Sign in to follow this  
HalfDragon

TicketMaster Problems (MERGED)

Spent 2 very frustrating hours at computer, had GA tickets to Boston 4 times, kept being kicked out. When I was able to select tickets, TM only gave 1 and a half minutes to buy and the wheel of death kept on spinning so the tickets were lost after that and I had to start again. Then it wouldn't take my code. I was lucky in the end - at least I hope so as you don't get the actual tickets, you have to swipe your card at the gate, not sure I trust Ticket Disaster right now. Total repeat of Vertigo, hard to believe it happened again.

Why oh why would you guys use Ticketmaster again after the last time they screwed fans! I'm so pissed off and annoyed at the way the presale was handled! I was able to get tickets but way, way out of my price range. I was hoping for GA but they kept pushing the high price tickets on me and I didn't want to end up empty handed. I have been a fan and a fan club member since the 80's and I'm starting to doubt if it's even worth it anymore.

Opps wrong thread I posted in.  Just brutal experience.  How can they suck at selling tickets?

Can anyone confirm if there is any value at ALL in a B code?  I mean is there GA left for Chicago?  Will any B's get any GA's?

yes

not sure until tomorrow

Had similar problems as others.  Initially the site said that no tickets were available even though I tried right at 10:00 AM.  This same routine happened numerous times.  After about 3 or 4 minutes I got the searching for tickets message stating that the wait was approximately 9 minutes.  I did this using two browsers, one looking for GA on 5/26 and another searching for 5/27.  After waiting for what seemed like forever both browsers popped up with a GA ticket available.  At that point I went through the purchase process and got lucky in that they both processed smoothly.  Good luck everybody, there's got to be a better way to do this.  With that said, I didn't panic because I knew that GA's had to be available.  There is no way that they would sell the entire allocation in the first few minutes because then there would be nothing available for the "innocence" group.  Be patient and have faith.

its not cheating, its using technology to beat a crap system (ticket master)

So, as "community manager" for a forum, if this forum (it may) used IP address blocking to prevent a troll from registering and posting, but they used a proxy server to circumvent, you'd be happy with that?  Since it's not cheating the system but using technology.  Anyway, don't want to start a flame war and derail this discussion regarding the ticket sales...we'll agree to disagree.  I certainly disagree being a VP of Technology.

Secured tickets, took moments (seconds) to check seating chart and TM kicked me off saying time was up. Then it wouldn't take any info...site said try later.

You might try getting your tickets using your phone. I tried with the computer for 1/2 hour and it was a nightmare- lost tickets, ran out of time, then didn't accept my code! So I used my phone hoping that it would work better and it went thru with no problem!

its not cheating, its using technology to beat a crap system (ticket master)

So, as "community manager" for a forum, if this forum (it may) used IP address blocking to prevent a troll from registering and posting, but they used a proxy server to circumvent, you'd be happy with that?  Since it's not cheating the system but using technology.  Anyway, don't want to start a flame war and derail this discussion regarding the ticket sales...we'll agree to disagree.  I certainly disagree being a VP of Technology.

good question. I would rather help a U2 fan get the ticket they wanted than worry about protocol today.

Lorriledger,

No, you're not the goddamned world I was referring to.

Getting tickets to msg is always horrific because people fly in from all over the world. And not just for U2.

I've met a lot of great people and had a lot of great times, but a relatively stress free ticket purchase sure would be appreciated.

Plus, if you are temporarily living here, you're exempt because now getting tickets to your local show is your nightmare too.

Got a pair of Red Zone for San Jose night 1.  Was debating between that and decent 100 level seats but figured Red Zone floor is worth $50 more than being 20 rows up in lower level.  Will roll the dice on GA for night 2 during the general on sale.

My Experience:

-Had my laptop going using my work phone as a Wi-Fi Hotspot

-Had Desktop Computer trying

-Had IPhone Trying as well

I could only get through on my laptop as the wheel was spinning on the other two and finally got Lower Level Section 107-Chicago at 10:36am.  This was after numerous times I was told my code didnt work and after it would freeze and I actually had to refresh losing my place in line. 

