Sign in to follow this  
HalfDragon

TicketMaster Problems (MERGED)

Peggy...any idea what we get for $350? with these Red Zones? I thought I remembered folks complaining about them on 360?

Hi all,

Had the same problems as everyone else at 10AM EST....lost multiple tickets when I hit the purchase button - internal service error.  I got frustrated and quit.

THE GOOD NEWS is that I JUST (4 hrs after window opened) purchaed 2 red zone to the last night at MSG.  EXACTLY what I wanted the big splurge for Christmas!

Keep trying!!!  Good luck to all!!!

THE GOOD NEWS is that I JUST (4 hrs after window opened) purchaed 2 red zone to the last night at MSG.  EXACTLY what I wanted the big splurge for Christmas!

There is a strange irony in knowing that had Ticketmaster worked as it should have, I'd've likely not gotten the seats I wanted...

It took me 28 minutes of hell to get two Boston tickets.  I had great seats twice and Ticketbastard crashed during the payment step and I lost them.  I finally got decent seats after 5 tries and 4 crashes and multiple times of my presale code being denied.   Pure misery and completely unnecessary.  If Ticketbastard's IT infrastructure can't handle that kind of traffic, then they shouldn't have multiple high-profile shows going on sale at the same time on the same day!!!   But I guess when you're a monopoly, you don't have to be any good.   Damn sad state of affairs if you ask me.  When I read about all the people who weren't able to get tickets, I feel very lucky that I somehow managed to succeed.

Tried to get tickets to MSG for July 18th for 1 hour, tried 5 times in cart and then almost to end of purchase and Internal Failure.  I then tried July 19th for GA and same thing for another 1/2 hour.  Finally 1 1/2 hours later, I was able to secure two GA tickets, but I wanted seats, but too expensive they kept offering 312.00 per ticket.  Way too much for me.  Ticketmaster is the worst, it was so much better with Live Nation.

What a joke.   Used the app for iOS and get to the checkout process three times.  Each time bombs out.  FInally get through......Oh, sorry there aren't anymore tickets available.   

Well, I guess I stand corrected.  I got an e-mail a half hour later congratulating me on my Travel Insurance purchase.  I was like HUH, my order went through?  So I dug a little and sure enough, there was a TM charge on my credit card after all.   Called up TM just to make sure that my order indeed went through and since it did......San Jose here we come!!!    

It's always like this. every U2 tour. Ticketmaster has huge marketshare. It really is a joke because TM has been selling tickets for decades and STILL can't get it right. Amazing that the Propaganda snail ways was less stressful & more effective. And..... we all pay the INFLATED fees. I feel for all of you having problems today.

Edited by old_u2babyboy

Finally got in for two NY shows.  This was ridiculous.  An hour of pure stress and anger at Ticketbastard.

I do not look forward to trying for a few others on December 8th.

I'm in the same boat.  I need two more tickets for the rest of the family or somebody is going to be drawing straws.  The idea of going through this again Monday morning makes my head hurt.

isn't it quite funny that they call themselves ticketMASTER?  ...lol     they are a def. joke, but i finally got mine 1h12m into the presale via the TM APP.... so that worked well... hope everyone gets one... best of luck

Got my Chicago GA tix for June 24!  But not without sweating it out during a one hour ordeal.  Got repeated 401 error messages, had to re-enter presale code multiple times, also "experienced" the infamous spinning wheel of death, then on a whim I went to another computer at work and after about an hour (11am Central) I got right on through the process.  Click, click, click, bang bang and purchased.  What a relief to see that receipt in my inbox!  Bottom line, DON'T GIVE UP!  Remember the general public can't get a hold of any tickets till Monday.  Keep trying and KEEP COOL!

Holy hell, this sounds like a mess!

I'm almost relieved I'm in pre-sale B and can't 'try' and buy until Friday.

I have gleaned many pointers but I have two questions?

Do the B-sides get a different, equivalent number of tickets available to purchase tomorrow (ie more GA put back in the pot) or is there just one block of presale tickets and we get what's left after today...which is sounding like not much:)

And how many people are in the Experienced Group? I ask only because I'm wondering why TM couldn't handle this pre-sale today, especially on the east coast? Just think what's going to happen on Monday?!?

Tried once and on my way to the checkout a message read that those tickets were not available anymore.  I thought they would hold/secure the tickets while people enter their payment information.  I tried twice with no luck.  On my third try I got 2 tickets in a better spot than the previous ones and was able to buy them.  Whew! :rolleyes:

55 minutes on TB (ticketbastard)....lost over 6 pairs of tickets (lost count after the 6th time) cause TB froze throughout....even got so far as the last step, place order, and it crashed.  Finally got them on my phone app.   Unbelievable that an organization this big who has had numerous problems in the past, could not/did not/would not amp up for this AND it's not even a public on sale..............what's it gonna be like on Monday?????????

