Sign in to follow this  
dugadams

Floor versus Red Zone

Can someone on the East coast tell me (out West) what the prices are for the floor GA versus Red Zone?  

Hi Guys out west - Quickly went for floor GA at MSG so didn't peruse too long but floor was $86, with the fees,  and it looks like RED was $280.  Per seating chart RED seems to be a particular section on the floor.  Also major tip, the website sucks and used my phone app.  If you can use your phone I would recommend it.  Good luck.

$280 actually isn't bad for Red Zone.  That is GA as well right?  Not seats?  It has been in the past.

Red Zone was great for stadium (did it three time) not sure of the benefit for arenas though? At three times GA price and right around the same price for lower bowl tickets I don't see the benefit beyond a little preferential treatment before the show...and of course the donation to the RED campaign 

Well I was actually thinking it might be better for my kids as there is more room in the Red Zone areas to breathe.

Well I was actually thinking it might be better for my kids as there is more room in the Red Zone areas to breathe.

You can manuever to the edge of the crowd for GA's ....planning on getting GA's for the second show with my kids but they are a little older and both taller for girls (6'0 and 5'8)

...not sure of the benefit for arenas though? At three times GA price and right around the same price for lower bowl tickets I don't see the benefit beyond a little preferential treatment before the show...

I got it for MSG because I didn't want to queue up to get on the rails, and even though the stage runs the whole floor, I've never been close to the actual band before, but usually out on the walkways, so I figured for once I'd like to see the others guys up close, as well, and I also like the idea of just showing up on time for the concert and knowing I can walk right into a great spot.

I dont know where you guys get your information from, but you cant just show up on time and get on the rail for the red zone.  You show up on time and you will be in the back of the red zone, which will be about 30 rows, and if you are not 7 feet tall you are better off saving your money and getting ga seats.  But hay go for it and spend 350.  Lets see 350 85 350 85 350 85.  I think 85.

We had 360 Anaheim1 Red Zone and regardless of how close you are, the experience is amazing:  spacious, easy in and out  for the bathroom and a bar 20 ft from where we were standing all while the band flys by 10 feet away (or less for ie)  The big benefit is the extra $$$ helps bridge the gap between the fanatic that would stand in line all day for decent GA position and say, your wife, who likes the band a lot, but not so much to abandon her kids all day to stand all night.  

As I type this, I realize that Red Zone could actually be priceless (just glad TM doesn't think so). 

Just bought 2 GA tickets for Montreal.   $86 each with fees. 

Is there a Red Zone in Montreal?

Red Zone is good if you are looking for space, but on the floor and you can move in and out of GA.  So you can always get in early, to front of stage and once it get's to unbearable you can always move to the Red Zone and move freely, great if you have kids  or can't stand the congestion.

The benefits to red zone my view you help fund a very worthy cause and you get a souvenir ticket ;0)

Doesnt matter if youre GA red zone seated or wherever youll have a fab time. Done front rail a few times but one of the best shows was in the middle right at the back fab☺

Edited by joshthetree

With GA being around $90 and Red Zone around $350, while price can be a big factor for more, with U2 touring about once every five years its about a $250 price difference and worth it. Not having to fight all the crowds and with Red Zone being much smaller in size than the last tour, and it appears being placed next to the "B" stage, I think those who got Red Zone tickets for the upcoming tour are going to be very happy.

We had RZ Chicago 360.  We thought it was nice to show up later to the venue but get let at the same time with a shorter line.  We left the RZ area, horrible off the the side view, and just got on front rail off center.  I never saw the value except not camping out all day, which has some value when you save babysitting hours.  So there was some worth.  But like the above post says 350 85 250 85, I am 85 every time.

Saving time (re waiting in line) is the big thing, plus the option of staying in the RZ for more comfort, convenience, etc.  For stadiums (e.g., 360) , the RZ actually didn't save much time--to my surprise, you could get there at 5 or even sometimes 6 in regular GA and still get into the ellipse.  For arenas, the time-saving aspect could be truly major.

Sign in to follow this