If the speculation about a video screen above the catwalk is right that would explain why there are lower priced restricted view seats at the end of the arenas - they can probably see all the stage (no backdrops etc) but won't get to see the video visuals.

From the pricing structure I'm thinking less and less that it is main stage/B stage. Ok, the drums will probably be at the opposite end to the Rz, but I'm suspecting the long stage/catwalk will be heavily used, and with a long video screen above then somewhere halfway down the arena might turn out to be the prime spot. Certainly for London they had top price tix in the upper tier in these locations, as well as round much of the lower bowl seating.

this is so obvious .....

stage.jpg

Where was it taken from?

I'm guessing this is a joke in regards to the IE logo.

this is so obvious .....

stage.jpg

Where was it taken from?

It was created by a fan to back up the idea that the logo could be the stage setup.  Not official, just speculation, but it's a very good speculation in my opinion.

RE: floor setup: Looking at Vancouver's map (below), you see a very clear north and south floor section divide for the GA tickets. (North and South of the River, anyone?) Also, my GA ticket says "Section N-FLR", which to me says I must stand on that side of the floor, with no movement allowed to the other (South) side. Could be wrong, but that's what it looks like to me: a divided floor.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/u2-innocence-experience-tour-2015-vancouver-british-columbia-05-15-2015/event/11004D824953B298?artistid=736365&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1&tm_link=search_msg-0_11004D824953B298

To further speculate, might this mean two GA lineups on the day of the gig (one line up for each GA section)?

Interesting.  Haven't seen anthing like this w/other venues, where even though the floor is (largely but not entirely) divided, it seems at least possible to change sides, etc., and other venues' GA tix don't have designations anything like yours (just the good old "GA1", etc., which doesn't mean anything).  So maybe Vancouver is doing something different than everywhere else!

Interesting! Come to think of it, when i got my GA ticket for the 26th October in London, there was a diagram showing me where my ticket was located and it was in one half of the GA pit! It doesnt state anything other than GA on my booking email but the diagram definatley had one half of the GA floor highlighted and the other half was greyed out!

Wow.  Well, who knows--maybe more venues are that way.  BUT--and Lord knows, we don't need this problem--say you want to meet up w/friends or whatever to do GA and you're on different assigned "sides".  That would totally suck.  Also, as far as I know, no US GAs have had any "side" designations thus far.

Perhaps a new incarnation of the retro Zooropa tour set? Base stage - long catwalk to an expanded second stage design in a smaller format of the 360 outer ring stage? That's in my head anyway.

There is definitely something else at play yet, since there would be no reason to reduce the ticket price behind the round stage on the San Jose seating chart, as that would otherwise seem to be an amazing spot, so there has to be some reason those seats are $98 and not $278.

[Note--I deleted original post].  Yeah, you're right.  It probably relates to limited visibility at both ends for the big screens that will apparently run along each side of the catwalk.

Edited by mike7man

Also from these seating charts of you notice that on the opposite side of the (RED) Zones the arenas that have the retractable seats to accommodate for end stage concerts have them pulled back so I'm thinking the San Jose Seating Chart is gonna be accurate idk but the Forum shows its just a bowl

post-575785-0-26813900-1418200011_thumb.jpg

post-575785-0-69212800-1418200019_thumb.jpg

post-575785-0-03790700-1418200029_thumb.jpg

post-575785-0-98324400-1418200036_thumb.jpg

Obviously i can only guess, but i think part of the stage will be at a lower level.   Similar to the Heart shaped stage on the Elevation tour.  The Heart went lower down the further Bono walked out into the crowd.   I have a feeling something similar will happen next year.  Maybe the RZ area will be the most advantageous place? Bound to be.  Although you look at any seating plans and i can't see any benefit from the RZ compared to the GA area.  I think the stage will be higher or lower in the RZ area. 

