Sign in to follow this  
HalfDragon

TicketMaster Problems (MERGED)

I got my 2 to Chicago after 1 and 1/2 hours. Encountered the same issues as all. Spinning wheel for 1 minute that was an hour. Full cart twice and then server error. Changed from Chrome to Windoes Internet and got tickets in 30 seconds. Phew!!!!

MSG RZ $350

...and still wondering what did that get me...it doesn't have a seat number, just RZ1

Thanks.. here is what it gets you.. Not much but you are right next to stage and on 360 those areas had separate bathrooms, concessions and lots of room..

(RED) Zone Ticket 

Barricaded area adjacent to the Stage 

Extremely limited capacity 

VIP Entrance to the venue 

An opportunity to be selected for a pre-show backstage tour 

Access to the (RED) Zone refreshment stand 

Please note: The (RED) Zone gives you access to an exclusive VIP area directly adjacent to the Stage with special amenities and dedicated staff, all while raising money in support of (RED) and the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa. A portion of the proceeds from your purchase supports the (RED) campaign. To learn more about the (RED) campaign, please visit http://www.red.org

Also had many issues today trying to get tickets. Was hoping for MSG night 1 and pulled 2 GA for that but ticketmaster didnt let me finish the transaction. Tried about 50 times and ultimately got GA for the last night in MSG but was frustrating. I recorded one of the attempts to show the issue at hand. 

Phish and Pearl Jam get the same TM results. The people who work there hold tickets in baskets for hours for friends, scalpers, etc. If tickets are in a basket, the general public cannot buy them. When they get tired of holding they will release the basket. TM associate says. 

MSG RZ $350

...and still wondering what did that get me...it doesn't have a seat number, just RZ1

Thanks.. here is what it gets you.. Not much but you are right next to stage and on 360 those areas had separate bathrooms, concessions and lots of room..

(RED) Zone Ticket 

Please note: The (RED) Zone gives you access to an exclusive VIP area directly adjacent to the Stage with special amenities and dedicated staff, all while raising money in support of (RED) and the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa. A portion of the proceeds from your purchase supports the (RED) campaign. To learn more about the (RED) campaign, please visit http://www.red.org

Thank you- Not much but, secured and simple makes for a happy wife :) and therefore a happy life. Grateful.

Started at 10:00am for tix to msg June 18th and every time had good tix in cart and wound up getting kicked off. Finally landed 2 at around 1:30 and had to settle on what came up didn't want to not get anything. I must have tried 20 to 30 times. This reminds me of the crap that went on for the second leg of vertigo and the boys did those 10 shows at msg. Tm would even let me get GA floor. Thanks again ticketmaster. Hope I have better luck at general public sale for another show.

This entire experience was absolutely ridiculous.

I finally (and very gratefully) was able to get tickets for Boston, but it took ALMOST TWO HOURS, multiple browser tabs on multiple devices, an hour and fifteen minute phone call to two TM representatives, and finally, a download of the mobile app to finally make it work. TicketMaster is worthless.

I get a surge in server demand. I get IT problems. I don't blame U2.com or any of the very nice people that work there. They have clearly been working very hard to make this all happen. However, the genius who decided to have Foo Fighters and U2 battle it out on the TicketMaster domain should get canned - the only winners in this were TM with their fees for horrific customer service and the band for the amount of tickets that were sold. The losers were the fans that lost good seats because of capacity issues (I ended up personally spending 3x the anticipated amount because of how it all went down - but what was I to do, it was either take this tiny shred of seat availability or leave empty-handed). For the biggest band in the world, surely U2 can demand a little more respect for their fans from that overblown joke of a ticket broker. At least stagger the freakin sales by an hour or two to let the servers handle the load. Or have different bands on sale on different days. It's not rocket science - if they took it one city at a time I really don't think it would overload their system. As humans, we have a robot driving around on Mars, but no one can come up with a reasonable and workable plan to sell effing concert tickets. Brilliant.

I know the request is to outline exactly the problems encountered, but I have wasted enough of my day on those issues. Suffice it to say that plenty of others have described them here. I am absolutely disgusted by how this all went down. 

Anyway, thank you Zoo mods for all of your support and tweets. Thank you U2 for the beautiful music and the opportunity to see you play again. And thank you TicketMaster, for absolutely ruining my day with your inept and archaic system that is the backbone of the entire live music industry. If it were possible, I wouldn't give you another dime. Unfortunately, dealing with you is the ultimate price I have to pay to see one of my favorite bands.

I had 2 front row selected and secured at 10:00 am and then all the hell started. I got stuck on the captcha screen and had to keep going back and starting over so the front row seats were gone. Then I'd get the "can't process your request". Then after 20 mins and getting seats further away, I clicked buy and nothing happened while the clock ticked down to release tickets...and it did. So after 25 mins and several more screw ups I finally got my tix. Happy about that but really wish I would have gotten the choice seats I selected at the start.

MSG RZ $350

(RED) Zone Ticket 

Thank you- Not much but, secured and simple makes for a happy wife :) and therefore a happy life. Grateful.

and very nice that I get to be a part of another RED contribution...they made it easy to 'add to your cart' and I of course had trouble resisting. 

Maybe there is hope for us that get the Leftovers presale tomorrow.

Not that it connects necessarily...but I got bumped to the 2nd round for 360 and still got GA's (not sure if that is your goal).

Fellow fans - I just went on to Ticketmaster and purchased two tickets with no issue. Good luck. 3:12 PM New York

Go to the tour info page and look up how to you maybe restricted till tomorrow. And not the song

Everyone who had problems this morning should go and try again right now. The other presales for Foo Fighters and One Direction are long over so you should try again and see if you can get through this time.

Edited by Ingrida

I also had tickets secured 3 times, lost them each time, then I gave up.  Thanks U2 and Ticketmaster, great job again with your presales.

How about this idea: don't lump together long-time fans from the days of Propaganda with "fans" that just purchased a U2.com subscription a couple of months ago.

It is now telling me my code has been used. But I 100 % most certainly DID NOT BUY ANY TICKETS! If any tickets were bought associated with my code they should be cancelled. I have kept my fan club alive all these years and can't even get an opportunity to buy 2 measly tickets! I am furious.

Holy hell, just realized after this morning's debacle that after 1 1/2 hours, I selected a different day that I wanted for Boston. With this ticketless entry, is their any way to do ticket swaps?

I was not aware that the RED Zone tix have no seats! I NEVER sit anyway, but my wife was hoping there were...

I wish StubHub was RED friendly as I would sell them there!

As I am a 34 year crazy passionate fan, I am pretty sure she will still go with me, but my friend told me he sold a 5th row pair of Taylor Swift tix for $10k each...really?

What do you all think a RedZone ticket might get?

Ticketmaster website has frozen repeatedly.  Had GA's pulled up to buy for Chicago.  When I went to purchase, 'problem processing request occurred.   Lost them. Ugh!

Sign in to follow this