Sign in to follow this  
HalfDragon

TicketMaster Problems (MERGED)

I went as far as the checkout for 2 GA's in Phoenix but put em back!! Hope I don't regret this!!

This was the most frustrating ticket experience, and I've seen every tour since Pop. I've never gotten floor seats for arenas, and was really hoping U2.com would come through this time.

I tried multiple times for 1.5 hours to buy tickets, only to get multiple error messages from Ticketmaster.  The mobile app didn't work for me either - on my phone (wifi and at&t) and iPad (wifi). finally my husband used my code at work and got through after a half hour. However, we didn't get our preferred date/city or section - we ended up having to get "best available" which was the $300 level 1 seats. I would have rather gotten the floor or RED Zone.

I tweeted to Ticketmaster, Guy Oseary and U2.com, so hopefully someone here wakes up and does something awesome for us fans to make up for this absolute atrocity. To make things even more frustrating, I have an infant baby at home - thankfully he was patient and slept for most of this ridiculous process, but my stress level was through the roof today.  Not a great experience for a long-time, devoted fan.  Thanks for absolutely no special treatment U2.com, the tickets I got were nothing better than I could have gotten through Stub Hub or the general sale.  I feel like being a member of U2.com is more trouble than it's worth to be honest. If you can't get guaranteed tickets on the floor in your city, what's the point. 

Don't give up! Use the APP! It took me two minutes with the App on my iPhone, after wasting over an hour on my iPad and laptop.

Edited by TinaU2

9 minutes for Left Coast USA pre-sales and have TM page loaded and TM Anroid app.  Fingers crossed...

Good Luck.  Stick with it and DON'T believe the "no tickets available" if you get it.  Based on reports I would try the app first. 

But, soooo frustrated as I had a front row, lower level and it said someone else got it when i went to purchase page...oh well, got 6 rows further back and a RZ for Phoenix.  All while trying to teach 8th graders, lol!

OMG!   Now, that is amazing.  Do your 8th graders know?  LOL!    

I had the same problems that everyone else is mentioning.  I had 4 different computers in my office trying and it was all the same.

Just got back to my desk and I saw that the TM page was still telling me my wait time was less than 2 minutes.  I guess U@ hired the guys that set up the Obamacare website. 

After an hour or so I downloaded the TM app to my phone and that worked right away.  So I got tickets, just not for the date that was my first choice.   

It was an issue of too many people hitting the site at once.  I remember in the past there were at least 3 levels of subscribers and the start time was split up accordingly.  Looks like they should have done that this time. 

Was in and out in 5 minutes for the 5/31 LA show.  Front row, back section.  I'm genuinely surprised it was that easy, considering Ticketmaster's track record (especially last month with the KROQ sale debacle).  I hope the rest of you have the same good fortune...

Wow...Two Red Zone and Two GA for both shows in Vancouver. No muss no fuss. Took 7 minutes from start to finish.

Those who have had issues with TM and used the app - can I ask a question please?

Are you in the US and buying for US shows?

I am in the UK and want to buy for NYC tomorrow, but if I try to register with TM.com or download the US app rather than the UK one, I have to have a US address, which of course I don't have

If anyone in the UK has bought today for any of the US shows, I'd really appreciate your advice

Many thanks

Got 1 for each night in Vancouver, lower level. Even tried refreshing several times to get something closer than the 20th flipping row (really??), but decided to take what I got and stop being picky. No problem - pretty shocking given the problems east coasters had.

My first tour opener!  WOOOHOOOO!!!!

Got two GAs for opening night in Vancouver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited and coming down off a huge stress high. Based on other's recommendations here I tried the phone app first, but got an error message after I clicked "Buy Now". I then went to the website, and without too much waiting, got my tickets.

I really feel for everyone frustrated with this "experience". I don't mean to gloat - I only mean to inform which process worked for me. Numerous times in the past I've been cursing the website while I wonder if my order is actually processing. It suuuuuucks.

Anyhow, here's to waiting five more months for the opening show!

No problems getting one for each night in Vancouver - GA on the floor.  Sorry East Coast fans.   I think you guys bore the brunt of the problems.

