Sign in to follow this  
HalfDragon

TicketMaster Problems (MERGED)

I only do GA. Ever since Elevation. And it's more affordable than most seats.

TM won't change. They are comfortable in their obsolescense. They've already had a class action lawsuit settled a few years back regarding fees and extra charges on tickers and still seem to enjoy torturing themselves.

Edited by Sigma957

I had tickets secured 6 (SIX) times and then it either timed out or crashed at various points in the ordering procedure. My code was not accepted on numerous occasions. After nearly 2 hours I finally got 2 GA tickets for New York but was actually wanting seats. Ticketmaster should be ashamed of themselves. Their business is to supply tickets for high demand shows, therefore they should be able to do this without any problems. Pathetic!

Same problem, waited and waited looking at spinning disc, then internal server errors. Now when I log into ticketmaster, it says no tickets available. I wonder if my code is now invalid?? So much for membership benefits! Bulls**t!!

I had multiple problems with the pre sale yesterday and I'm very disappointed as I had Red Zone tickets in my cart on several occassions but after I had hit the buy button I was never transferred to the cashier, instead there was an error message. Also, I had to type in my code several times berfore it was accepted.  

I just got an email alert from Viagogo and checked out their website. They have many tickets for the U2 shows both in Europe and North America for sale today, naturally with a huge mark up. How is that even possible?

It sounds like I'm very lucky. I bought a Red Zone ticket at exactly 10 am for the opening night in Vancouver and a front-row balcony seat for the second night, exactly what I wanted (still in shock), and the transaction was smooth sailing. No problems of any kind. For those who are saying you can't buy a ticket for both nights, that's not true. You can buy one for each. As far as the problems everyone has been having, that's Tickbastard's fault. Also, I went through the presale link on U2.com rather than going straight to the Ticketbastard website. Maybe that helped. Also, be sure to make a Ticketbastard account so you're all ready to go.

Tried to select tickets via AXS for London 02 and it states no tickets availble for any date  ... what have I done wrong? Do I need to enter my access code prior to ticket selection? If so where is the entry field?

browser on the iphone crashed while in selecting my GA....relogged. now saying my code is invalid.

whats the point in having a presale code that isnt vaild until the payment has been made?

well this just sucks.

you would have thought that lessons would have been learned from the 360 mess... i guess not.

browser on the iphone crashed while in selecting my GA....relogged. now saying my code is invalid.

whats the point in having a presale code that isnt vaild until the payment has been made?

well this just sucks.

you would have thought that lessons would have been learned from the 360 mess... i guess not.

delete cookies and cache... also, try in a desktop browser, please...

if this doesn't solve the issue, please use the CONTACT US form in the HELP page (http://www.u2.com/help) and explain what happened. Have in hand any email confirming your subscription...

I was thrown out of the site numerous times - sometimes after reaching the payment page.  I don't have a smart phone so couldn't use the app.  Finally gave up.  May miss my first tour since All That You Can't Leave Behind.  What a mess.

Honestly, I remember the good old days of sending a check in an envelope to Propaganda and getting my tickets in a regular paper envelope--AND THERE WAS NEVER ANY PROBLEM. Can we please, please go back to those days? I tried to buy tix for Chicago yesterday at 10:00 CST and first off had to enter my pre-sale code 3X, then it was 10 minutes before a security phrase came up. Then after 10 more minutes with no action, I asked for a new security phrase and it worked. I wanted 2 GA Tix and tix came up, but the "buy" button couldn't connect in the requisite 2 min. that they will hold tix for. I timed out and had to start over. This time it searched for tix for 30 minutes! It was then dawning on me that the revolving timer was stuck. At 55 minutes into this nightmare, I had to start over -- 5 times -- and each time it froze on my credit card page.  Mind you, each time I had to enter my pre-sale code, I had to do it 3 times. Following this debacle, I decided to switch browsers. SIX TIMES I got to the ticket page and it whirled and spun looking for tickets and then bounced to a page that said RETURN TO EVENT PAGE. What a cluster****.  2 hours later, I still didn't have stupid GA tix, WHICH, BY THE WAY, changed price throughout this disaster from $65 to the total amount with handling fees to $76-something and I quit. I called a friend who did this from a different computer with all my codes and managed to get the tix for me; I don't know how long it took them. REALLY????? Ticketmaster should PAY ME handling charges.  I used my code to get my husband and son GA tix and in the end it cost $80 for them to STAND for 8 hours.  It's incredulously stupid. I've NEVER in the hideous history of the panic of buying U2 tix had such a frustrating, ridiculously hard time.  I don't have a smart phone with an app, so couldn't do it that way, if it was better, I don't know.  I dreaded the day before it started and Ticketmaster proved to be inadequate idiots once again.  My sister had all of these same problems and we ended up with CRAPPY near $300 seats. I expected more after the debacle of past U2 tours, but it wasn't even the same--IT WAS WORSE. AND, they're not even coming to our city--we have to drive 5 hours. I'm too old for this. I've bought U2 tix since Harpo's in 1981 and it's always such a panic and MESS that I dread every time they tour just bec. of the ticket fiasco I KNOW will be the first of many hurdles. Really, I'm the same age as the band and I'm just too tired to do this anymore.

