Sign in to follow this  
pao6cs

Message to Bigwave - Presale Debacle - for all U2 Fans

This is an open message to Bigwave and hopefully to U2.  There have been a number of problems with the pre-sale for Experience members (many, like myself, from the Propaganda days).  Our issues are:

- Presale codes that did not work

- Tickets queued on Ticketmaster, then being thrown off

- Not enough tickets available for the group

- A 2 ticket limit (when in the past it was 4)

U2 Fan Club members are told that they have access to tickets before the General Public.  That has not happened this time for you Experience members.  I would like to let you and the band know how dissatisfied I am and would appreciate the band taking some corrective action for this group prior to the sale to the General Public.

Anyone who agrees, please add a post.

I got one ticket for Montreal (evenko.ca and not TICKETMASTER) within one minute. I have been trying to buy another ticket for Boston (with TICKETMASTER) for almost one hour without success. I had tons of different error messages including wrong password, queue, internal error. Someone suces....either U2.com or Ticketmaster.

BOTH MY WIFE AND I CANNOT COMPLETE OUR PURCHASES. WE BOTH HAD TICKETS, HAD TICKETMASTER TIME OUT AND NOW IT WILL NOT TAKE OUR CODES

This is like Vertigo all over again

Makes me long for the good ole days of filling out the paper Propaganda ticket request form and waiting to find out what tickets you got.  That said, I was able, after quite a bit of frustration, to snag 2 GA's for 3rd NYC show.

I had no problem with the Paris tickets I got this morning, but I still think it's a pity we only got 2 tickets in presale. My sister wanted to come along too and now we'll just have to gamble to get into Antwerp in public sale on monday to be able to go the 4 of us together.

Edited by jojes

the problem seems to be with US Ticketmaster, be assured they know about it. 

Keep trying. Just got mine ton ticketmaster.com after one hour and many issues. I needed one minute to buy one ticket for Montreal on evenko.ca.

Have had tickets now 8 different times, and each time click on buy and the ticketmaster site has an error. Never had these type of problems before. I am so upset. The first tickets they gave me were at 10:00:31 am... Now can't pull a thing. The site just spins. I have been a fan club member since 2004, and a fan since 1982... Very disappointed!

...and Canada.

Bigwave,

It's not directed at you but I hope U2 can make this right like they did first round of Vertigo.

Give us a shot at added shows.

Seond, sorry for the all caps, I hit send before I saw it.

Bigwave, great.  How does that help if the tix are gone?  Did enough GA go on sale? 

The problem is always with US Ticketmaster, they are always horrendously awful...last several purchases had to end up calling for tix, anyone know if we can do presale by phone?

Also, I'm going for NYC.

I've tried all 4 shows and I cannot pull tickets at all.

I had a pair early and my wife did and now our codes will not work

The real issue here is that these appear to be the same problems seen with Ticketmaster for every tour since the beginning of online ordering.  They may know about it, but they obviously don't care. What we, the fans, would like to see is a band like U2 demand better service for their fans from Ticketmaster.

I'm in the same boat, have been trying for Boston tickets for 1 hour and 15 minutes, have "had" tickets a few times - a red zone!  A first row Loge seat!! - and then got booted out, error code with all of them.  sometimes my presale code works and sometimes it doesn't, keep getting stuck in "searching for tickets" for inevitable waits.  This is a little frustrating. I know it's not U2's fault but Ticketmaster, come on!!

JCF, U2 has some responsibility.  Their team is part of the negotiations for the pre-sale.  They need to be accountable for these problems for their fan club members.

How is it that us on the west coast cant even buy tickets until 10AM PST?

For a few minutes TM had the "Use the Map" option available for the Toronto shows. I can say that there were still loads of tickets available in the $298 range - really, really good ones. I didn't have a chance to check out the 300 level for price or availability.

My pre-sale code wouldn't work like a lot of other people. I am going to be optimistic and hope to get tickets when they go on sale to the general public, but I am disappointed that after being a subscriber for 10+ years that I can't purchase pre-sale tickets despite having code issued by u2.com. I understand technology and that sometimes things happen, but these are big companies that should have their stuff together by now. It isn't like this is the first time a pre-sale has been done before.

Just had 2 GA Tix to Boston 2...again not able to complete the transaction...

try the TM mobile app.  Worked for me finally and got to GA for Thurs. Chicago.  TM on the web just spinned it's wheels once it actually accepted my code.

So unhappy with this pre-sale.  Ticketmaster is just lousy. 

Why did U2 eliminate the priority for long-time fans????

My pre-sale code wouldn't work like a lot of other people. I am going to be optimistic and hope to get tickets when they go on sale to the general public, but I am disappointed that after being a subscriber for 10+ years that I can't purchase pre-sale tickets despite having code issued by u2.com. I understand technology and that sometimes things happen, but these are big companies that should have their stuff together by now. It isn't like this is the first time a pre-sale has been done before.

just checking, you are in the eXPERIENCE group yes? (Code should begin with U215A)

Sign in to follow this