Hi fearthephenom,

I'm sorry to tell you that you this, but you won't have any stories about poor seats ;) Actually I think you've done very well with section 233! They're obviously not the best seats in the house, but I'm sure they are also not the most expensive seats in the house either. For some venues (like London's O2), I wouldn't want to get seats in the top tier (it's so high & steep that some people get vertigo). I've never been to The Forum, but some people say it's smaller than most venues on this tour, & seats in the top tier are pretty good.

No, I don't think you'll be behind the main stage (I-stage). If you look at Ticketmaster's original seating plan, your seats are at the same end as the Red Zones. This is the end where the smaller e-stage will be, so you'll be pretty close to this stage (though the RZ's may have moved now). So when the band performs on the main I-stage, you'll be at the opposite end of the arena, but have quite front on views. When the band performs on the e-stage you should have great views. You should also have pretty good views of the LED screen over the catwalk.

I have GA for all my shows. But if I was looking for seats I'd be looking for some like these. I think these are great value tickets!

Well, that's very reassuring to hear, DDarroch! Thanks. :)

I think what had me worried was that a couple of sections over had a "Restricted View" warning, and I didn't think to check the seats at the opposite side of the arena for any sort of similar warnings. I believe TM is using the old layout... the rectangle... so I wasn't quite sure on how the actual stage was laid out in comparison. Fingers crossed I won't have any bad seat stories to tell. Haha.

About the O2.... eek! I'm quite glad to hear The Forum isn't anything like that. lol.

fearthephenom, if you look at the San Jose map (a few posts above), you'll notice some blue dashed horizontal line over the catwalk. This is for a large LED screen. You'll also see that the two blue horizonal lines continue the length of the arena, becoming unbroken in the stands. I believe the area between these two lines are the restricted view seats. This is because they won't be able to see the LED screen, & at some stages of the show this screen may block the view towards the other end of the arena.

Yeah I thought it was a good shot to vertigojds, took a while to find. I've only done RZ once, back in '09, for my first 360 show, to get an overall experience of the stage, before jumping into GA for my remaining shows. I chose Phoenix for my RZ, as I knew it would be low demand. This was when RZ was auctioned, & I only paid $5 over the minimum bid. Just over $100 from memory. There's no way I can afford RZ now they're not auctioned, so it will be GA with the masses from now on.

You're lucky your mum's into U2! My mum likes classical music, & wouldn't be seen dead at a U2 show. My sister did go to a 360 show in Sydney, with my nephews, but I was on the other side of the world, so couldn't join them :(

Hope you enjoy RZ again, how could you not :)

Edited by ddarroch

ddarroch:

Can I ask you where that map of San Jose came from? The one on Ticketmaster is far less detailed. You can't tell much from it. As I began to suspect, my "VIP" seats are much closer to the secondary stage. I wonder how they'll deal with the folks behind the stage? Our original seats were in 127, right on the aisle next to 128, before we found the other pair.

Interestingly, I looked at the Ticketmaster site this morning, and now there's no mention of the show being "in the round". It was definitely listed that way originally.

Anyway, our new seats should be pretty good. I'm really looking forward to the show!!

Edited by ramsatw

Hi ramsatw,

It's from the SAP Center site. The link is,

http://sapcenter.s3.amazonaws.com/img/U2-Seating-Chart.jpg

Interestingly, I've alway been able to find that image on the SAP site doing a google image search. But it wasn't on the search results today (although a copy of it was at @U2).

Yeah, Ticketmaster is pretty bad at everything they do, so I never trusted their maps. The San Jose map is far more detailed, with crowd densities on the floor, audio & video booths in the stands, & sight restrictions show. So my money was always on this layout. The San Jose map was available before tickets went on sale, which could have been a great help to people purchasing seats (particularly as it has pricing information), if only they knew about it.

The only possible reason that it could possibly be described as "in-the-round" is I get the feeling the band will spend quite some time up at the e-stage (the round one), more than they'd spend on a normal b-stage anyway. No concrete info, just a hunch.

Thanks a lot ddarroch. I didn't think to look at the SAP Center website. I figured since it was "in the round" it really didn't matter too much! ^_^

The fact that the phrase "in the round" has disappeared says something, I suppose.

Bottom line is our seats look good, and U2 is coming to town!

Sweet!

I have never been to any arenas outside the UK but I have been to the O2 several times in London and even though the arena is big int terms of vertical seating the floor space is pretty small once you're actually in there. Once they have set up the main stage, b stage, catwalk and all the security rails etc. the floor space will feel shrunk even further.

