Sign in to follow this  
HalfDragon

TicketMaster Problems (MERGED)

Just got this little message "We're sorry, there are no more tickets available for this promotion." even though tickets can be bought if you buy a bundle.

I haven't used my code and now can't.

I had GA twice for the 2nd Boston show and hit "buy" with a couple of minutes left - then they were gone.  The site had no problem showing me the $300 plus tix but I never wanted those.  Ended up getting two but pretty much in the back row of the balcony.  Not sure what the membership is really worth other than adding $50 to the cost of my back row balcony tickets.  I guarantee a few THOUSAND people will get a better tix on Monday (at my price level) without spending on the membership. I guess I made an iNNOCENCE mistake in renewing my membership.  Maybe the bonus is I get the promise of a decent vinyl out of it sometime next year.  And by the way - how about selling some vinyl at the U2 store please??

Had to do the CAPTCHA thing many times.  Not sure what it really does other then push us to the back of the line.  I had the TM app going as well as my PC but I have never got a decent tix from the app.  I swear I always do better a day or two before a show.

I also tried the Montreal show but it took a while to find an English site. I will say that the eXPERIENCE was much better once I found the correct site.  I bailed on the tickets because I wanted Boston as my first choice.  I did love that crazy rain after the last Montreal show on the first night!

I get that this is an arena show and the limit of 2 tix.  But it would have been nice to be able to use it for at least the two shows in your hometown without giving up a ticket to do so.  I never read anymore that the membership presale was limited to just two tix, but sure a group of attorneys (who's kids will be in the front row) buried it somewhere.  Maybe it was in a CAPTCHA that I blindly typed in. 

Please type in the following phrase "I AM AFOOL for ThinkING THat I Might actually Get a DeCent SeaT"...

Ski-J,

There is nothing more frustrating than this.  30 seconds after 12PM, I had 2 GA's come up.  I was pre-logged in to TM.  Within 2 seconds, I got a message that the GA's had been purchased by someone else.  Someone else?  I thought I was being offered the tix.  I didn't even get a countdown of time for how long I had to purchase. 

At the very least I could have been given the chance to confirm my purchase and sit in the "circle of death" before the system would bomb out.  I'd have felt better if that was the case!  Was I not using the right font?  Do they discriminate against those that can copy and paste?  I'm at a loss!  ;-) 

Anyone want some vinyl?

Just got this little message "We're sorry, there are no more tickets available for this promotion." even though tickets can be bought if you buy a bundle.

I haven't used my code and now can't.

If you haven't used the code and this happens contact them through the help and also there  was a thread pinned in the presales forum. They were able to help me with that.

I had GA twice for the 2nd Boston show and hit "buy" with a couple of minutes left - then they were gone.  The site had no problem showing me the $300 plus tix but I never wanted those.  Ended up getting two but pretty much in the back row of the balcony.  Not sure what the membership is really worth other than adding $50 to the cost of my back row balcony tickets.  I guarantee a few THOUSAND people will get a better tix on Monday (at my price level) without spending on the membership. I guess I made an iNNOCENCE mistake in renewing my membership.  Maybe the bonus is I get the promise of a decent vinyl out of it sometime next year.  And by the way - how about selling some vinyl at the U2 store please??

Had to do the CAPTCHA thing many times.  Not sure what it really does other then push us to the back of the line.  I had the TM app going as well as my PC but I have never got a decent tix from the app.  I swear I always do better a day or two before a show.

I also tried the Montreal show but it took a while to find an English site. I will say that the eXPERIENCE was much better once I found the correct site.  I bailed on the tickets because I wanted Boston as my first choice.  I did love that crazy rain after the last Montreal show on the first night!

I get that this is an arena show and the limit of 2 tix.  But it would have been nice to be able to use it for at least the two shows in your hometown without giving up a ticket to do so.  I never read anymore that the membership presale was limited to just two tix, but sure a group of attorneys (who's kids will be in the front row) buried it somewhere.  Maybe it was in a CAPTCHA that I blindly typed in. 