Does anyone know what GA02 means, what GA03 means, and if GA03 means I am further back from the stage than GA02?  Is GA01 the best and right up by the stage?  

MSG often adds weird numbers and such, but when they do split up GA it is East and West. So, it will all be one big open floor, the numbers won't mean anything...

First world problems.  Folks, really!  You're not lining up for your daily ration of rice and then being denied.  Somehow, sometime, you will get your tickets.  I've been a fan since 1982, yet because I renewed my U2.com membership late, I have to wait until tomorrow to buy.  I'm not going to complain.  I'm just going to suck it up and see what I get.  There are worse things happening to other people in this world than not getting tickets for a concert.

Ok I went to the search for my online orders section of my account and it shows an order for U2 tickets today but when I try to go into order detail it gives me an error message and says to call customer service (impossible to get thru right now). So I have been charged by my credit card, have the insurance confirmation, and it shows in my orders, but there is no email, doesn't show on my account as purchased, and it won't let me look at the details of the order, as well as the fact that my phone app said the tickets were released. So I don't know what to think. I broke down and got the $300 seats too so not happy $600 is out there and I don't even know if I have tickets. My code doesn't work so hoping that means that its because I have tickets already....

Got two GAs for opening night in Vancouver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited and coming down off a huge stress high. Based on other's recommendations here I tried the phone app first, but got an error message after I clicked "Buy Now". I then went to the website, and without too much waiting, got my tickets.

I really feel for everyone frustrated with this "experience". I don't mean to gloat - I only mean to inform which process worked for me. Numerous times in the past I've been cursing the website while I wonder if my order is actually processing. It suuuuuucks.

Anyhow, here's to waiting five more months for the opening show!

By the way, I am in Canada buying for a Canadian show, using ticketmaster.ca.

Likewise I found it a simple process for Vancouver 2. Got 2 GA no problem. Tried looking at lower bowl..section 106 were 300 bucks...too rich for my blood. GA $82 each.

the cheapes were $41 but when you select them it didn't show any as available which is hard to believe.

no problem on TM website for Vancouver show...less than 5 minutes...would have been quicker if my hands were not shaking so much during the order!

But, soooo frustrated as I had a front row, lower level and it said someone else got it when i went to purchase page...oh well, got 6 rows further back and a RZ for Phoenix.  All while trying to teach 8th graders, lol!

No, we were doing a review jeopardy game on the smart board, so I was going between the smartboard and my desktop (dual screens).  I did mess up the jeopardy game once, well twice...

Used the phone app with relative ease; only my fat fingers betrayed me with the captchas, but still got 2 tickets. Weird bit was the mobile-only delivery; apparently I'll have to get my phone scanned at the venue for entry. Haven't seen that before, is it relatively new?

Bottom line: use the Ticketmaster phone app, folks. Worked very well.

9:30am: Got everything queued up to procure 2 GA tix for Montreal (June 12 show)

10:02am: Ushered from waiting room to ticket buying status but kept getting "No result found" pop-up window so I tried some of the other ticket types/prices and even switched to the June 13 show but kept getting same error.

Update: Got my tickets no problem a few hours back.

Edited by adrianbarnescom

No, we were doing a review jeopardy game on the smart board, so I was going between the smartboard and my desktop (dual screens).  I did mess up the jeopardy game once, well twice...

LOL!   Awesome.  

Glad to hear that things are moving faster for West Coast.

I had the same problems as everyone else.  At the end I got two GA for MSG.  I am NOT looking forward to tomorrow.  I need a drink!!

First world problems.  Folks, really!  You're not lining up for your daily ration of rice and then being denied.  Somehow, sometime, you will get your tickets.  I've been a fan since 1982, yet because I renewed my U2.com membership late, I have to wait until tomorrow to buy.  I'm not going to complain.  I'm just going to suck it up and see what I get.  There are worse things happening to other people in this world than not getting tickets for a concert.

Well, that is why I was trying to buy Red Zone tickets to help them! ;-)

What a joke.   Used the app for iOS and get to the checkout process three times.  Each time bombs out.  FInally get through......Oh, sorry there aren't anymore tickets available.   

Sign in to follow this