Problems yesterday as well - 2x had GA for NYC MSG. Clicked "Buy" - watched the spinning wheel continue to spin as the ticket release timer expired my tix both times. An hour and 45 minutes later, I got tix in the upper bowl.

Same story.  Had tickets to NYC 7/22 in cart twice, then system hung, then error msgs.  Third time around TM system spun for 95 minutes before I terminated session.  I eventually got 2 tickets to Phoenix show  -- I live in NJ!!!!  I would like to be have pre-sale code for any additional NY shows and would provide the PHX tickets to someone else.

Trying to use my presales code but it says "code not valid for today"..... last day of bloody presales so it IS valid for today! Can anyone provide suggestions? 

For the June 24 Chicago Show, I had to interact with the Ticketmaster site for more than an hour with constant errors sending me to pages of computer code. Then, start over about a dozen times. Three times, I was sitting on a screen that said my wait time was 1 minute. Each time it was between 10 and never. When I started, the site told me something like, "That code is not correct. Try retyping it." I cut and pasted it. I retyped it, I swore at it. After retyping it about 15 times, it let me in. Finally, after my code was accepted, I used two browser windows to get a ticket. Each time I'd get an "eternal wait", I'd start a second window. Eventually the first window would crash. I had one window that stayed open from about 10:15 until 11:15 a.m. It continued to "spin" and tell me I was less than a minute away. In short, after a frustrating hour, I got two good tickets. Not as good as I might have gotten an hour earlier. Very disappointing experience. The anxiety and loss of the hour were unnecessary. It hurts both the U2 and Ticketmaster brand.

Trying to use my presales code but it says "code not valid for today"..... last day of bloody presales so it IS valid for today! Can anyone provide suggestions? 

Are you buying a US show?  If so, it doesn't start until 12.00 EST - so 5pm UK

This was the worst pre-sale ever.  Took more than 2 hours.  I am so disappointed and upset that I have been a fan club member since early days and these are the worst tickets I have ever had to buy.  Ticketmaster site kept saying for 2 hours, no tickets available and then when we finally got a choice, it would just keep buffering.  I'm so pissed that we had to take level 321 tickets (@ $300.00 each) as nothing else was available.  I called Ticketmaster and they basically don't care - said other fan club members were using their pre-sale codes at same time and they got tickets - they did not admit anything was wrong with their server or site.  It's just not fair.  Hate this system.  I wish U2 would help us out. 

Are you buying a US show?  If so, it doesn't start until 12.00 EST - so 5pm UK

Thanks for the response.

Yes I am trying to get US tickets. The website says that it is available to purchase 10am European time though? 

• Friday, Dec 5 12noon EST (North America) or 10am local (Europe) - pre-sales open for iNNOCENCE Group (recent/new subscribers)

No, Europe tickets open 10am local time (so if you were in NYC and want to buy for the UK it would be 05.00am in NY that you would be able to buy)

US tickets are on sale 12 noon EST - which is 5pm in the UK

Edited by lorriledger

By 'not working' - what exactly do you mean?  Where are you based, where are you buying for and what happens when you put the code in?

reminder US presales for iNNOCENT members are not open yet, just under 2 hours to go

No, Europe tickets open 10am local time (so if you were in NYC and want to buy for the UK it would be 05.00am in NY that you would be able to buy)

US tickets are on sale 12 noon EST - which is 5pm in th

Thanks very much! 

A couple of things I learned on the MSG Pre-sale - you can select a section, i.e. lower, upper, etc, then select a price range. Be very careful, the lower level tickets they offered up several times for me were behind the stage.

Reserved tickets are real tickets (if you want them), GA are the paperless that have all the restrictions. 

Good Luck to everyone!

I will organize a 'U2.Com anti-TM' party for the US shows! I will set up a FB page and something here in May as the shows get closer. 

Edited by dhaygood

Sign in to follow this