Sign in to follow this  
HalfDragon

TicketMaster Problems (MERGED)

1 hr and 45 minutes of total hell with ticketmaster. I had access to Redzone, then GA (x 6 times) and lost all of those tickets because ticket masters site AND app would crash/error, etc. Finally got the app not to crash, and GA boston is sold out. I'm happy that I have tickets at all, but this longtime fan is very disappointed. 

Isn't there any way they can not use TM in the future? The pain of seeing that "transaction fee" after this fiasco today...

Purchased two tickets for MSG I got the error "no open cart for the given Sid" whatever that is, right on the final payment processing screen. My card has been charged but no email confirmation and no tickets in my order history. Presale code also no longer works. They have my money and I've got nothing, so the saga begins.

It took 90 minutes but I finally got tickets for the 7/18 show at MSG.  On multiple occasions I found tickets but lost them due to the time limits and slow response times from the servers.  Definitely a terrible job by Ticketmaster, yet again.

I was finally able to get a ticket!!!!..... remove your credit card from your account..... ticketmaster doesn't give the option tu use a stored credit card, but if you enter the credit card number it tells you theres an error cause that credit card has been stored already

I had the same problem in the app - Had to use a card that was not previously stored and had to reenter info - Was hoping it would not time out! 

was trying to buy tickets to MSG Saturday, never even saw GA Floor as an option.  Selected Floor Seating as that was the only floor option mentioned, app bombed inside the browser with the following message:

bbaresvcb({"password_changed":null,"third_party":null,"failure_info":{"session_timer_expired":1},"suppress_countdown_clock":0});

Cannot express how frustrated and disappointed I am. Been a member since the Propaganda days, had GAs for NY MSG shows pulled up about a dozen times, but the Ticketmaster site always crashed before I could complete the purchase.

Now I try the app, and it says there are no tix available for any of the four MSG shows, let alone GAs. What's the point of being a member here?

Twice had tickets for Chicago and lost them at check out...UGH! Been waiting Less Than 1 Minute for 40.

After numerous attempts on Ticketmaster, I downloaded the APP, was able to log on and get a GA ticket for July 23rd - no hassles!! 

I had it happen twice and I took a picture of the screen with them in my cart the second time.  Then I used my phone ap.  Got them right away.  If you have it try it if not download it.  Used it last month when getting Taylor Swift tickets, for my daughter BTW, not that there is anything wrong with that!, and same thing happened trouble with web and phone worked right away.  In Tayor's case I literally downloaded it set up my account and ordered in the time the website was spinning.

Thanks Dwenn!  I just had success with the ticketmaster phone app. It seemed to be running better than the website.  I was able to get GA tickets for the forth NYC show 20 minutes ago.

Thank you both the app worked got my 2 GA tickets for Chicago show!!! 

Ugh, three browsers running constantly for 85 minutes, but I eventually got the site to sell me a GA for 7/18 MSG and an RZ1 for 7/23 MSG. I mean, how messed up does Ticketmaster have to be for Red Zone to still be showing up an hour and 20 minutes into a presale?! Those should disappear in seconds... crazy.

I hope by picking the first night of the first MSG pair and the second of the second MSG pair, I did the "Innocence/Experience" nights properly. We shall see...

Horrible horrible HORRIBLE. TicketMaster sucks! Frustrating as hell. Took me over an hour and a half to get tickets. I was willing to purchase Fan Zone, but after 50 tries the shitty website wouldn't let me. I finally was able to get GA admission. Several times I would actually get the Buy button, but nothing would happen. Then a blank Internal Server Error screen. Trying to spend my HARD earned cash to see U2, and f-ing TicketMaster won't let me. F-ing Bullshit!

Cannot express how frustrated and disappointed I am. Been a member since the Propaganda days, had GAs for NY MSG shows pulled up about a dozen times, but the Ticketmaster site always crashed before I could complete the purchase.

Now I try the app, and it says there are no tix available for any of the four MSG shows, let alone GAs. What's the point of being a member here?

just been assured there are tickets left - try again, I know its awfully frustrating, but try the phone app route - seems to be faster and more successful

TM website was a disaster. Wouldn't take my code. couldnt find seats. Crashed repeatedly. Downloaded and tried phone app.  It found tickets, let me put them in my cart, add insurance, enter my cc security code, and then BAM an error message saying they can't complete my order and to contact customer service. No customer service number to call. I find one. It's busy.

