Sign in to follow this  
HalfDragon

TicketMaster Problems (MERGED)

Over the course of 90 minutes, probably had tickets offered 20 times.  Every time, tried clicking "buy" button, but didn't work at all.  Timed out.  Once got to a next screen....then it had error.  Then I would try to re-enter the presale code (which sometimes it didn't accept) then tried to enter security code (which it didn't accept all the time).  Told me a few times no more tickets, etc, etc, etc.  Tried NYC, Chicago, etc., same problems.

Finally, saw on twitter to use the App.

90 minutes after the presale started, got 2 for the Sunday show at MSG in NYC. 

What a terrible, terrible, terrible experience.  Ticketmaster really is beyond incompetent.

Edited by myzmak

Went back to work. Installed the app. After a few more glitches and errors and such, I finally have ga for msg 3 & 4.

THANK GOD

What a horrific morning.

For those trying later, and the person from Peru who posted earlier, GA is listed as floor seating. Very confusing, I know, but floor seating means ga standing.

COMPLETELY DISAPPOINTED in U2.com and Ticketmaster.  This process is a nightmare.  My brother, wife and I tried over 25 times over 2 hours to buy tickets.  There were problems at every step of the process.  Using the presale code, the security captcha check, ticket search, search timing out, got tickets a dozen times and each time wouldn't let me check out.  2 hours wasted.  I have been a fan for 20+ years, I am privledged to have gone to a dozen or more shows, spent hundreds probably thousands on tickets, merchandise and music\albums.  Just makes me ticked at U2.com and Ticketmaster.  It was the only reason I renewed knowing we'd get early ticket access.  What a waste of time and money!!!!   So disappointed!!!!!  

I GOT A TICKET FOR  TWO SHOWS.... ONE SENT ME THE CONFIRMATION EMAIL BUT WHEN I CLICK VIEW MY ORDER NOTHING SHOWS UP... THE OTHER DIDNT SEND ME THE EMAIL, BUT I PRINTED THE CONFIRMATION.... ANYONE ELSE HAVING ISSUES LIKE THIS?

they will catch up.  i've seen this before.

At the end I had to pay for the shipping of the tickets. What happened to the paperles/credit card ticket?

I'm trying right now to get tix. It timed me out the first time. I signed out. Cleared cookies and cache. Now signed back in. It has me stalled at "wait time is 4 minutes". I'm really worried.

Wait, maybe it isn't stalled. Now the time has started to tick down. Please work, please work, please work.

Edited by LadyHathor

Exactly no tix for chicago available. I an even trying just one tix search vs two tix

tickets for chicago - still available - logged on just now from U2.com Tour page link entered code, lots of choice

using safari on a mac, latest flash installed

Screen Shot 2014-12-04 at 17.05.38.png

Can anyone confirm issues using stored credit cards on the Ticket Master App?

Yes- used mine, no problem there.  Once I got the tickets "bought" (ie- off the BUY screen) things sailed through- although I was hitting next so quickly I didn't have to verify what day I even ended getting till the end, too scared!   (as one timed out and stalled I'd try another day). 

I think, the server load eased after the first 50 minutes as either people 1) got tickets or 2) gave up  :( 

After two wasted hours online, I was able to get tickets via the TM app. I had way better seats online, but experienced all the dreadful errors we're speaking about here. So I just said fuck it, tried and the app, and now I'm behind the stage, which is what I was trying to avoid. UGH!

Hope you're all able to grab tickets. This entire process is so incredibly unacceptable. For us longtime fan club fans, this is just beyond BS!

Got 2 Red Zone tickets to second night in Phoenix. Zero issues with TM site, took 2 minutes. Sorry to everyone who has had trouble today.

Exactly no tix for chicago available. I an even trying just one tix search vs two tix

tickets for chicago - still available - logged on just now from U2.com Tour page link entered code, lots of choice

using safari on a mac, latest flash installed

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-12-04 at 17.05.38.png

I can confirm- just got section 110 row 5 about 15 minutes ago. 

I said this in the other thread:  DO NOT GIVE UP.  It said no GAs a number of times.  I had to close my browser a number of times, clear the cache, reenter code and an hour into the presale I got two GAs in Chicago.  You never ever know so if you really wanna see this show; I would sit at the computer as often as possible and keep trying.  Tickets get held.  Credit cards do not go through.  I've seen no GAs or seats for a presale before it ends and then ten minutes before it ends I've seen both good seats and GAs come up for sale.  You never know.  I have friends who work in ticketing  (not in Chicago) and they tell me this all the time.  Stuff happens.  Keep trying.  If that idiotic circle has been going round for ten minutes, close the browser, etc and start over.  That's what I did and have done for many presales and shows.  I hope this is helpful and not preachy.  