In other words no matter where you stand etc. you will likely have a great view in GA. (Unless of course you wish to be right at the front then yeah some queuing and determination will be required).

Though of course with such a stage configuration your not guaranteed to be where the action happens all the time but the same will go with RZ. 

please bring this tour to Perth, Australia. the new Arena would be a perfect venue!  :wub:

Red zone tix for MSG are going for 1000 each up- to like 13000! On stub hub! Anyone know what the face was- I never had a chance for them in the onsale/presale - lucky for GA - lucky red zoners! That's what they paid up for! hope no one buys resale- intention was for charity--

@$370-ish I think.

$350 - I got one.

...and after reading the latest threads on where the RZ may or may not be, I now also got a headache!!  :blink:

Check out the article from the Sunday NY Times.  You can read it for free online, but for some reason it won't let me copy and paste the link. 

It talks about the band going between the two stages, and even indicates that this is the first U2 tour with an intermission.  I hope that means a longer show, but I'm not holding my breath. 

I have no problem with the area being filled to the max with other GA'ers

Sort of defeats the point of RZ, which is that we don't have to queue or get there early, though... if I show up 30 minutes to showtime, I'm fine being behind other RZ people who made the effort, but not that they filled it in for no reason... Of course, I doubt they would consider this anyway. ;-)

Check out the article from the Sunday NY Times.  You can read it for free online, but for some reason it won't let me copy and paste the link. 

It talks about the band going between the two stages, and even indicates that this is the first U2 tour with an intermission.  I hope that means a longer show, but I'm not holding my breath. 

Yep--very likely a longer show, especially also considering that it seems almost certain that there's no opening act.

from said article in NYT:

"The initial idea was to work up two entirely different concerts, but U2 worried about leaving out staples or having fans think they’d gotten the second-best show. As of last week, it planned instead to have a relatively fixed first half and a varying second one — separated, for the first time on a U2 tour, by an intermission. The band is also planning to work the entire room. Running nearly the length of the coliseum floor was U2’s triple platform: a large rectangular stage (a strip of which could light up as “I” for Innocence), a smaller round stage (“e” for experience) and, between them, a walkway that’s wide enough to become a third stage, sometimes sandwiched between LED video screens. “Here they are in an arena, and we want to land them in the audience’s lap,” said Es Devlin, the production designer, who has also done tours by Kanye West and Lady Gaga."

I am completely guessing this, but I think the GA floor for Phoenix might be a tad smaller than some of the other cities. The sightlines for US Airways Center (the venue for this tour) were built for basketball and concerts first, and hockey as an after thought. Where as the arena in Glendale, AZ (the building U2 used for the Vertigo shows) had the sightlines designed for hockey and concerts first. I've been to plenty of shows at each and the US Airways Center always felt smaller to me.

Jason

A screenshot of the Day 8 Countdown video, courtesy of LikeASong over at U2Start. Sneaky view of the screen, it's big, it's thick.

post-359255-0-59489100-1431040364_thumb.jpg

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but this promo video gives s lot away about the stage and what's coming up, enjoy!

I agree with Jason. There's an intamacy to Phoenix's US Airways Center (which is why I chose GA).

I think it's interesting that u2.com had floor layouts for the Claw in each venue on the 360 Tour.

lg_phoenix.jpg

... I guess I need to figure out how to upload a jpg into  "my media" ...b/c the link (http://360.u2.com/images/largevenues/lg_phoenix.jpg) appears to be broken.

Edited by men3ies

as a MetallicA fan (as well as U2) I'm wondering if U2 ever saw their 'Poor Touring Me' tour (1997) or the 'Cunnings Stunts' dvd.

MetallicA used single light bulbs for the encore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxvjZxLy7JE[/youtube}

Edited by BigBunny

Is that red zoning a play on Cedarwood Road, northside just across the river (stage) from the southside?

I heard that the above image was emailed to people doing RZ in Vancouver. Don't think the scale is too accurate, as each side is huge for only 50 people. Thoughts? I dunno. Only leaves 5-6 rail places on the I-stage for GA. Better view of the screen for RZ than the earlier proposal of a catwalk RZ.

Is that red zoning a play on Cedarwood Road, northside just across the river (stage) from the southside?

could be, I know that lyric popped in my head :)

I heard that the above image was emailed to people doing RZ in Vancouver. Don't think the scale is too accurate, as each side is huge for only 50 people. Thoughts? I dunno. Only leaves 5-6 rail places on the I-stage for GA. Better view of the screen for RZ than the earlier proposal of a catwalk RZ.

maybe it's 100 people for each RED Zone?

Edited by BigBunny

Sign in to follow this