Sign in to follow this  
HalfDragon

TicketMaster Problems (MERGED)

Took over an hour to get single tickets to each of the 2 toronto shows. I eventually got an email confirmation for each ticket. However, when I check my account on Ticketmaster, it shows only 1 ticket for the 2nd toronto show, not the ticket for the 1st toronto show. Anyone else receive email confirmations but not see the orders on the ticketmaster site when they check their accounts ?

I have been a dedicated die-hard U2 fan since 1983... a loyal Propaganda / u2.com subscriber since the mid 80's.  This is a huge flaw if loyal fans like me are restricted by software.

I take it back! My order for New York just went through!! Keep trying guys. Hope to see you at the show!!

I'm very worried. I can't install the TM app on my phone as the OS I am running is too old. (My phone isn't capable of upgrading to the new OS.) So, now I am freaking out that I will not be able to get tickets.

Edited by LadyHathor

TM Mobile app is the way to go. Finally got my tix for Chicago night 2... section 318, row 1! :D See you all there! Happy U2sday!!!!!

I had tickets secured 3 times and got timed out with errors trying to get 2 GA for 1st night Toronto, On show. Would not accept my presale code for a few minutres after each issue. After 37 minutes and several attempts I finally got 2 GA tickets. Please find another ticket distributor in North America..................Ticketmaster has a long history of very poor online performance.

Edited by u2steve

No matches. For any $$$ seat. Sold out I suppose? Thanks...

not sold out... been assured... you tried the phone app?

I cannot believe that Live Nation and Ticketmaster cannot get their act together to have a smooth presale.  I tried multiple times on web and on app and got seats a few times and could never get either to actually let me buy the seats.  Absurd.  I thought I had tickets purchased through the app and it even said order complete, but there is no record of it in my TM account nor did I get a confirmation email.    Now, I don't know if I have tickets or not and if not, can I keep using the code.  This really is ridiculous.  20+ year fan club/propaganda member and can't even get two tickets.

That took over 33 minutes.

The U2 password was rejected several times, TicketMaster server crashed at least 6 times during choosing and paying process. 

The good news, I got the seats I wanted in the city I wanted and now I can relax.....

Basically I was stressing out because of other U2 fans, that I can live with. 

Thank you for the pre-sale U2.

It took me 45 minutes to get single GA tickets for each Chicago show.  At first I got the internal error, then it said my wait time was 4 minutes, so then 20 minutes later I decided to try 2 different browsers. Google chrome got me the first night's ticket and worked well and went fast. But then when I tried for the second night, it got hung up too.  So I went back to firefox and then after a couple tries, that worked.

Oh and it took about 5 times for it to even recognize my presale code.  I hate ticketmaster!  The service fee was $11.40 per ticket.... and then they charged me another $6.50 processing fee!  For what??!?  So that they could boot me out of the system with internal errors, freeze up, and then not accept my code?!?  

54 minutes, 12 times had tickets to buy and it timed out-  the 13th time it finally went through!!!    Tickets to Chicago. 

I can breath again!

Finally got two GAs to the fourth MSG show via the app. Guys, make sure when you type in your code that you use all caps if that's how your code appears. Before I was using lowercase for the letters because I thought caps wouldn't matter -- the code appeared to work but then there were no tix available. When I typed the code with caps exactly as it appears, suddenly tix were available.

System still sucks. Good luck to you all.

After literally 40+ attempts...I was humming 40 and went to the hated Safari and it worked...

2 Red Zone for my wife and I last night at MSG/NYC.

Prayers and pos vibes for those still clicking away...

feeling lucky and best of luck to all~

No matches. For any $$$ seat. Sold out I suppose? Thanks...

not sold out... been assured... you tried the phone app?

I have no memory on ohone to download ap. That and it won't load anyway....I tried deleting photos. Thatbis how much I want tix. Family photos in the trash...

oh... and they send me to a survey, not a wise move TicketMaster!

I GOT A TICKET FOR  TWO SHOWS.... ONE SENT ME THE CONFIRMATION EMAIL BUT WHEN I CLICK VIEW MY ORDER NOTHING SHOWS UP... THE OTHER DIDNT SEND ME THE EMAIL, BUT I PRINTED THE CONFIRMATION.... ANYONE ELSE HAVING ISSUES LIKE THIS?

This was absolutely ridiculous. I consider myself lucky to have a pair of tickets but jesus tap dancing christ, Ticketmaster is a f**king disaster as it usually is. I had all the boot-offs that everyone else described; had tickets, lost tickets; everything. It took an hour and 15 minutes to finally get two for Sunday night at MSG. Here's the thing; after all this time, no one at TM can figure out that two big bands (let alone the biggest band in the world on an arena tour) on sale at the same time might cause some trouble? Please. Take some of that convenience charge money and give it to someone who might figure something like that out.

Not surprisingly, there are many tickets (allegedly non-transferrable and bought by "real" fans) available on stubhub and ready to be sold at an incredible markup to unfortunate real fans who got screwed! Awesome!

This is not a U2 problem. This is typical ticketmaster and it's really not up to Larry, Bono, Edge or Adam to step in here. Give Oseary a pass, too. Hopefully TM doesn't read this and figure out a way to take away my tix through some "internal error" or "improper commentary" charge. 

Glad the app seems to work better.  Nightmare scenario as seems to be usual for TM.  But even when everyone jumped over to the app that seemed to cause them problems so lets all agree to keep that method away from the general public for Monday's on sale!  Congrats to all who were successful and sending positive thoughts to those still struggling.

I see people are getting tickets to Chicago but when I put in for any kind of ticket on phone app it says sorry no tickets available and on computer it says there are no tickets left for this promotion.

Well I am having a full on melt down. Oh well....I hear Cold Play is nice....or country music....or rap....or....whatever

Something else I'm concerned about—if you look at the way the stage is setup (for the MSG shows in NYC at least), yeah it's a big rectangle, but based on where the "RED" zones are, I would assume those are up against where the band will mainly be...i.e., Larry will likely be planted on the right side of that rectangle, facing out at the majority of the venue. What is really concerning is that all of the 100 level seats I was able to pull (I wasn't able to complete the purchases, of course) were consistently in an area that would therefore be BEHIND the stage - sections 101-105, 119-120. The prime real estate to me seems like ANYTHING between 106-118...but are those seats being made available to the die hards? Doesn't seem like it. Does the venue/Ticketmaster/(I hesitate to say the band) believe that we would be the only ones who want to be there no matter what and so would be happy to be BEHIND them for most of the show? Doesn't seem right. 

Sign in to follow this