Worked 2 laptops to get my 2 presale tix (one code) for an hour and a half.  Several times I had the opportunity to purchase great tix and on the Sat or Sun shows and the site crashed when I clicked on "buy".   Even had a "red zone" opportunity which would not accept "buy" - I clicked away untilt he time ran out.    Many times, the queue said you have less than 1 minute waiting time when indeed it was 20 or more mins and I had to start over.   Once, I got all the way to the purchase on outstanding seats on Sat night, plugged in my credit card info etc and when I clicked submit, the site crashed.   Had to start over.   Soooooo frustrating.   Sometimes, the encription was hard to read on the security and that kept crashing.    I even had to plug in my presale code several times before it actually took.   Anyway, I ended up with 2 GA tix on Thursday night.  I am glad I got something but I am very upset that I lost out on my preferred nights and great seats.  

I GOT A TICKET FOR  TWO SHOWS.... ONE SENT ME THE CONFIRMATION EMAIL BUT WHEN I CLICK VIEW MY ORDER NOTHING SHOWS UP... THE OTHER DIDNT SEND ME THE EMAIL, BUT I PRINTED THE CONFIRMATION.... ANYONE ELSE HAVING ISSUES LIKE THIS?

they will catch up.  i've seen this before.

agree-  my email just came through, about 15 minutes after purchase-  very surprised it came through that fast. 

I said this in the other thread:  DO NOT GIVE UP.  It said no GAs a number of times.  I had to close my browser a number of times, clear the cache, reenter code and an hour into the presale I got two GAs in Chicago.  You never ever know so if you really wanna see this show; I would sit at the computer as often as possible and keep trying.  Tickets get held.  Credit cards do not go through.  I've seen no GAs or seats for a presale before it ends and then ten minutes before it ends I've seen both good seats and GAs come up for sale.  You never know.  I have friends who work in ticketing  (not in Chicago) and they tell me this all the time.  Stuff happens.  Keep trying.  If that idiotic circle has been going round for ten minutes, close the browser, etc and start over.  That's what I did and have done for many presales and shows.  I hope this is helpful and not preachy.  

I was using Comodo.  Remember to clear your cache.

statement form u2.com http://www.u2.com/news/title/presales-update-us

Due to demand, Ticketmaster is currently experiencing a major slowdown on their system.

We apologize to all U2.com subscribers for the delay and inconvenience.

Everyone is working on a quick solution.

Tickets will still be available for U2.com subscribers and we will keep you posted.

Worked 2 laptops to get my 2 presale tix (one code) for an hour and a half.  Several times I had the opportunity to purchase great tix and on the Sat or Sun shows and the site crashed when I clicked on "buy".   Even had a "red zone" opportunity which would not accept "buy" - I clicked away untilt he time ran out.    Many times, the queue said you have less than 1 minute waiting time when indeed it was 20 or more mins and I had to start over.   Once, I got all the way to the purchase on outstanding seats on Sat night, plugged in my credit card info etc and when I clicked submit, the site crashed.   Had to start over.   Soooooo frustrating.   Sometimes, the encription was hard to read on the security and that kept crashing.    I even had to plug in my presale code several times before it actually took.   Anyway, I ended up with 2 GA tix on Thursday night.  I am glad I got something but I am very upset that I lost out on my preferred nights and great seats.  

were you already signed up for an account on ticketmaster?  some times it makes a huge difference with high demand.

I think I got tickets for Boston at 11:55! It gave an error right at the end on some kind of Visa verification? The tickets are in my order list and I got a confirmation email though. Almost TWO hours of frustration!!

Once Again, Epic Pre-Sale failure. I had tickets in my Ticket Master  basket for Saturday MSG Section 109 Row 14 Seats 14, 15 and then went to pay and Internal Error came up and they were gone. I got nothing now. Why Do I even try or get my hopes up? And they were dangled in front of me. That was very Cruel! I can't stomach to even to listen to u2 music at this point. I knew they were Rushing this. Oseary, Fogel? Who  is responsible? No one they still get Paid Big!!!

Edited by bowieno

Just got 2 GA tickets second show Boston at 12:00AM through Ticketmaster web page!  Only took 33 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I have a will for survival!"

It worked! Wooo!  

Edit: Got 2 GA tix to Phoenix. Took about 8 minutes on the TM website.  I wanted Saturday, but when I got stalled and had to restart I guess I ended up with Friday.  Guess I will be taking a day off work.

Edited by LadyHathor

TICKETMASTER NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!

iT TOOK ME AN HOUR AND 45 MINUTES TO FINALLY GET MY TICKETS.  i GOT TIMED OUT SOOOOOOOOOO MANY TIMES I CAN'T REMEMBER.

WHAT A JOKE!  THE ANXIETY WAS RIDICULOUS.

Sign in to follow this