Interesting - most detailed one I've seen.  Guess I was wrong!  Seats in the middle look better to me.

I'm trying to figure out where Section 2 is at MSG, NYC.  It doesn't show on the seating chart.  I took a chance and bought the VIP Fan Package.  $240 tickets.  But no clue where my seat is....

I'm guessing the stage is on one end but they will be up and down it most of the night so everywhere would have a great view.

Metallica had a very similar setup when I saw them at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto (same venue where U2 will play).  Long 'strip' of stage, ran end-to-end along the floor with seats available everywhere in the arena.  Seemed like everyone had a great view of the stage as the band moved around throughout the night.

I'm guessing the stage is on one end but they will be up and down it most of the night so everywhere would have a great view.

Metallica had a very similar setup when I saw them at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto (same venue where U2 will play).  Long 'strip' of stage, ran end-to-end along the floor with seats available everywhere in the arena.  Seemed like everyone had a great view of the stage as the band moved around throughout the night.

Is that the one from the movie they released?  That looked awesome.

I'm trying to figure out where Section 2 is at MSG, NYC.  It doesn't show on the seating chart.  I took a chance and bought the VIP Fan Package.  $240 tickets.  But no clue where my seat is....

My guess is Section 2 is the Tier 2 seats.  Upper Bowl or Lower Bowl on the sides.  Tier 1 are in the $300 range not including any VIP extras.

Edited by gcf1971

The Metallica show I saw at the ACC had the entire, large stage in the center of the floor with the drum kit in the middle (https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2546/4049473515_9eb27a7490_b.jpg). The other band members moved around the stage sticking mostly to the corners. And the sound was the worst I had ever experienced at the ACC.

The stage plan on TM for this U2 tour doesn't really look anything like that.

Edited by peterdiaz

Is that the one from the movie they released?  That looked awesome.

Similar, if I recall correctly.

However: I just looked at the San Jose seating chart and it looks like there's a big stage at one end, a small stage by the Red Zone and a runway connecting the two.  That's definitely different than the Metallica setup, which had no primary stage... 'twas just a long rectangle.

Section two is on the floor.  They will have to put barriers up to keep the GA Floor from overflowing.  

Section two is the whole floor or are you saying they are partitioning the GA seats into different sections? (other than the Red Zone)

The stage looks long and thin and across most of the floor.   I'm hoping that this will mean there is not really a bad seat in the house.

I bought two tickets (highest price) slightly behind the RED ZONE on the corner.  I don't see how but I'm hoping I won't be behind the band.  

I looked around the forum but couldn't find anything regarding stage set up.    Does anybody know?

It's too early to have any details... you will need to wait until the tour dates are closer and there is more info about it...

This is the best layout of the show of the stage setup I've seen yet:

U2-Seating-Chart.jpg

Edited by gcf1971

I'm surprised by the layout above. This is different that I would expect based on other seating chart. When I first saw the seating chart, I thought the stage would be very similar to the one used by Metallica (a rectangle in the middle of the floor - see picture).

post-287589-0-28831500-1417736312_thumb.jpg

Wow, I've never seen that Metallica stage before, fantastic!  

Thanks for posting the seating chart above Ultraviolet, do you know which part is the RED ZONE there?

I'm surprised by the layout above. This is different that I would expect based on other seating chart. When I first saw the seating chart, I thought the stage would be very similar to the one used by Metallica (a rectangle in the middle of the floor - see picture).

Funny. I was also thinking Metallica when I saw the seating charts! :)

Hopefully, it will be similar to Metallica and not to the seating chart above. With the seating chart above, U2 will either play at one end and probably never in the center. We will first have to wait, go through winter, cold, snow and more snow and then we will know more about the stage, setlist and more. 

Hopefully, it will be similar to Metallica and not to the seating chart above. With the seating chart above, U2 will either play at one end and probably never in the center. We will first have to wait, go through winter, cold, snow and more snow and then we will know more about the stage, setlist and more. 

yeah and with that setup, RedZone 350 each is in the front, so are the RZ the BEST GA now versus on the side before?

Section two is on the floor.  They will have to put barriers up to keep the GA Floor from overflowing.

Section two is the whole floor or are you saying they are partitioning the GA seats into different sections? (other than the Red Zone)

Looking at a sporting event seating chart for MSG, I see where Section 2 are chairs on the floor. I can't see that working with this concert set up.

How great to have a catwalk across the entire venue?

Maybe Edge will show us some more of his runway walk  ;)

If you look at the seating here: http://www.sapcenteratsanjose.com/events/detail/u2-innocence-experience-tour-2015

And then at the interactive seating chart for Boston, you can see that the "main" stage appears to be OPPOSITE of the Red Zone AND that there are no seats available at the end by section 18.

Also, knowing Boston setup, the stage for most concerts is in the end by section 21, etc... therefore further making me believe that I am correct.. but who the hell knows haha

Does this mean Red Zone people won't really be seeing Larry?

Sign in to follow this