Sign in to follow this  
HalfDragon

TicketMaster Problems (MERGED)

you guys must all be insaneeeeeeeeeee. I like U2 to, but did you guys actually look at the ticket prices before you purchased them? $350 for RED ZONE. Is that a misprint. You could of bought a GA seat or nose bleed seat and gave the money directly to a worth while cause. I remember for the 360 tour I purchased RED ZONE for $180, yes $180 no misprint. Oh well to each their own. Enjoy

What is this world coming to when you have to spend this kingd of money for 2hrs of music.

You bought them in 2009 for the INSANE, or more respectfully stated, current market asking price of $180, but it wasn't insane then...oh, ok.

Actually level 1 tickets if you remember where 250 the red zone was by auction and only fetched 180. That's why they have a fixed price this time so they don't sell for such a low price. If you can afford it go for it. But 350 really. Not to mention the red zone is packed like ga so if you don't get there 6 hrs in advance. You will be right in the back.

Seasoned U2-er, had GA tix, wouldn't let me claim them as I frantically watched the timer run out, but all's well that ends well...got my Toronto GA's last night.... How does that work?! U2 or bust baby!!!

Yesterday's problems have evaporated? My wife and I were both able to score GA tickets for LA within 3 minutes of the "Innocence" opening today.

Used the Ticketmaster app... had my credit card info already in the system and had the pre-sale code set up as a copy/paste. Got one ticket each for the first two LA shows with no problem at all. Unfortunately, meant to get floor seats for both, but, ended up getting the more expensive lower level seat for night one. Ticketmaster App is the way to go. 

Two times I  had 2 GA tix for Toronto in cart, went to pay, said "uh oh selcted seats are being rmeoved".   Now there are NO tix avail.  WTF!??!   Have an iphone 3, cant use App as it wants ios7.  Total BS>

Edited by thom2544

Much smoother than the stories that were here about yesterday's pre-sale.   Got two tickets GA for United Center 6/25.  I am leary of the credit card swipe option instead of a physical ticket.  With the number of data breaches at retailers in the past year, the chance of needing a replacement card before June is nothing to overlook.

I wonder if it's not literally the card i bought the tix with, but could it be whichever card is saved in my ticketbastard acct at the time I enter the venue, just to prove it's really me ( along with my photo IID)?

Lost my GA tickets twice during checkout and got stuck in the balcony. What was the purpose of pre-sale if I'm going to get miserable seats anyways!?

keep trying... there should be enough tickets...

boston shows no GA left. is this the case max?

keep trying... there should be enough tickets...

boston shows no GA left. is this the case max?

Yes... I'm afraid there's no option but to keep trying...

Same thing here. I had 2 GA Tickets for AZ and TM timed out. Now, the code wont work. This process is a POS. It was the sale thing for the Vertigo tour.

I "hate" to be a hater, but this process is a joke especially for the fans that have supported them for 20+ years. I am so disappointed.

If anyone has 2 GA tix for AZ, let me know. Id rather not pay $800

wow. so glad i paid for a U2.com subscription. didnt do me any good today.

essentially a tax to get tickets.

Edited by jethronh

Finally got 2 tickets for MSG,  first try timed out when trying to complete, but code worked again and I was able to get tickets sec 227

It took me close to an hour as well. Got in after a few tries of it rejecting my code, but when it found seats, even if I pressed BUY it would time out before it would get to the next page and I lost out on several tickets. Each time I would have to get out and go back in fresh, and would have multiple rejections on my presale code, even though it was the same one I was posting every time

Easy As Cake

Someone at Ticketb*st*rd has a sick sense of humor.

I had GA twice for the 2nd Boston show and hit "buy" with a couple of minutes left - then they were gone.  The site had no problem showing me the $300 plus tix but I never wanted those.  Ended up getting two but pretty much in the back row of the balcony.  Not sure what the membership is really worth other than adding $50 to the cost of my back row balcony tickets.  I guarantee a few THOUSAND people will get a better tix on Monday (at my price level) without spending on the membership. I guess I made an iNNOCENCE mistake in renewing my membership.  Maybe the bonus is I get the promise of a decent vinyl out of it sometime next year.  And by the way - how about selling some vinyl at the U2 store please??