Please type in the following phrase "I AM AFOOL for ThinkING THat I Might actually Get a DeCent SeaT"...

Ski-J,

There is nothing more frustrating than this.  30 seconds after 12PM, I had 2 GA's come up.  I was pre-logged in to TM.  Within 2 seconds, I got a message that the GA's had been purchased by someone else.  Someone else?  I thought I was being offered the tix.  I didn't even get a countdown of time for how long I had to purchase. 

At the very least I could have been given the chance to confirm my purchase and sit in the "circle of death" before the system would bomb out.  I'd have felt better if that was the case!  Was I not using the right font?  Do they discriminate against those that can copy and paste?  I'm at a loss!  ;-) 

Anyone want some vinyl? 

Daveydave - you have touched on a very real problem with buying tickets today IMHO.  Once you are offered tickets, you should have a moment to decide without someone else grabbing them.  In any business, could you stand in front of someone, offer them something, and then have the gall not to give it them because you offered it to others??  I couldn’t do. 

It clear to me that once you find tickets, TM is also offering the same seats to others at the same time (no surprise to anyone here).  That is how they built their algorithm.  I’m just not clear why it has to be that way other then the industry wants to sell out a show as fast as they can regardless of how they treat the fans.  I’m not sure what the rush it to sell out a show other then bragging rights for someone (band or label).  Do you save $$ on computer/network time TM?? 

Why couldn’t a band like U2 tell TM that there can be a better customer experience when buying a ticket?  As band, offer the fans – at least the members – a chance to pick a ticket without a mad race because TM offered it to others?  So you slow the process down but make fans feel better about spending big money for tix.  We all understand that the algorithm is designed to create a buyer frenzy but for this band they don’t have to.  And  I’m sure the argument would be that U2 would hate to have some other band sell out faster then them.  Big deal.

Sorry for the rant!  It just pisses me off.  I was offered a chance by TM to do a customer service survey but I couldn’t be bothered to be on their site a second longer.  And I was afraid I would have to type a Captcha code before I submitted it…

Edited by Ski-J

I tried to use my iNNOCENCE code today for the Chicago show(s). 

A handful of times, it posted tickets which I wanted. When I clicked buy, sometimes it switched me to a page that told me my tickets weren't available. Other times, I got to the page where I could review the ticket selection. When I clicked continue, I'd get that page again. Ugh.

I've been searching again to try to find the best seats, but now I get this message:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /event/04004D82D2563C65 on this server.

Apparently, I've been blocked from the Ticketmaster site, even though I have an account with them?!?!?!

I know this because when I turn off wifi on my phone, I can access the website (so apparently they've shut me down via my wifi?). 

I have tried using the mobile app but it has continued to show me that no tickets are available, even though the website (when I could access it) said there were.

This sucks. Ticketmaster sucks. U2 partnering with such corporate bullshit sucks.

Please help.

Ski-J,

Anyone want some vinyl? 

Oh my gosh. This was practically my experience. With GAs. Then 100 level seats. Then 300 level seats (all at United Center in Chicago). 

Now, Ticketmaster has FORBIDDEN me...apparently, I'm a bot?!?! I must've entered that captcha 3,000 times today, with nothing to show for it.

I wish U2 was on top of this...but they're not. They partner with crooks like TM and we get hosed. Meanwhile, the boys are enjoying chateaus in France and high-rises in NY.

Makes me think of God Part II: "I don't believe in riches but you should see where I live."

I was part of the Innocent subscriber presale on Friday.  Lots of issues !  At noon , when the sale started - could not get any tickets - no GA tickets.  For Madison Square.  Only found ones in sec 114.  Friday night - after I type in the code - the search just failed with error stating that it could not process request, try again later.  Sat morning now - I am getting tickets but only ones that are priced at $312!!  What kind of presale is this for U2 fans?