I received an email from insurance place saying thanks for using them to insure my event. So.. do I have the tickets or not? What an effing mess.

Update: Just tried using my code again and got an error message saying no more tickets available for this special. Really wishing I could have a drink or three right now.

Edited by LoraxMeow

It's not U2's fault, it's Ticketmaster.  They are literally the devil. I'm not even kidding. This happens every time tickets go on presale, there's always an issue with their servers because, despite charging outrageous fees over and above the ticket price, they still can't manage to pay to upgrade their paltry servers that have never managed to handle the customer demand for a high volume group like U2, or frankly even a medium volume group.  But unfortunately they're the only ticket provider in town, so to speak (at least in the US).  So they get their way every time, which I think is disgusting.  If you're going to get mad at anyone about this, get mad at Ticketmaster because every time, time and time again, they are the reason why everyone gets screwed out of their tickets.  Every. Damn. Time. 

I have had tickets lost 4 times already and still I have no tickets.  Worse yet, my first try gave me 100 level seats (very desirable to me), each subsequent time was general admission.  Being that I live far away from all venues - this is a VERY expensive, but well worth it couple of days, having seats means not lining up hours (days?) beforehand and less time off work.  But at this point I'll take what I can get.  HELP!!!!! STILL TRYING!!!!!

tried both on computer and on app for Chicago while my 1 year old sat waiting patiently (at first). Computer kept releasing tickets right away. App got all the way to buy tickets and it said to contact customer service and ultimately released my seats. I am looking for actual seats and had awesome ones for myself and my 14 year old son. Now it says there are no tickets available left for this promotion. I have seen U2 since the Unforgettable Fire tour and this is the first time I have not been able to get tickets. :(

4 different times had 2 great seats for chicago united center june 24 ready to buy and site crashed with internal error. Now have 2 crap seats. What a joke... we should have to camp out in front of ticket master outlets like the good old days. At least that worked!?

Finally!!!! Success!!! Went out of the app and then back in and it finally gave me the two GA for Chicago that I've been trying to buy. Sigh.. Thank you God!

I take back some of my earlier complaints as I was able to get a pair of GA for first night in Chicago just now using the TM App. The first time i got a pair it wouldn't take my payment info, so I had to give up those tickets and log out and log back into the app and then it worked.  HALLELUJAH!  

So i used the phone to get lower loge ticket for Friday in Boston, was finally able to get through on the website and got 1 ticket for the Red Zone on Saturday.  I might try for 2 floor tickets for one of the nights when the public tickets go on sale, that way I can be with friend for "cheap" one night and then have the expensive ticket to my self the other night (none of my friends want to pay those prices, but I'm die hard).  Anyone been in RedZone before, how awesome is it? Is it worth the money???

What a disaster...what a disaster....what a fucking disaster!  Eventually, got 2 GA tix through the app, but even that wasn't flawless.  BTW, they're mentioning "GA sections and seats"--does this mean it's not really "General Admission" with assigned seating or is this just how they keep inventory?

Was offered GA tickets for the 2nd Chicago show, then TM crashed, logged back in and was offered 100 level seats, then locked at the 2minutes screen for 25 minutes. Then downloaded the iPhone app and only seats available were the $291 tickets! I bought them but what a rip off! I've been an active member of U2.com since day one!

Booo!!!!!!!

Appreciate the coordination of information on ticket sale issues with this thread!

The TM App does seem to be the way to go as I secured 2 for Chicago on June 24th. Took 34 minutes

That said, there was slowness (and I was on a high speed connection at a university in Chicago) and some tech issues with the App as well such as having entered pre-sale code and them saying please enter valid code or password. I deleted and re-entered my pre-sale pass code and it finally worked. Perhaps best to search for tickets by specific section on App instead of "Best Available" option.

Good luck to those trying for tickets today and tomorrow and to all who will try on Monday for additional shows!

I give up. You win U2. You win Ticketmaster. You win Live Nation. Glad I was religious with my subscription, U2 music love etc etc

You win.

Sign in to follow this