Had to do the CAPTCHA thing many times.  Not sure what it really does other then push us to the back of the line.  I had the TM app going as well as my PC but I have never got a decent tix from the app.  I swear I always do better a day or two before a show.

I also tried the Montreal show but it took a while to find an English site. I will say that the eXPERIENCE was much better once I found the correct site.  I bailed on the tickets because I wanted Boston as my first choice.  I did love that crazy rain after the last Montreal show on the first night!

I get that this is an arena show and the limit of 2 tix.  But it would have been nice to be able to use it for at least the two shows in your hometown without giving up a ticket to do so.  I never read anymore that the membership presale was limited to just two tix, but sure a group of attorneys (who's kids will be in the front row) buried it somewhere.  Maybe it was in a CAPTCHA that I blindly typed in. 

Please type in the following phrase "I AM AFOOL for ThinkING THat I Might actually Get a DeCent SeaT"...

you guys must all be insaneeeeeeeeeee.  I like U2 to, but did you guys actually look at the ticket prices before you purchased them? $350 for RED ZONE. Is that a misprint. You could of bought a GA seat or nose bleed seat and gave  the money directly to a worth while cause.   I remember for the 360 tour I purchased RED ZONE for $180, yes $180 no misprint. Oh well to each their own. Enjoy

What is this world coming to when you have to spend this kingd of money for 2hrs of music.

Totally worth the price to be up close to the band without standing in line and having to fight your way through crowds in GA. I'm too old for that sh@t.

Typical.  Had 2 GA's for Boston 2 locked up and went to pay and said someone grabbed them from me within the half second.  I didn't realize I had to be faster than the Big Blue computer once I had been given the GA offer for 2 tix.  ugh!

Alright what's the deal with using the same credit card? What and how are people getting tickets cancelled because of this?

I had GA twice for the 2nd Boston show and hit "buy" with a couple of minutes left - then they were gone.  The site had no problem showing me the $300 plus tix but I never wanted those.  Ended up getting two but pretty much in the back row of the balcony.  Not sure what the membership is really worth other than adding $50 to the cost of my back row balcony tickets.  I guarantee a few THOUSAND people will get a better tix on Monday (at my price level) without spending on the membership. I guess I made an iNNOCENCE mistake in renewing my membership.  Maybe the bonus is I get the promise of a decent vinyl out of it sometime next year.  And by the way - how about selling some vinyl at the U2 store please??

Had to do the CAPTCHA thing many times.  Not sure what it really does other then push us to the back of the line.  I had the TM app going as well as my PC but I have never got a decent tix from the app.  I swear I always do better a day or two before a show.

I also tried the Montreal show but it took a while to find an English site. I will say that the eXPERIENCE was much better once I found the correct site.  I bailed on the tickets because I wanted Boston as my first choice.  I did love that crazy rain after the last Montreal show on the first night!

I get that this is an arena show and the limit of 2 tix.  But it would have been nice to be able to use it for at least the two shows in your hometown without giving up a ticket to do so.  I never read anymore that the membership presale was limited to just two tix, but sure a group of attorneys (who's kids will be in the front row) buried it somewhere.  Maybe it was in a CAPTCHA that I blindly typed in. 

Please type in the following phrase "I AM AFOOL for ThinkING THat I Might actually Get a DeCent SeaT"...

Ski-J,

There is nothing more frustrating than this.  30 seconds after 12PM, I had 2 GA's come up.  I was pre-logged in to TM.  Within 2 seconds, I got a message that the GA's had been purchased by someone else.  Someone else?  I thought I was being offered the tix.  I didn't even get a countdown of time for how long I had to purchase. 

At the very least I could have been given the chance to confirm my purchase and sit in the "circle of death" before the system would bomb out.  I'd have felt better if that was the case!  Was I not using the right font?  Do they discriminate against those that can copy and paste?  I'm at a loss!  ;-) 

Anyone want some vinyl? 

Edited by daveydave

Sign in to follow this