Ticketmaster is letting me buy tickets for the presale without even punching in the resale code ....wtf?????

Ski-J,

Anyone want some vinyl? 

I want some vinyl please!

Ticketmaster is letting me buy tickets for the presale without even punching in the resale code ....wtf?????

Just noticed that too. It didn't ask me for the code at all. It even let me choose the seats from the map (which wasn't happening yesterday). 

I bought two to the 1st Chicago show, just in case. Am going to try the public sale on Monday. Maybe that'll work better...

Just noticed that too. It didn't ask me for the code at all. It even let me choose the seats from the map (which wasn't happening yesterday). 

I bought two to the 1st Chicago show, just in case. Am going to try the public sale on Monday. Maybe that'll work better...

Same here for Boston!  I don't think I was signed in still and thankful for the ability to pick seats because all they had were about 20 singles. We grabbed two, a row apart.  

The Pick You Own screen is still unavailable in NY

I'm relieved to have tickets, craptastic as they are, but I stand by all the TM criticism I leveled. 

Same here for the first Chicago show. After having two GAs in process yesterday morning, and then getting dropped by TM, was unable to get anything close to good. Also got locked out by TM. This morning, I decided to buy two, just in case I can't get something better during the public sale. Was NEVER asked for presale code once. Now have two nosebleed tickets. 

Ticketmaster sucks. And U2, you guys should know better by now. This feels all too familiar to the Elevation tour presale...

I am SO disappointed.  I saw them twice on the 360 tour and used the pre-sale to get tickets.  I'm a teacher and could not sit by my computer at noon because I still was teaching my 5th graders at that point.  By lunch I waited for what seemed at times like 10 minutes at a time and got the spinning wheel of death and then was offered tickets and then they were gone when I clicked to the next screen. :-(  So I tried again after school and only was offered 312 dollar tickets which I clearly can't afford.  What a major bust this was.  I will not have time Monday for the general pre-sale which will be more a circus than this was.  I paid $50 for nothing.  U2 needs to find a better way.

Edited by NDowns

The Pick You Own screen is still unavailable in NY

You're not going to see that for shows this popular. It would be complete chaos. That usually only kicks in once the initial demand spike goes down, or for shows where people just buy tickets over time and there is less of a surge when they first go on sale. When the map does show up for a popular show, it is an error AND even worse than what happened on Thursday. I had it happen once before. As you might expect, everyone wants to sit by the stage, so you select seats and then when you click BUY, it would tell you someone else already grabbed those seats try again... I quickly switched it manually to letting the system pick for me, and did well. But people who kept trying to pick had a horrible experience. ;-/

I'm impressed with all of you that even got to the point of having tickets assigned to you. Early EARLY this morning I logged in (iNNOCENCE member) to try to grab some tickets. It appeared that tickets to both Vancouver shows were gone. I had a feeling that this was not the case so I decided to log back in a few hours later and see what I could find. When I came back I was able to enter in my code and tell ticketmaster.ca the quantity that I wanted and what type of seat I want. Then, every time I hit enter, it would say 'searching for tickets' for five minutes. I the refreshed the page a few times and started over, but with the same result. Eventually, it still says searching for tickets, but it has taken me up to the point access time for the presale being closed :(

So, I still have two tabs (one for each show) spinning and spinning saying 'searching for tickets' and I can't refresh, log out and access again, use the app (read that tidbit of information too late), or anything. I'm just stuck here waiting for tickets to pop up, which at this point I'm sure won't. I've been buying tickets to concerts online for over 10 years. I hate buying tickets online, but it seems like it's the only way to somewhat guarantee you get the tickets you want. THIS EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN SO FRUSTRATING! This experience with Ticketmaster seems more similar to the first time I bought tickets online 10 years ago. With the sophistication of the internet these days, there seems to be NO REASON why we should all be having these problems! Ticketmaster has been exclusively selling tickets to big events for HOW long now? There is no reason why the site should crash or glitch out!!! I'm also disappointed at U2 selling their presale tickets through Ticketmaster. A lot of bands have started selling their fan club presale tickets themselves lately, it works a lot better. I'm a recent subscriber (it was an impulse decision a week ago because 1. I love this band and 2. didn't want to miss their show) but I hoped that U2 would take care of their members a little better. 

