Sign in to follow this  
HalfDragon

TicketMaster Problems (MERGED)

I had confirmed seats that I wanted 3 Separate Times and each time Ticketmaster gave me an error of some sort! I had so many while trying, that I can't even remember them all! Disgraceful. I have been a member FOR YEARS and can't even purchase decent tickets (that I could actually afford). I guess we are all suckers for thinking this (now only 2 ticket limit) presale would help us get decent seats.

My issue may seem selfish. Although I ended up getting tix after 3 hrs of frustration, I got RED Zone and I was seeking low level seats ($180 or $312). I was hoping that maybe ordering a VIP package it would help... perhaps they had a different server or whatever...it worked and I have them.

I am happy to help RED as already noted, but when I found out there were no seats and it was just really an 'exclusive GA section' (not noted anywhere/combined with me being so frantically finding a way to GET my tickets) it compounded my dislike of Ticketmaster and the whole process.

This really is just a painful transition to the inevitability of all Mobile...however, I'd rather be old schooling it and camping out in line overnight than deal with this BS.

(and I'd get the seat I want and a ticket at face value price!)

If anyone going to MSG on the 23rd would like to trade and you are in section 106, 107, 117 or 118...please message me.

Edited by jmjmchip

Same for me. GA in cart 2 or 3 separate times. Times out after "buy". Persevered and had to break the bank for redzone tix and actually worked. For $700. Blessing and curse. I have been a fan club member since 1986 and deserve better.

Funny you say that dperry1...I agree and then realize, once it happens, a true U2 fan is a true U2 fan and we all deserve the same ops.

I saw them at Toads Place in 81 and that is when it happened to me as 'U2 can happen to anyone' :)

Just wanted to update that bigwave stepped in with a direct response and was able to resolve the problem and I am greatly pleased that something was done in a timely fashion. Navigating through the MSG shows now to see what I can find. Good luck to all!

All the problems were probably due to the ticket brokers getting the tickets first and U2 subscribers were second in line.  Tickets are available from brokers all over the internet.  

I had the same problems this morning for MSG 7/18 as everyone did. The night before I went to update my CC info, it took two hours for the server to respond with a successful message, I had a bad feeling about today's pre-sale.

Multiple times I had tickets in 110 and 114, only to be denied by technology. I took a break at 11:15 AM EST, then tried again at 1:30 PM EST, and successfully got two tickets in section 114. 

I also had success with the TM App on my iPhone, but I had trouble getting the tickets I wanted, it kept putting me behind the stage.

One thing I did notice for those trying to get tickets tomorrow, is that rows 1-9 are $300+ but several rows up in the same section are $118.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the morning I have about 30 TM messages saying that I have tickets as many failed attempts that I had.  

Just wanted to update that bigwave stepped in with a direct response and was able to resolve the problem and I am greatly pleased that something was done in a timely fashion. Navigating through the MSG shows now to see what I can find. Good luck to all!

tbomike, was the issue bigwave resolved the code saying it was used when it wasn't?

I'm STILL trying to get one GA for MSG for July 18 and I'm getting 'we can't process your request, try back again later' message over and over.

Wondering if this means the GA for fan club members are sold out for that show or if that's still a TM glitch?

It's now 8:45 p.m. EST and I've been trying to buy this ticket since 10:00 a.m EST this morning.

Not sure if I should give up or keep trying like a crazy person.   :)

Took me an hour and 12 minutes to complete my purchase.  How is it that ticketmaster, after decades of selling tickets, can flub this so badly?  I was coming unglued.  Thankfully everyone had issues so there were tickets left by the time I got thru :)

I just went back into Ticket Master and they asked me to do a survey. Let's just say that I did not provide a positive review of their website! I let them know that this has been the worst ticket buying experience of my life! I told them if I have my way, I would never use their website or service ever again!

I did the same! Is it bad that I chortled a little bit when I saw the survey pop up?

