Sign in to follow this  
HalfDragon

TicketMaster Problems (MERGED)

I had tickets, clicked "buy" and while the website was "waiting for ticketmaster.com" (at the bottom), the countdown clock hit zero and lost the tickets!

With the millions ticketbastard makes off the work and talent of others, it's hard to believe they can't invest in a few more computers to handle the traffic. It's not like this a new phenomenon. I vividly remember a solid hour+ of busy signals for the Popmart Tour when I had to call them.

I guess I have tickets? I got an email from my credit card showing my transaction, and from the insurance but nothing from ticketmaster and doesn't show up on my account. This must have been from when it prompted me to call customer service when I tried to buy, but can't get thru to them on the phone. App also showed my tickets were released so I don't know what happened. Hoping I can get thru to talk to someone.

Got Red Zone Tix for Boston 7/11 show in my cart within first few seconds, was moving right along until had to update Credit Card info.  Timer expired (only gave me 20 seconds - think was a malfunction) while I was quickly entering in my info trying to beat the clock.  Tickets taken away from me.

Then went through for the next hour and captured various tickets for the same show, each time I would click on Buy Tickets, the timer would expire before the website could process the request.  So frustrating.  How is Ticketmaster not prepared for the demand?  That's ALL they do is handle high demand!   Freakin unbelievable.  

So many problems with Ticketmaster - what a horrible customer experience. 

Pearl Jam was right - Ticketmaster sucks.

The whole experience was terrible and frustrating!  After finding tickets about 15 different times and clicking "Buy" each time, Ticketmaster never processed it.  After an hour of being kicked off the page and having to enter the pre-sale code, security code, and search for tickets again and again, I got a pair for June 24th in Chicago.  Not sure how great the seats will be because I don't quite understand the stage set-up, but I'm glad to just be going at this point.  While I'm sorry so many have been having the same problems, I'm somewhat relieved to know I wasn't the only one.  Hang in there everyone!

41 minutes for Chicago 6/24.  I opened another window and entered my code again, thinking that there must be a problem; 13 minutes ("approximately") is a long time to wait.  I think it bumps the original submission even though it said I have less than 1 minute for the entire time my second window counted down and finally opened for checking out.

DON'T OPEN ANOTHER WINDOW AND ENTER YOUR CODE A 2ND TIME!!!

Had similar issues with pre-sale code - it wouldn't accept it.  Finally got two seats to the 7/10 show - GA Floor - two hours after pre-sale started.  What a gigantic time suck that was.

Got GA tickets for Phoenix May 22. Super smooth transaction with the Ticketmaster mobile app.

Finally got tickets for Boston, 1 hour and 38 minutes later.  No excuse Ticketmaster.  We have the cloud  now... 

At the end I had to pay for the shipping of the tickets. What happened to the paperles/credit card ticket?

Depends on your venue, some places have rolled out paperless tickets, some haven't. They are actually illegal in NY, so MSG never offers them, etc.

Have had ALL the same problems everyone has listed here.... Has anyone actually gotten tickets??

I guess I have tickets? I got an email from my credit card showing my transaction, and from the insurance but nothing from ticketmaster and doesn't show up on my account. This must have been from when it prompted me to call customer service when I tried to buy, but can't get thru to them on the phone. App also showed my tickets were released so I don't know what happened. Hoping I can get thru to talk to someone.

Same here. Except that I went back in app and got tickets which this time included an email from TM. Just checked my credit card. I have two charges for tickets and two charges for insurance.

41 minutes for Chicago 6/24.  I opened another window and entered my code again, thinking that there must be a problem; 13 minutes ("approximately") is a long time to wait.  I think it bumps the original submission even though it said I have less than 1 minute for the entire time my second window counted down and finally opened for checking out.

DON'T OPEN ANOTHER WINDOW AND ENTER YOUR CODE A 2ND TIME!!!

Multiple browsers are OK, but not windows/tabs within the same one.

This paperless ticket thing is going to make getting tickets online from sellers a goddamn nightmare.  And I can't see how that won't be necessary now that people are getting screwed right and left.  This is a f'ing mess. 