Opps wrong thread I posted in.  Just brutal experience.  How can they suck at selling tickets?

Can anyone confirm if there is any value at ALL in a B code?  I mean is there GA left for Chicago?  Will any B's get any GA's?

i know right, they got one job to do ..... just one job to do and thats sell tickets... they are a constant fail regardless of who your trying to buy tix for... its soo funny that these establishments have not booted them yet for another company

After striking out 3 times for Boston I easily got tickets for the 2nd San Jose show. Looks like Ticketmaster (which still sucks) got whatever problem they were having solved. 

Ticketbastard doesn't need to improve because they are the only option.  Until their monopoly is broken they have zero incentive to get better.  I mean, seriously - it's 2014.  It's not like scalable web apps and online payment systems were just invented.

After 1.5 hours and 22 failed attempts, 4 on the iPhone app, I finally got two NYC GA tickets for Sun July 19.

I wanted Saturday night, but by the time the site or app was working, the Saturday GA pre-sale tickets were sold out.

I'm thankful I got some tickets but pissed off I missed out on Sat. July 18 in NYC.  

Thanks Ticketmaster for crap planning. How on earth does a company that big in that industry not make sure their servers can handle the load! Pathetic.  :angry: 

Edited by simspace

I managed to book 2 redzone for the first Vancouver show from Ireland.  It took about 4 minutes. Before I logged on to ticketmaster I deleted the full history from Internet Explorer.  I don't know if this helped but it didn't do any harm.  Hopefully this will be of some help to others.  Good luck

Holy hell, this sounds like a mess!

I'm almost relieved I'm in pre-sale B and can't 'try' and buy until Friday.

I have gleaned many pointers but I have two questions?

Do the B-sides get a different, equivalent number of tickets available to purchase tomorrow (ie more GA put back in the pot) or is there just one block of presale tickets and we get what's left after today...which is sounding like not much:)

And how many people are in the Experienced Group? I ask only because I'm wondering why TM couldn't handle this pre-sale today, especially on the east coast? Just think what's going to happen on Monday?!?

I can't answer most of your questions, though I got a look at the seating chart for Boston at least, before TM forced me to let them pick my seats (!!!) and it looked like well over half the arena was available to purchase, so hopefully you'll be OK.   I do know that the problem with TM was basically poor planning and crap infrastructure which are always their problem(s).  Today's great idea:  The Foo Fighters presale also started today at 10 a.m. EST.  Incredibly stupid if you ask me.  Monday, frankly, will probably be a debacle.

Have had membership since I was a high schooler in the 1980s. Spouse had membership since early 1990s. 

So already a bit POd that we we couldn't attend 1 show as a family of 4 due to ticket limits today & the dire warnings about using more than 1 code.

So we decided to try and get tickets today for just 1 show.

I had GAs in my cart THIRTEEN TIMES over an hour+ period. All timed out and crashed. One transaction went completely through (credit card, shipping page etc) and when I clicked 'confirm purchase' it crashed. My husband tried on his end for over an hour too.

Ticketmaster asked me to email them after seeing my rants on twitter but we never received a response.

Over two hours later I had a quick break from work and was finally able to get 1 set of tickets.

But today's headache and other recent missteps really have me questioning why we even bothered with the fan club membership over the years...

We've gotten tickets for everything imaginable from Springsteen to San Diego Comic Con and have never experienced the headaches & crashes of today.

The Conways

Edited by gnuthca

MSG RZ $350

...and still wondering what did that get me...it doesn't have a seat number, just RZ1

I also had a lot of trouble with TicketMaster today for the presale. Took about an hour, multiple types of errors similar to what others have mentioned (hangs searching, server crash, Buy button timing out immediately).

Details if anyone needs them:

I picked best available thinking it would find the best seats.  It took forever, saying x minutes left for way longer than whatever it said, and finally came back with GA, which I did not want.  I picked another package and searched again and it was taking forever saying 1 minute left. I finally opened another browser instance and searched.  The first browser instance NEVER did come back with any results from the search. With the new browser instance, it eventually came back with tickets and said some low number like 10-15 seconds left in sale, I immediately hit buy and it said time was up (it clearly was not yet up). Searched again, that finally came back, clicked Buy, server crash with a very cryptic error message (white screen, text message at top).  So, this sort of thing went on for a while, sometimes it seemed as if the Buy button just completely didn't work.  Finally it came back with seats which, of course, were not as good as the ones in the previous searches, but eventually the sale looked like it went through.  This was very frustrating. Hopefully the road trip to NY will go way smoother!

MSG RZ $350

...and still wondering what did that get me...it doesn't have a seat number, just RZ1

there are no seat #'s assigned in the RZ. They are no seats (I think I may have recalled seeing some folding chairs in the back of the RZ space but absolutely NO ONE is sitting.

Sign in to follow this