This whole thing was a bad experience. It took a total of at least 10 tries for me to finally get tickets. I wanted 2 GA tickets to the last New York show and every time it would pull up the tickets, the screen was either grayed out and I couldn't select buy OR after selecting buy, time would run out and I would get a message of gateway or internal server error. I'm very thankful that after an hour and fifteen minutes I was indeed able to get the tickets that I wanted. Every time I started over again it wouldn't accept my presale code for the first few attempts. It would eventually go through, but it didn't matter because I only got kicked out again.

you guys must all be insaneeeeeeeeeee.  I like U2 to, but did you guys actually look at the ticket prices before you purchased them? $350 for RED ZONE. Is that a misprint. You could of bought a GA seat or nose bleed seat and gave  the money directly to a worth while cause.   I remember for the 360 tour I purchased RED ZONE for $180, yes $180 no misprint. Oh well to each their own. Enjoy

What is this world coming to when you have to spend this kingd of money for 2hrs of music.

I think I just realized I'm stuck with tickets behind the band during Ticketmaster FUBAR when I had good tix before I got rejected. Im still livid about this thanks for the screw. Hopefully I can rid of them on stub hub. You Rushed this and Fogel and ticket basterd do not care about your Fans! I can't even listen to the album without getting so Angry about it. But what do they care. I feel like I got jerked around heavily

Edited by bowieno

Wow, I thought it was just me using my Windows phone. I kept getting Unknown TAP error every time I tried to complete the transaction. After first losing 2 GA tix to a MSG show, it forced me to enter a credit card (and I have had an account for years), then proceeded to tell me the card was already associated with my account! How do you knowingly give up 2 GA tickets for the sake of trying again with no guarantee? Ultimately I was able to get them, but now I'm looking to trade for an MSG pair of seats. Feel free to pm me if you have 2 seats and want 2 GA for July 22 in NY.

Waited an hour for the presale to start.  Had 2 GA tickets in my cart on the way to checkout - Internal Server Error.

Then it wouldn't take my presale code again for five minutes.

Ten minute wait to get tickets, but now an internal error has occured and I should try again later.

Now won't take my code again.

Junk service, their whole model should be around selling high-demand items and they can't keep it working.

same thing happened to me twice - eventually i got one but not GA - took 4 hours

now that i have the time to read through these, i see that everyone had virtually the same problems, and most of us lost our GA seats - I did eventually get one in another section.  My question is: who will be getting those GA tickets that were set aside for us, the longest-serving fans??????? Now the problems are fixed - just in time for the general public sale on Monday.  Not making a huge deal of it, but still.........

Well Stubhub and other websites were already selling tickets for exorbitant prices

So much for leaving the best seats for the long-time fans  :(

you guys must all be insaneeeeeeeeeee.  I like U2 to, but did you guys actually look at the ticket prices before you purchased them? $350 for RED ZONE. Is that a misprint. You could of bought a GA seat or nose bleed seat and gave  the money directly to a worth while cause.   I remember for the 360 tour I purchased RED ZONE for $180, yes $180 no misprint. Oh well to each their own. Enjoy

What is this world coming to when you have to spend this kingd of money for 2hrs of music.

You bought them in 2009 for the INSANE, or more respectfully stated, current market asking price of $180, but it wasn't insane then...oh, ok.

Ticketmaster sucks big time. This is only a presale, with the least amount of people of all three categories (experience, innocence and general public) getting tickets and it crashed.

They surely must update the servers for Monday

It doesn't help that Foo Fighters tickets were also released today

The only good news in reading this thread is that I didn't screw it up - TM did! The first time I got kicked out, I thought it was because I was impatient. Apparently not.

Oh man. My cc has been charged twice. Tried to call Ticketmaster on the customer service line and and still get a busy signal! Ugh!

word

Luck o' the draw today I guess!  Some got right in and got tickets, others not so much.  What a s**t-storm mess.  A month from now hopefully most of us will have forgotten this mess and will be looking forward to the shows!

I'm sure this has been said already but you'd think by now TicketBastard would figure out how to design their ticketing system so it works, but then again a monopoly like TB has little incentive to make things better!

Sign in to follow this