It took about 1 hour and 45 minutes to finally get tickets to the Sunday New York show July 19th.  I started exactly at 10:00 AM and went nearly until Noon before I got tickets.  A frustrating time.  Repeatedly had all kinds of problems.  Originally tried for Saturday show, then Sunday, then Thursday, then back to Saturday and Sunday.  Had tickets secured numerous times to various shows but each time I got kicked to a page that said "We're sorry, there was a problem processing your request.  Please try again", with an option to hit a "Continue" button, which I did each time.  Often the system would not recognize my presale code and I had to enter it two or three times and then it would recognize it.  The system was unresponsive for long periods, would not respond when you hit important buttons like "Get Tickets" or "Enter" or "Submit", then when you would finally get a response it would spin a wheel and tell you your wait time was so many minutes, like 10, then 9, then 8, and when it would get to one minute sometimes it would hang at 1 minute (or with no more wait time indicated) for a half hour or longer until I finally backed out of it and started over.  

I got suspicious that Ticketmaster was intentionally frustrating us in order to force us, out of fear of losing out, into choosing one of the premium packages that start at around $240.00.  I also feared that since I had two browser windows going, each with my presale code entered, that the system assumed I was going to try to use the code twice when in fact I was only trying to get one of the browser windows to get to a checkout screen at which point I would buy the tickets, and close the other screen, just using the presale code once.  But I ended up closing the other browser window and just trying on one browser window to buy the one set of tickets, in case it was preventing me from buying tickets once because I had my presale code entered in two different spots.  Again my intent was not to abuse the presale code but just to get to a checkout screen once.  

Finally I realized my browser version of Safari is older and changed it via the "Develop" menu bar to "User Agent -- Internet Explorer 9.0" figuring the older browser could be why the system would not finish my order and kept sending me to the page that said "We're sorry, there was a problem processing your request".  All of these requests had me getting tickets that were marked "GA02".  When I changed my browser to user agent Internet Explorer 9.0, I finally got a chance to choose tickets again, but a lot of time had passed, and this time around the tickets were marked "GA03", which seems like they must be General Admission but further back from the stage than "GA02".  This time it finished my order but beware when you do finally get to check out, they give you some really quick countdowns before which you have to make your choices and you really don't have time to scan the entire order and make sure of what you are getting.  There are at least 3 pages like this when the countdown deadlines are super quick and you have to move fast or lose the tickets.  

Does anyone know what GA02 means, what GA03 means, and if GA03 means I am further back from the stage than GA02?  Is GA01 the best and right up by the stage?  

Previously on U2 tours, GA was general admission and was all one big area that let you get as close to the stage as you could get if you got there early enough.  So I have not previously seen these different levels or classes of "GA".  Anyone know what it means?  Thank you!

Don't believe everything you read! Waited for an hour and a half with "less than a minute" on ticketmaster site. It said "Don't refresh your browser or you'll lose your place in line." I took my chances, refreshed my browser (multiple times!) and I'm here to say: GOT MY RED ZONE FOR THE GARDEN IN NYC JULY 18 AND 23!!!! Thank you U2 for making the Red Zone affordable this time! Get well soon Bono! You guys are the BEST EVER! 

1:40 minutes, 5 trys, and get to the Mail option of the booking process, and than get a server error page to start all over again. The loss of GA tickets 5 time.

I took Screen Shots of all the process  and the server error.

post-296161-0-79750900-1417715184_thumb.jpg

post-296161-0-23994200-1417715200_thumb.jpg

post-296161-0-88359600-1417715253_thumb.jpg

Don't believe everything you read! Waited for an hour and a half with "less than a minute" on ticketmaster site. It said "Don't refresh your browser or you'll lose your place in line." I took my chances, refreshed my browser (multiple times!) and I'm here to say: GOT MY RED ZONE FOR THE GARDEN IN NYC JULY 18 AND 23!!!! Thank you U2 for making the Red Zone affordable this time! Get well soon Bono! You guys are the BEST EVER! 

How much was MSG Red Zone if you don't mind my asking

I have seen every U2 tour since the War Tour. This means I have been buying U2 tickets for 30 years and today was the worst ticket buying on-line I have ever experienced with ticketmaster.

The Ticketmaster website would let me pull GA tickets but would give just 2 minutes to buy them once I pulled up the tickets. I would hit "buy" and then the page would take more than 2 minutes to load so I lost the tickets every time. This happened at least 10 times.