Took 1hour and 45 minutes but finally got GA for NY 4... Ticketmaster was a disaster! Glad I am going to get to see the band again! I know this isn't their fault.

good question. I would rather help a U2 fan get the ticket they wanted than worry about protocol today.

help me ;)

help me ;)

gladly. more details needed.

Why oh why would you guys use Ticketmaster again after the last time they screwed fans! I'm so pissed off and annoyed at the way the presale was handled! I was able to get tickets but way, way out of my price range. I was hoping for GA but they kept pushing the high price tickets on me and I didn't want to end up empty handed. I have been a fan and a fan club member since the 80's and I'm starting to doubt if it's even worth it anymore.

venues dictate use of TM- you want a decent sized venue chances are they are using TM as their ticketing agency.  TM has, essentially, a monopoly on it. 

Got a pair of Red Zone for San Jose night 1.  Was debating between that and decent 100 level seats but figured Red Zone floor is worth $50 more than being 20 rows up in lower level.  Will roll the dice on GA for night 2 during the general on sale.

So lucky, I tried getting Red Zone and it wouldn't go through on the site.  I got 100 level seats, 20 rows up :/ .  

Lorriledger,

No, you're not the goddamned world I was referring to.

Getting tickets to msg is always horrific because people fly in from all over the world. And not just for U2.

I've met a lot of great people and had a lot of great times, but a relatively stress free ticket purchase sure would be appreciated.

Plus, if you are temporarily living here, you're exempt because now getting tickets to your local show is your nightmare too.

Looks like you and I will be buying our tickets from a dodgy chap outside the arena.  Good job there's a Bank of America right next to it.  ;)

help me ;)

gladly. more details needed.

Just kidding.  I've got to wait until tomorrow.

I tried for Chicago but unable to ever get to the purchasing screen. Ended up getting tickets in Toronto which had already been on sale for over an hour, at least I am have them! Woohoo!!

Sorry edy, I've been a member here without a lapse for years and after a morning from hell now have my two gas.

The other shows will be dealt with later. Hopefully not thru mr dodgy, but you never know.

Good luck tomorrow, all.

No problems getting one for each night in Vancouver - GA on the floor.  Sorry East Coast fans.   I think you guys bore the brunt of the problems.

nice work manxman...I'm stressing over the prospect of going thru this tom for Boston.  Question, did you compleetly back out of TM after the purchase of your first ticket?..I'm fearing the code may not take a second time after reading horror stories on here....the whole thing is hard to fathom without actually being able to go thru the transaction. I'd also like to buy 1 ticket for 2 different nights  thnkx 

No.  I had the phone app going, but it was being slow.  As soon as I completed the one order, I just started the second.  It was going quicker than the phone order, so I just closed the phone order and continued forward on-line.  Now if I can just get two more tickets on Monday so I'm not there alone!

My mouse was touchy on my first try, misclicked and lost San Jose 1 GA.  The next 2 attempts got me to the final page still with a GA ticket, then instantly reloaded which caused TM to kick me to a page about calling on the phone to order which lost my order.

I thought about changing browser settings, erasing cookies, or firing up a different browser.  But, I switched to the app.  1st San Jose GA was a snap at 10:12.  2nd San Jose GA had a 5-minute spin.  As I started to go back to the computer, the spin ended and was a snap at 10:21.

Edited by tingly

Finally got in for two NY shows.  This was ridiculous.  An hour of pure stress and anger at Ticketbastard.

I do not look forward to trying for a few others on December 8th.

Luckily, it only took me 28 minutes, 5 tries, and much frustration to get tickets, but I lost out on the front row seats I had first selected.  It took my friend 2 hours and about 25 tries before she finally got her tickets.  The only tickets we could pull up without waiting many minutes, were Red Zone.  So, we're paying much more than planned, but at least we have tickets for both Boston nights.  After the Vertigo fiasco, tickets for 360 were very easy to get.  Guess I'm glad that these are the only shows that we're going to see as I don't want to go through this again.   What idiot decided to have the presales for all of the shows on the same day + Foo Fighter tickets?

Edited by peggytwoten

Sign in to follow this