Sign in to follow this  
HalfDragon

TicketMaster Problems (MERGED)

Wow...Two Red Zone and Two GA for both shows in Vancouver. No muss no fuss. Took 7 minutes from start to finish.

How did you buy more than 2ea tickets?

First world problems.  Folks, really!  You're not lining up for your daily ration of rice and then being denied.  Somehow, sometime, you will get your tickets.  I've been a fan since 1982, yet because I renewed my U2.com membership late, I have to wait until tomorrow to buy.  I'm not going to complain.  I'm just going to suck it up and see what I get.  There are worse things happening to other people in this world than not getting tickets for a concert.

Well, that is why I was trying to buy Red Zone tickets to help them! ;-)

You don't need to buy tickets to help them.

I went as far as the checkout for 2 GA's in Phoenix but put em back!! Hope I don't regret this!!

'when you have the ball, and a open goal... best thing to do is put it in the net, we can talk about the consequences later'

some football (UK proper football ;) manager

But, soooo frustrated as I had a front row, lower level and it said someone else got it when i went to purchase page...oh well, got 6 rows further back and a RZ for Phoenix.  All while trying to teach 8th graders, lol!

OMG!   Now, that is amazing.  Do your 8th graders know?  LOL!    

No, we were doing a review jeopardy game on the smart board, so I was going between the smartboard and my desktop (dual screens).  I did mess up the jeopardy game once, well twice...

Lol. Glad I'm not the only one. I'm a high school teacher, and my kids were finishing a test while I was online. :)

Edited by EducateMyMind

Those who have had issues with TM and used the app - can I ask a question please?

Are you in the US and buying for US shows?

I am in the UK and want to buy for NYC tomorrow, but if I try to register with TM.com or download the US app rather than the UK one, I have to have a US address, which of course I don't have

If anyone in the UK has bought today for any of the US shows, I'd really appreciate your advice

Many thanks

app only seems to work with a US IP address - you could try a VPN to see if that worked

Wow...Two Red Zone and Two GA for both shows in Vancouver. No muss no fuss. Took 7 minutes from start to finish.

If you used your code multiple times, then you will probably get them all cancelled - unless of course you mean you and a friend / partner used separate codes for 2 tickets each...

OMG ... went down to 1 second, yes 1 second, before the order went through but I have my tixs for San Jose. Be aware that it rejected my visa so had to put in another one before it went through.  Ended up in Sec. 114, two tixs for $600+. I've seen the band every time they come to the Bay Area and never pay top $$.  This time we went for it.  I know it will be worth it!!!  CAN'T WAIT .... 

Those who have had issues with TM and used the app - can I ask a question please?

I am in the UK and want to buy for NYC tomorrow, but if I try to register with TM.com or download the US app rather than the UK one, I have to have a US address, which of course I don't have

If anyone in the UK has bought today for any of the US shows, I'd really appreciate your advice

Many thanks

app only seems to work with a US IP address - you could try a VPN to see if that worked

You BEAUTY big wave - that's exactly what I will do.  Cheers!!

Had no issues for LA. Was concerned about all the problems the East Coast had, so had my phone and my computer ready to go right at 10am. Didn't really want GA since we did that last time around and with bad backs and knees didn't think we could do it again - guess we are getting old... lol Got first row in section 114 on the computer which was better than what my phone gave me as "best available". Sorry you guys had so many issues in the East :(  

Many thanks

Or alternatively you could let U2 fans LIVING IN New York, such as myself, buy our tickets without trying to cheat the system.  I have to wait until tomorrow too and I'm waiting patiently.

No problems getting one for each night in Vancouver - GA on the floor.  Sorry East Coast fans.   I think you guys bore the brunt of the problems.

nice work manxman...I'm stressing over the prospect of going thru this tom for Boston.  Question, did you compleetly back out of TM after the purchase of your first ticket?..I'm fearing the code may not take a second time after reading horror stories on here....the whole thing is hard to fathom without actually being able to go thru the transaction. I'd also like to buy 1 ticket for 2 different nights  thnkx 

Edy,

Sucks living here and having to compete w the goddamned world for tkts every time you want to see a show. I know.

Many thanks

Or alternatively you could let U2 fans LIVING IN New York, such as myself, buy our tickets without trying to cheat the system.  I have to wait until tomorrow too and I'm waiting patiently.

