Sign in to follow this  
HalfDragon

TicketMaster Problems (MERGED)

Took 49 minutes...crashed 9 times...each time losing great seats.  I did get two tickets...just not located a good as the previous eight tries.

tbomike that's crazy I'd get on the horn to ticketmaster and email back the fan club fast and call the cops too

Wow, nice replies...I was just mentioning what I was told...I wouldn't know anything about the prices of taylor swift.

Had my iPad, iPhone, and PC all cranked to buy MSG opening night tickets on 7/19. I was bounced out at least 10 times after procuring GA seats. Tried using the TM app; it wouldn't load my CC info. Finally my old PC came through. After putting me behind the stage, I threw them back in the water and finally got 2 GA's for Opening night. Next stop, Boston!!

First of all did not receive my code until this AM. Then it would not work on Ticketmaster, finally let me in and was able to get red zone tickets .....not Soo fast I was then booted out at check out this happened like some of you two times. Then I was caught in the spinning wheel. At the same time I was tiring with IPad Finally after 10-15 min I scored and paid for two Red zone last show MSG.

This should be nothing new for ticketmaster yet they always get it wrong. Repeat after me LACK OF COMPETITIONS!

Wow...Two Red Zone and Two GA for both shows in Vancouver. No muss no fuss. Took 7 minutes from start to finish.

How did you buy more than 2ea tickets?

My Husband's passcode and passcodes from our best friends. I was the designated ticket go getter this time around because i was the only one with time off.

Very frustrating process with the presale in ticketmaster AS USUAL. I had secure two GA tickets for one of the MSG shows and then, I got the error message, obviously I couldn't buy them, my code got locked for a while and when I was able to try again, no more GA tickets, so I have to get two tickets in an upper level (I passed on in the very expensive VIP tickets).

Phish and Pearl Jam get the same TM results. The people who work there hold tickets in baskets for hours for friends, scalpers, etc. If tickets are in a basket, the general public cannot buy them. When they get tired of holding they will release the basket. TM associate says. 

if you have evidence of this, beyond hearsay, please send me a PM I would be delighted to pass it on to be properly investigated

Tried 3 or 4 times this morning at the Toronto presale start; at the last try I was able to get to the payment area, but then I got an internal server error. I tried both the website AND the mobile app. No presale tickets for me :(  Too bad; I was really looking forward to the show! I say that because I have little faith in Ticketmaster getting their act together by the time the sale goes to the general public.

Edit: just found an email that says I have tickets, and checked to see if the CC was charged (it was), but they are not showing up on the Ticketmaster website as a show I have bought tickets for...

Edited by Morphius05

9 minutes for Left Coast USA pre-sales and have TM page loaded and TM Anroid app.  Fingers crossed...

Good Luck.  Stick with it and DON'T believe the "no tickets available" if you get it.  Based on reports I would try the app first. 

Luckily things worked out for me...12 minutes on the website with several system down messages.  Ended up getting two GA for night one of San Jose, CA. which is what I wanted.

Oddly enough the Android app never worked for.  Continuous searching and never got passed it. 

latest from http://www.u2.com/news/title/presales-update-us/ :

UPDATE TO EARLIER STORY.

Thanks for your patience. 

Ticketmaster has informed us that issues experienced in presales in North America earlier are resolved.

Pre-sale tickets are still exclusively available for U2.com subscribers.

Once again, apologies for the inconvenience.

Wow...Two Red Zone and Two GA for both shows in Vancouver. No muss no fuss. Took 7 minutes from start to finish.

How did you buy more than 2ea tickets?

My Husband's passcode and passcodes from our best friends. I was the designated ticket go getter this time around because i was the only one with time off.

Hope you used different CC's as Ticketmaster may cancel tickets if you have exceeded 2 tickets with the same billing information.

I've been trying to buy one GA ticket to MSG for July 18 since 10:00 a.m.

(I did secure one GA for the July 19 show in MSG.)

