enter the venue took a long time to get through. 

Thanks for the info/advice.. I'm sure it will work out when the time comes

does anyone know if it accepts all cards, like Visa, Mastercard, American Express? Or just one in particular?

For the Paris tix there were multiple cards to choose from. I think all the ones you mentioned were in the list.

Any other euro ones other than Glasgow/London?

Don't know exactly. At least Paris stillhas tickets. I could even opt for some kind of special laminated ticket with a barcode to enter the venue.

Check the ticket vendor's FAQ about paperless tickets, they all explain what to do if your card expires or is lost before the event.

Wow it seems like such a hassle.  I can't buy from a U2 fan who can't go because of this?  I made many trades on U2.com the last 2 tours, 360 and Vertigo.  Is that over?  I mean as plans change etc.  Travel for fans will be HUGE this tour, we have to go to them.  We travel, plans change, X itinerary will work over Y etc.  You put it together.  How are we supposed to live as a fan with this crap?  i don't see any answers.  I can't believe this.  Has anyone ever heard of a whole arena show on lockdown?  Who else does this?

Sign in to follow this