Sorry but how am I 'cheating the system'?  I will be working in NYC and want to buy tickets to see U2?  Where is there a law that states I have to live in the City where I see the band?  If you were living in London for a few months and the band announced tickets for the time you were there, would you seriously not buy them for fear of 'cheating the system'

Luckily I was able to buy my tickets for Los Angeles concert without any problems and in less than three minutes, but in the summary of my purchase appears an IMPORTANT ALERT I do not understand : "There is a delivery delay on This event Please check . the Event Detail Page for information on When the delay will be Lifted . Once the delay has-been Lifted , your tickets will be available via your selected delivery method . "

What does it mean?

Folks - Vancouver was no problem. One important key is make sure you have an Ticketmaster account setup.  All in took me 5 minutes for my 2 GA tix for Friday night.  Good luck.

Luckily I was able to buy my tickets for Los Angeles concert without any problems and in less than three minutes, but in the summary of my purchase appears an IMPORTANT ALERT I do not understand : "There is a delivery delay on This event Please check . the Event Detail Page for information on When the delay will be Lifted . Once the delay has-been Lifted , your tickets will be available via your selected delivery method . "

What does it mean?

Nothing. That is their standard alert that things won't ship/be available for download immediately. Big shows always do that to reduce the ability of scalpers to turn tickets around quickly... if they delay how long they have to wait before being able to resell, some aren't as interested.

I had no problem in Los Angeles. I cut and pasted my code, had a ticketmaseter  account all set up, waited on the ticketmaster page during the count down.  Then when I looked at my printed receipt ...it's not the day I want ! ,  (or was it "user error"....I am 56 years old ...ha -ha   !)  oh well at least I have tickets.  I was SO nervous during the whole thing!

Many thanks

its not cheating, its using technology to beat a crap system (ticket master)

Edy,

Sucks living here and having to compete w the goddamned world for tkts every time you want to see a show. I know.

I must be the 'goddamned world' that you refer to.

I have seen them every tour since 1985, and shoot me but I must have cheated other fans out of tickets because I've been 2/3 nights in a row too.

One of the highlights of Dublin last time was the mix of people in the bars beforehand, who had come from all over the world to see their band.  Bloody system cheats.

Sorry but how am I 'cheating the system'?  I will be working in NYC and want to buy tickets to see U2?  Where is there a law that states I have to live in the City where I see the band?  If you were living in London for a few months and the band announced tickets for the time you were there, would you seriously not buy them for fear of 'cheating the system'

Actually, I'm from Scotland but I live in NYC.  I would love to buy tickets for Glasgow but I'm not going to go through a proxy server or whatever (as suggested by bigwave) to do so.  Aside from the 360 tour, I have been to every U2 show performed in Scotland since 1985.

Now getting spinning wheel of death.

This kills me! I love it...! Spinning wheel of death! I know it's not funny but you made me LOL!

Actually, I'm from Scotland but I live in NYC.  I would love to buy tickets for Glasgow but I'm not going to go through a proxy server or whatever (as suggested by bigwave) to do so.  Aside from the 360 tour, I have been to every U2 show performed in Scotland since 1985.

As far as I am aware there is no restriction on buying tickets in another country (not on U2.com anyhow). 

What does it mean?

Nothing. That is their standard alert that things won't ship/be available for download immediately. Big shows always do that to reduce the ability of scalpers to turn tickets around quickly... if they delay how long they have to wait before being able to resell, some aren't as interested.

Thanks! So all i need to do is go to the concert an swipe the credit card i used to buy them to enter! Great! 

Opps wrong thread I posted in.  Just brutal experience.  How can they suck at selling tickets?

Can anyone confirm if there is any value at ALL in a B code?  I mean is there GA left for Chicago?  Will any B's get any GA's?

OMG ... went down to 1 second, yes 1 second, before the order went through but I have my tixs for San Jose. Be aware that it rejected my visa so had to put in another one before it went through.  Ended up in Sec. 114, two tixs for $600+. I've seen the band every time they come to the Bay Area and never pay top $$.  This time we went for it.  I know it will be worth it!!!  CAN'T WAIT .... 

Bought similar tickets too! Section 114 at San Jose night one.  The website didn't work for me as I was initially trying to buy red zone tickets.  Went with the app and bought seats instead.  

Ticketmaster is a debacle.  What a horrible amount of anxiety! 

Sign in to follow this