Also kicked out three times for NYC MSG. Finally had card charged, received confirmation email, but tickets not showing up in my orders page. What a joke. So I don't know if I have tickets or not, and will have to sort that out, possibly making me miss out on getting GA for other shows later.

I miss the Propaganda snail mail days.

Me too Jeff! Sent in my money got my amazing tickets boom done.

Also kicked out three times for NYC MSG. Finally had card charged, received confirmation email, but tickets not showing up in my orders page. What a joke. So I don't know if I have tickets or not, and will have to sort that out, possibly making me miss out on getting GA for other shows later.

I miss the Propaganda snail mail days.

Same thing happened to me. I called ticket master. Turns out that when i kept on trying to get tickets and getting kicked off,I actually had a double order. Ticket master was showing that my order was cancelled and had nothing in my cart. For some reason the valid order did not have my email attached to send a confirmation. Call them. Keep trying , you will get through. Your tickets are there. They won't get mailed out till after December 8th.

A bud got this email from TM today - anyone seen it before or know anything about it??

Ticket Delivery Delay

Hey live event fan,

Don't worry, your tickets are coming - whether you're printing, going mobile, getting them in the mail, or planning on in-store pickup! This temporary delivery delay just gives us time to run routine checks that ensure all fans get a fair shot at seats, like confirming every buyer is a fan and not a bot, making sure everyone sticks to the ticket limit, etc.

you guys must all be insaneeeeeeeeeee.  I like U2 to, but did you guys actually look at the ticket prices before you purchased them? $350 for RED ZONE. Is that a misprint. You could of bought a GA seat or nose bleed seat and gave  the money directly to a worth while cause.   I remember for the 360 tour I purchased RED ZONE for $180, yes $180 no misprint. Oh well to each their own. Enjoy

What is this world coming to when you have to spend this kingd of money for 2hrs of music.

Totally worth the price to be up close to the band without standing in line and having to fight your way through crowds in GA. I'm too old for that sh@t.

I totally agree that the RZ is worth the price!!  A portion of the ticket price DOES go to the RED campaign. Does anyone know what portion of the ticket price is tax deductible??

I just received an email from Ticketmaster CANCELLING my order of two tickets!!  It said I "exceeded ticket limit for presage code".  

Well, I only bought 2 tickets and only have one order # but when I checked my credit card statement, sure enough, I was charged TWICE for the same order.

Now, I have NO tickets.

I intend to call Ticketmaster at 9:00am tomorrow, but it'll be hell getting through.  Meanwhile, I bet my seats are now gone.

A bud got this email from TM today - anyone seen it before or know anything about it??

Ticket Delivery Delay

Hey live event fan,

Don't worry, your tickets are coming - whether you're printing, going mobile, getting them in the mail, or planning on in-store pickup! This temporary delivery delay just gives us time to run routine checks that ensure all fans get a fair shot at seats, like confirming every buyer is a fan and not a bot, making sure everyone sticks to the ticket limit, etc.

I have the same email also - the order stated the same when I placed it too

I'm not worried about it, it seems like a normal procedure

I just received an email from Ticketmaster CANCELLING my order of two tickets!!  It said I "exceeded ticket limit for presage code".  

Well, I only bought 2 tickets and only have one order # but when I checked my credit card statement, sure enough, I was charged TWICE for the same order.

Now, I have NO tickets.

I intend to call Ticketmaster at 9:00am tomorrow, but it'll be hell getting through.  Meanwhile, I bet my seats are now gone.

Please PM me

Sign in to follow this