I imagine they're going to treat one end like a B stage and just use the length to walk around on

Hmmmm. maybe the band will be sliding on the rectangle platform down through the crowd. Not sure, but could see this as a possibility. 

The o2 image had a thin long stage from end to end of the arena too which looks good for everyone!

I think they are going to have two stages : one for the rock show and the other for the acoustic. Maybe.

There is definitely something else at play yet, since there would be no reason to reduce the ticket price behind the round stage on the San Jose seating chart, as that would otherwise seem to be an amazing spot, so there has to be some reason those seats are $98 and not $278.

I'm sure Willie Williams will post what the actual stage looks like long before we have to encounter it in person. They're not just going to send us into the arena blind.

There is definitely something else at play yet, since there would be no reason to reduce the ticket price behind the round stage on the San Jose seating chart, as that would otherwise seem to be an amazing spot, so there has to be some reason those seats are $98 and not $278.

Yes for sure,  looks to me like there may be a screen at the back of the round stage and I would imagine a larger one at the back of the main stage?

Wow, I've never seen that Metallica stage before, fantastic!  

Thanks for posting the seating chart above Ultraviolet, do you know which part is the RED ZONE there?

Lily - the red zone is on the left around the smaller stage.

If you look at the seating here: http://www.sapcenteratsanjose.com/events/detail/u2-innocence-experience-tour-2015

And then at the interactive seating chart for Boston, you can see that the "main" stage appears to be OPPOSITE of the Red Zone AND that there are no seats available at the end by section 18.

Also, knowing Boston setup, the stage for most concerts is in the end by section 21, etc... therefore further making me believe that I am correct.. but who the hell knows haha

The seating chart of San Jose shows a round stage on the left and a 'crew tech zone' on the right. I don't think this is a stage, but the mixing desk (sound & vision and guitar techs) at that end.

The San Jose seating chart shows more details. Small round stage at the left and a Band Tech zone on the left. Don't think this is a stage, but more the mixing desk (sound & vision) and the 'underworld' where Dallas keeps track on Edge's guitar collection... 

post-296403-0-01483800-1417789533_thumb.jpg

I'm gonna call bullshit on the San Jose diagram, saw pretty much the same thing used for some Foo Fighters shows in Europe this just has a red zone drawn in. When has U2 ever recycled someone else's idea.

My theory, look at the tour logo. picture that on the area floor from above with the insides of the loops on the "e" being the red zones

I think the video for "Invisible" offers some clues

Wow, I've never seen that Metallica stage before, fantastic!  

Thanks for posting the seating chart above Ultraviolet, do you know which part is the RED ZONE there?

Lily - the red zone is on the left around the smaller stage.

Thanks!  And I'm going to look at the 'Invisible' video now.   B)

I know that U2 try to play to most every angle in their shows, but there is also one direction that they face the majority of the time. In this new configuration, I can't figure out if seats on the ends are good or bad .

Anyone have any good info on this? 

I would think from looking at other arenas, that the stage is opposite the redzones. So if you are on the sides near the redzone, u will be facing the stage

So, I was just wondering what people's thoughts and speculations are about the stage setup. I know someone had posted elsewhere a detailed photo of the seat map for, I believe, San Jose? This picture had capacity numbers for the GA and Redzone areas. In this photo (see below), it looks like there's a more main type, square shaped stage at one end (not the Redzone end), and a round, possibly b-type sage at the other end next to the Redzones, with what looks like a catwalk runway connecting them.

This was only for San Jose (or whichever city that photo was from). All other seating maps I've seen, the stage just looks like a big long rectangle.

So, to speculate, is this a return to the B-stage motif U2 introduced to the world with ZooTV and then Popmart, before it evolved into the heart and subsequent ellipse of Elevation and Vertigo? If so, this B-stage would on a larger scale, since both stages appear at the extreme ends of the floor.

Another theory: the photo in question also shows two long lines running across the whole length of the stage and extending over the lower level seats. Would they put stage elements on wires that move along the length of the stage and floor, suspended in the air? Maybe the boys will try their hand at trapeze? (OK, now I'm getting ridiculous.)

One more theory: might the runway connecting the two stages in fact be a bridge connecting them, rather than a ground level catwalk (a la the clockhand bridges on 360), allowing GA patrons to walk underneath?

Or is the San Jose seating map photo inaccurate, and it really is just a big rectangle?

post-290540-0-22342600-1418075395_thumb.jpg

I'm betting on the divide down the middle representing the Liffey and having a "North side" and "South side" audience :)  It's been a recurring theme of late and would go well with the Cedarwood Road lyrics!

The San Jose is similar to the Invisible stage is it not, either way the Invisible stage is likely to be basically it I would say.

Sign in to follow this