Sign in to follow this  
cnottleman

My membership expired for 2 months

I renewed today as I thought I was still a member. Anyone know how I can tell if I am eligible for the first presale?? Been a member since 2009 so I hope that is taken into consideration. Anyone??

I think I'm in the same boat, and had only a few days lapse in my membership. So far I have no understanding of which group I'm in, but I'm pretty nervous that I'm going to be starting over in the Innocence presale group. :(

If you click or hover over your screen name on any of your posts it'll show how long you've been a member for. Looks like everyone on this thread is showing as members since 2009, wouldn't that mean first group?

Edited by mjk

I don't think that matters. We needed to be members on the day the record was released. I have no way of knowing when it expired.

Is Adams brother still running this? They should look at the "member since". Who cares about a lapse.

Here is the real question. How can I see when my membership expired so I can see the lapse

Traveler girl. I don't think we are ok. Oh the drama of getting tix. :). I'm sitting up waiting for a code. And some prices would help

Go to the main U2.com page (not the Zootopia page) and click your name in the upper right corner to find Account Info. It will show you when your subscription expires. If you subscribed after Sept 9 2014 then you'll be in the second group.

From the FAQ page:

Q - How do I know what pre-sale priority group I am?

A - There are two groups of subscribers taking part in the pre-sale and the email you receive with your pre-sale code indicates which group you are in.

Our 'EXPERIENCE' group of longtime subscribers (those who were current, paid-up subscribers on 09/09/2014) have access from the first day of the pre-sale. Your unique pre-sale access code will have a prefix of U215A...

Our 'INNOCENCE' group, who joined as new subscribers or upgraded an expired account after the release of the latest album in September 9, 2014, enter early on the second day. Your unique pre-sale access code will have a prefix of U215B...

Only after this does a public onsale begin. (You may also find which priority group you are in displayed on the Account Info page when logged in.) Please Note: We do not change your subscription category. No exceptions will be made.

I've been a paid member since 2005 but the last 3 renawals i have had some sort of lapse because I never seem to get the email notifying me that my membership is set to expire.. I was a paid active member when songs of innocence was released but had a lapse sometime after.. Not sure where I stand for this presale...

Yep. I expired a year from today. I don't know when it expired though. Wouldn't that matter??!

I've been a paid member since 2005 but the last 3 renawals i have had some sort of lapse because I never seem to get the email notifying me that my membership is set to expire.. I was a paid active member when songs of innocence was released but had a lapse sometime after.. Not sure where I stand for this presale...

Your profile says you were a member since March of 09 so I think you will be in the first group.  9-09-2014 is the cut off date.  If your profile shows are are a member after this date then you are in the second group.

Oh, you just helped me exhale, mjk. I hope you are right!

sorry to say this but i think you are in the second group.   like someone says, hover the cursor over your name in any post and it shows your info

We all have the sale questions. I think we are in trouble.

it appears you are in the first group of presales

I don't think it's the date on your Zootopia profile. I think it's based on the date you renewed your subscription. Which, as I said in my post above is located on the Account Info page not the profile page.

I know I had a couple lapses as well, last time I emailed support to make sure it didn't affect my standing and I was able to get tickets in the propaganda presale for the 360 tour. They never email to remind you your membership is about to expire, you'd think that would be real easy to automate and if they want our subscription fees would be a smart business idea to boot!

By some stroke of luck I thought to renew in August this year so either way I should be set.

One of the reasons I wish they had given some notice on this pre-sale so people had some time to sort out this sort of stuff. I mean are they really going to put a long time member in the second tier because of a brief membership lapse? That makes no sense at all.

That's my silly gripe. Here comes the whining!!! I haven't missed a show for 25 years. I've paid for this site ONLY for pre show benefits. I don't need a map of Dublin or U2 postcards. "Just give me what I want and no one gets hurt"

So I will get sub par seats and more U2 stuff for the coffee table?

Ok, enough. I'm sobbing! Best of luck all!!

I don't think it's the date on your Zootopia profile. I think it's based on the date you renewed your subscription. Which, as I said in my post above is located on the Account Info page not the profile page.

But that only shows the most recent renewal. What if your membership expired in say October and you renewed on time. Then you'd be showing you renewed in October but should be in the first group, so they can't be going by that date.

I guess we'll all know when the emails eventually get sent out.

With a two ticket limit per member and the restriction of the person who bought the ticket needing to be there to get in, I highly doubt you'll have trouble getting decent seats. I doubt they'll be subpar. I don't think you should worry.

But that only shows the most recent renewal. What if your membership expired in say October and you renewed on time. Then you'd be showing you renewed in October but should be in the first group, so they can't be going by that date.I guess we'll all know when the emails eventually get sent out.

That would be fine because you know you were still an active member when Songs of Innocence came out. But anyone who was not an active member between Sept 9 til today will be in the second group. That's what it says in the FAQ.

I've been a paid member since 2005 but the last 3 renawals i have had some sort of lapse because I never seem to get the email notifying me that my membership is set to expire.. I was a paid active member when songs of innocence was released but had a lapse sometime after.. Not sure where I stand for this presale..

so disappointed. they gave me a innocence presale code for friday.. 

I've been a paid member since 2005 but the last 3 renawals i have had some sort of lapse because I never seem to get the email notifying me that my membership is set to expire.. I was a paid active member when songs of innocence was released but had a lapse sometime after.. Not sure where I stand for this presale..

so disappointed. they gave me a innocence presale code for friday.. 

you will be fine, trust me :)

Sign in to follow this