For the July 18 show, I think pretty much everything that COULD happen happened to me. I got the greyed-out screen. I got 'the your wait is 13 minutes, (then) 12 mintues (then) 11 minutes (etc. etc.) two different times and each time after 13 minutes, it said, "sorry, we can't process your request.' I kept searching over and over. It would then search for various times. 5 minutes. 1 minute. Every time - no ticket. A few times, it even searched with no time limit given and the circle kept going around and around.
Somewhere in the mix of all that, I did "secure" one GA for July 18 (joy!!) - - then hit 'Buy' and it went to the next screen and I got an error message, making me reload (or go back) - - and either way, it lost the ticket.

It's now 5:15 at night and I still have no GA for July 18. I've spent nearly an entire day feeling quite useless because my day has been consumed trying for this one ticket again and again and again x 1000 - - when this felt like the most effective (and easy) way to get a ticket (or two) this tour.

If there's any way to help, I'd love it. (My code appears to not be the issue. I did use it once today for the July 19 show, but I still have one show left on it. Sometimes all day, it HAS 'rejected' the code when I try it, but if you keep trying it, you eventually get the green message that 'unlocks' the presale availability for you. That's odd, but my code isn't the issue - - ticket availability has been, it seems?!

Any possible help would be appreciated - - thanks so much!!

(Edit: I still keep trying and now all it says is: 'We are unable to process your request.') It's now 5:24 p.m. EST in the U.S.

Edited by VertigoJane

Trying to buy tickets and when I put in my code it says it's not in ticketmaster system.

Edited by mickb

OMG ... went down to 1 second, yes 1 second, before the order went through but I have my tixs for San Jose. Be aware that it rejected my visa so had to put in another one before it went through.  Ended up in Sec. 114, two tixs for $600+. I've seen the band every time they come to the Bay Area and never pay top $$.  This time we went for it.  I know it will be worth it!!!  CAN'T WAIT .... 

Flying into SJ from Seattle for night 1.  Never been to the Bay area (I know sad) and looking forward to it.  

My mouse was touchy on my first try, misclicked and lost San Jose 1 GA.  The next 2 attempts got me to the final page still with a GA ticket, then instantly reloaded which caused TM to kick me to a page about calling on the phone to order which lost my order.

I thought about changing browser settings, erasing cookies, or firing up a different browser.  But, I switched to the app.  1st San Jose GA was a snap at 10:12.  2nd San Jose GA had a 5-minute spin.  As I started to go back to the computer, the spin ended and was a snap at 10:21.

10:12 was exactly when i got my 2 GA for SJ night 1.  Congrats... :D

tbomike that's crazy I'd get on the horn to ticketmaster and email back the fan club fast and call the cops too

I emailed the fan club help section but no response yet. I'd call ticketmaster but I'll just get some poor kid or phone employee who won't know what to do about it. I had decided to wait for add on MSG anyway but I am seriously unhappy about this.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that had problems, I kind of expected a little wait, but I had 2 windows open at all times for pages that never reached tickets. I finally closed them out and started over, many times. Each time getting a little farther in the process, finally got email confirmation after 53 minutes. Ridiculous.

So I finally was able to buy one GA ticket for $87, late this afternoon. I am still upset at this process. There was no need for Ticket Master to have so many problems with all the technology that we have today. They had to have known about these pre-sales long before we did. They should have been ready. I hope others in this first pre-sale get the tickets they want.  

Is there a resolution to this or is this just a forum to list issues? I'm not sure what to do about the message I'm still getting on Ticketmaster now every time I try to buy one GA for the July 18 MSG show: "We are unable to process your request. Please try again later."

If the TM issues are resolved, should this still be happening?

I have been trying to buy this one GA ticket for 8 hours. EIGHT HOURS.

Edited by VertigoJane

Is there a resolution to this or is this just a forum to list issues? I'm not sure what to do about the message I'm still getting on Ticketmaster now every time I try to buy one GA for the July 18 MSG show: "We are unable to process your request. Please try again later."

If the TM issues are resolved, should this still be happening?

I have been trying to buy this one GA ticket for 8 hours. EIGHT HOURS.

It took me most of the day too.  Gave me a massive headache and that 'sucker' feeling.  I'm not sure if there is a resolution thread, hope you get it figured out.  

I just went back into Ticket Master and they asked me to do a survey. Let's just say that I did not provide a positive review of their website! I let them know that this has been the worst ticket buying experience of my life! I told them if I have my way, I would never use their website or service ever again! 

Sign in to follow this