Sign in to follow this  
HalfDragon

TicketMaster Problems (MERGED)

trying for tow hours and all failed, either server error or could not process

Check your email folks! I was having the same problems and gave up. I then checked my email and the tickets that I thought were lost during an page expiration were in my inbox.

Happy I got the tickets, but feel incredibly bad for those who didn't. This was a horrendous experience. 

I've gotten two types of error messages.

1. TAP returned an u known error

2. General U codes system error.

I've been at checkout when I got these messages. I have been at it for an hour and have not gotten any further than that. I know we are not guaranteed tickets but this is bull crap!!!

Add me to the group that is having nothing but trouble when trying to complete a purchase on Ticketmaster.

On a computer (Firefox browser, current version):

My Experience code gets "retry" messages numerous times before it gets accepted.  When it finally goes through, I usually get as far as seeing specific seats to buy.  But every time I hit Buy and try to make the purchase, the server crashes for one technical mumbo jumbo reason or another.

One time I got as far as the very last step of the process before I saw my final confirmation number.  (The checkout/order/complete page was processing.)  But of course, that failed too, and TM has no record of my order being completed.

I'm also trying the app on my iPad and iPhone.  Neither are working.  I keep getting Sign In Errors.  "The sign in server is unavailable. Please try again later."

EDIT: I finally had success using the app on my iPhone.  After repeated attempts, the app succeed in signing me into my account, and it was smooth sailing after that.
Now please excuse me while I go have a heart attack.

Edited by MikeUMA

Phone app was terrific.  It took me less than 5 minutes to download the app, insert my account info and get tickets for two shows in New York.  Can't recommend it enough.

Also when I click to buy the time runs out before it can be processed.

Took 30 min to get Boston tix.  Went from having great seats to just average seats.  At least 6 times the process was cut short due to Ticketmasters servers.  From captcha not working, screens timing out, code not working and getting error codes back.  Sorry for the people who did not get tickets or have crappy seats because of it.

same thing happened to me for the Boston show, so disappointed.

I have 3 screenshots of my red zone tickets and then it times out...ticketmaster...SUCKS!!!!!

U2 need to intervene.

I've been a member since the propoganda days and I'm not getting any tickets. Now my code won't even work. If U2 are checking out these forums please help us.

Jonathan

Me too.  Totally agree.

Me too which is exactly why I stopped renewing and will gamble on the onsale. It would be worth every $$ spent if I could get tickets same sh*t happened previously and also 2 tickets for the entire tour, it's BS!! They know their long time fans go to multiple shows so if they are going to charge for this crap there should be some real benefit. Of course their MGMT is LiveNation/TM so there is nothing anyone will do here to fix the problem(s)

FYI ... GA tix are still available. Experienced exact same problems as referenced above but the "phone app" seems to be working now.

HORRENDOUS issues with TM. Went online for Boston 7/10 right at 10am. Selected 2 redzone seats. Selected "buy now". had to enter a security code and was informed to not leave page/refresh page. Page went dark. Nothing happened for over an hour. Nothing went thru. It all crashed. 

Successive attempts to rebuy any other tickets have not worked as the TM site will not take my access code.

I tried the app. Was able to select tickets. When I go to buy the tickets, the app site will not allow me to use any of my stored credit cards, or save any new cc information so that I can pay for the tickets. I have lost GA tickets 3 times this way on the app.

I hope that U2 will honor my access code again/reactivate it so that I can make another legit attempt once TM gets their technical issues sorted.

Thank you.

Ouch. Still no tickets.  I have to keep re-entering the code, after about five times it works.  Then I find tickets, click "buy" and then I get this

Internal Server Error - Read

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Reference #3.cdee3e17.1417709667.23d058fe

*Edit - Installed and tried the app... no tix left at all in Chicago.  :(   How can it sell out in 23 minutes of just a fanclub presale??

Edited by YourBlueRoom

I was told by a friend it was because other pre-sales are going on (Foo Fighters) and web cant handle traffic.  :(

Hello I'm From Argentina! i want buy a GA ticket, pero i don`t know how find that option in ticketmaster....it doesn't show me GA in any choice!!

Search for Best Available, if there are GA, they will show up.

FINALLY got through after yelling many, many curse words that no mother of 5 should ever say. This mama bear is MAD!!!

And then they want me to take a "customer satisfaction" survey! What a joke. 

keep getting further now, but timed out sections continue to jam up, letting the timer run out :((

Wait  minute! I'm on the west coast and cannot even try to buy tickets until 10AM PST how is it that you guys are able to buy tickets already? WTF!

I had the same issue.  Had tickets - ticketmaster kicked me out - now I can't use my code (even though I haven't purchased any tickets yet)!!!

U2.COM please reset passcodes!!!

Use the phone app.  I was having all kinds of problems on website even telling me show was sold out.  Spent a full hour bouncing from the four various nights in nyc with no luck.  At 11am an hour later was able to get GA via the iphone app no hassle.

USE THE PHONE APP

I bet Guggi doesn't have this problems. Ever since they became a "Business" and the mega deal with Live Nation it has not been the same. Larry should be paying mor attention to these little problems......loyal legay fans ignored.

Folks, all this begs the question: since pre-sale is supposed to be a "membership" benefit, how can it be called a benefit if we don't actually get it??!!!!  No tix for me. No tix for a group of my friends who have been members for eons!

I had the same issue.  Had tickets - ticketmaster kicked me out - now I can't use my code (even though I haven't purchased any tickets yet)!!!

Keep trying the code, or close the browser and try again (or try a different browser), and it should eventually take it again.  I ultimately got the mobile app to work and got them through that.

Please try this - it has worked for some:

Log off U2.com and TM

clear cookies and cache

close the browser and wait a few seconds

reopen the browser

log on again

try again

also, there are reports that the mobile App has a better chance of success... please try it too...

Sign in to follow this