Also from these seating charts of you notice that on the opposite side of the (RED) Zones the arenas that have the retractable seats to accommodate for end stage concerts have them pulled back so I'm thinking the San Jose Seating Chart is gonna be accurate idk but the Forum shows its just a bowl

I can speak to the Phoenix chart, that the sections numbered 116 thru 124 are where the stage is always for any 'end stage' set up.  Most of those seats are on risers that can roll back and forth for concerts.

This is the seating and stage plan of the Amsterdam Ziggo Dome venue.

You might notice this arena not to be completely in the round. That is because this is not a sportsarena, but a dedicated musicdome. That's why there are no seats on the right hand side, behind the stage.

Plattegrond_558744.jpg

Edited by elmarkroezen

I got GA tickets for the last 2 shows at the forum, and couldn't be happier about it. But, as a last minute thing on monday, got me and my friend some cheap nosebleeds in Phoenix so she could see her first show. Just assuming the stage was gonna be at least somewhat similar to the diagram given I didn't think anything of our seats location, but now, it looks as though we're gonna end up sitting behind the main stage, which is a little upsetting. Had I'd known all this at the time I would've surely gotten tickets on the opposite end of the arena

It really is too early to jump to any conclusions about a "Main Stage". Only one arena has a diagram with a "Main Stage". That is San Jose. The images above (arenas) all show no main stage with GA surrounding the stage. 

Amsterdam seems to be more of an amphitheater setup so it may have  permanent stage. Nothing that can be done about that. Everyone just needs to wait and see what the final stage design is before getting worried. 

..t. Everyone just needs to wait and see what the final stage design is before getting worried. 

It would be a lot easier to take that suggestion seriously if ticket prices weren't so high.

..t. Everyone just needs to wait and see what the final stage design is before getting worried. 

It would be a lot easier to take that suggestion seriously if ticket prices weren't so high.

Totally.

It really is too early to jump to any conclusions about a "Main Stage". Only one arena has a diagram with a "Main Stage". That is San Jose. The images above (arenas) all show no main stage with GA surrounding the stage. 

Amsterdam seems to be more of an amphitheater setup so it may have  permanent stage. Nothing that can be done about that. Everyone just needs to wait and see what the final stage design is before getting worried. 

Yeah, but even if Amsterdam has some kind of permanent stage, why aren't the RZs by it?  Obviously, they could be--but they aren't.

I hear ya! Just saying that it's too early to be dissuaded by assumptions based on one diagram when all other diagrams point to something else. 

Not sure about Amsterdam. Maybe they don't use the permanent stage. 

Well, I don't think the other diagrams point to something else--I think they're ambiguous at best, because they don't show a main stage (or b-stage) at all.  One thing's for sure--the whole "strip" labelled "stage" that appears on many TM diagrams can't be right, or at least not at face value.  The drums, amplifiers, guitars, stage tech crew, etc. have to be in a particular place--on one end or the other.  They're not going to be moving all that up and down some relatively narrow center strip during the show.  Rather, they'll mainly be "parked" on one end or the other, and of course also leave the main stage and move around the catwalk and spend some time at the other (b-stage) end.  The only other way they could really be sort of "in the middle" would be if this really was an "in the round" show, and if it was, we'd see diagrams for that (which TM has and shows for such situations)--which we don't.

And again, not to be a pain, but Amsterdam's not alone--lots of the European "horseshoe" venues show essentially the same thing (i.e., the RZs are NOT toward the open end, which they'd be if they were by the main stage).

Edited by mike7man

Well, maybe, but then the San Jose/SAP and Amsterdam diagrams are flat wrong, which seems unlikely.  Oh, and finally, the SAP diagram is quite detailed--I don't think that venue could just invent that out of thin air.  It's one thing to just be vague, like the TM diagrams, and another thing to be seriously detailed like the SAP map.  Further, I called the venue earlier today and they were clear that their (venue, not TM) diagram was taken directly from what U2 production had sent them.  But of course, bottom line, we very likely won't really know for totally sure until the shows actually start, unfortunately.  Finally, the Spears thing seems like a true center stage--and TM, etc. could have simply shown us center stage/in the round diagrams, which they didn't.

Edited by mike7man

Sign in to follow this