I used the ticketmaster app on my iphone at the same time I had the ticketmaster website up and I could pull tickets easily but the same problem would happen when I tried to buy the tickets. Even though ticketmaster has my credit card information on file, the ticketmaster app would ask me to enter my credit card information, name, address and phone number. I would do this and then the app would say that the server is having trouble and it would not save my credit card information to buy the tickets that were sitting in front of me. This happened 10 times at least.

Finally, after over an hour, the ticketmaster app magically seemed to remember that my credit card information is already stored on it and I was able to get 1 GA ticket for the Wednesday night show at Madison Square Garden.

I hate ticketmaster I am sorry to say. They are a bad company on so many levels.

9 minutes for Left Coast USA pre-sales and have TM page loaded and TM Anroid app.  Fingers crossed...

I have had a nightmare trying to order tickets for the Boston shows this morning. I had tickets many times and was booted off or there was an internal error and I lost the seats. I just continued to get worse and worse seats until I ended up at a corner Loge.
I have screen shots of at least 7 of the 10+ times the site failed on me.

It took about 1 hour and 45 minutes to finally get tickets to the Sunday New York show July 19th.  I started exactly at 10:00 AM and went nearly until Noon before I got tickets.  A frustrating time.  Repeatedly had all kinds of problems.  Originally tried for Saturday show, then Sunday, then Thursday, then back to Saturday and Sunday.  Had tickets secured numerous times to various shows but each time I got kicked to a page that said "We're sorry, there was a problem processing your request.  Please try again", with an option to hit a "Continue" button, which I did each time.  Often the system would not recognize my presale code and I had to enter it two or three times and then it would recognize it.  The system was unresponsive for long periods, would not respond when you hit important buttons like "Get Tickets" or "Enter" or "Submit", then when you would finally get a response it would spin a wheel and tell you your wait time was so many minutes, like 10, then 9, then 8, and when it would get to one minute sometimes it would hang at 1 minute (or with no more wait time indicated) for a half hour or longer until I finally backed out of it and started over.  

I got suspicious that Ticketmaster was intentionally frustrating us in order to force us, out of fear of losing out, into choosing one of the premium packages that start at around $240.00.  I also feared that since I had two browser windows going, each with my presale code entered, that the system assumed I was going to try to use the code twice when in fact I was only trying to get one of the browser windows to get to a checkout screen at which point I would buy the tickets, and close the other screen, just using the presale code once.  But I ended up closing the other browser window and just trying on one browser window to buy the one set of tickets, in case it was preventing me from buying tickets once because I had my presale code entered in two different spots.  Again my intent was not to abuse the presale code but just to get to a checkout screen once.  

Finally I realized my browser version of Safari is older and changed it via the "Develop" menu bar to "User Agent -- Internet Explorer 9.0" figuring the older browser could be why the system would not finish my order and kept sending me to the page that said "We're sorry, there was a problem processing your request".  All of these requests had me getting tickets that were marked "GA02".  When I changed my browser to user agent Internet Explorer 9.0, I finally got a chance to choose tickets again, but a lot of time had passed, and this time around the tickets were marked "GA03", which seems like they must be General Admission but further back from the stage than "GA02".  This time it finished my order but beware when you do finally get to check out, they give you some really quick countdowns before which you have to make your choices and you really don't have time to scan the entire order and make sure of what you are getting.  There are at least 3 pages like this when the countdown deadlines are super quick and you have to move fast or lose the tickets.  

Does anyone know what GA02 means, what GA03 means, and if GA03 means I am further back from the stage than GA02?  Is GA01 the best and right up by the stage?  

Previously on U2 tours, GA was general admission and was all one big area that let you get as close to the stage as you could get if you got there early enough.  So I have not previously seen these different levels or classes of "GA".  Anyone know what it means?  Thank you!

Good question. 

Boston offered GA1 and GA2. 

From what I can tell from the stage layout, GA1 must be for the section on one side of the stage and GA2 for the other section on the other side of the stage. I wonder if there will be two line to get in or will we all wait in the same line? 

i finally got inferior tickets on the app. Booooooo TicketMaster, you are the Bad Guys! U2, you are supposed to be the good guys! Booo Oseary and Fogel you are the bad guys too!

Edited by bowieno

But, soooo frustrated as I had a front row, lower level and it said someone else got it when i went to purchase page...oh well, got 6 rows further back and a RZ for Phoenix.  All while trying to teach 8th graders, lol!

How much was MSG Red Zone if you don't mind my asking

$350.00

Sign in to follow this