Sign in to follow this  
pao6cs

Message to Bigwave - Presale Debacle - for all U2 Fans

i keep spinning saying Working dont refresh,  i have a confirmation e-mail for tickets but it has a IMPORTANT ALERT..  not saying much... did i get them or not?

i cant afford to try again and spen another 600.00  wtf,  thos is ridiculous

Finally got GA tix for NY. It worked best if I started over from the U2.com pre-sale link rather than Ticketmaster's horrible website.

try the TM mobile app.  Worked for me finally and got to GA for Thurs. Chicago.  TM on the web just spinned it's wheels once it actually accepted my code.

cth71, Thank you for the advice.  Mobile App Worked!  ...and fast.  2 GA Tix to Boston 1.  Computer still does not work...

Very frustrating, but finally got through and could still by GA tickets for Chicago.

nickg

It took me an hour and over a dozen failed attempts because of Ticketmaster errors before I finally got 2 tix for Boston on June 10. I had front row of loge section near red zone but those tix disappeared. I put my code in so many times that it was rejected. I had to clear cache and cookies and restart internet service. Also when I finally got through to the payment page for the 2nd time, it timed out and I thought I lost tix. I did receive an email saying order went through and saw card was charged but can't see tix yet because of high volume. I am one that doesn't believe it until I see it, so i may not have tix and don't even know it.

I agree with the frustration and even though i'm 50% sure I have tix I too am frustrated. I have been a paying member for years and it is only every three years or so we get the benefit of a show in our area and access to presale tix. I hope U2 and there management team realize how important this fan base is to them and make ammends to the eXPERIENCE group.

Got 2 tickets to MSG fist night without any problems or delays. Wish I could buy 2 more tickets for the next night. 

I too had problems  with Ticketmaster...  but I was able to get through and get my 2 GA tickets to the 6/25 Chicago show!  But not without problems...

First, I got into Ticketmaster when the presale opened.  I tried to paste my code in three times and it kept coming back invalid.  The fourth time I typed it by hand, again still invalid.  The fifth time, I selected "paste as text" and Eureka! I was in.  

I quickly selected 2 GA tix (and was already logged into the Ticketmaster site). I was presented with the security phrase to enter, which I tried three times before it took.  I was then presented with the floor plan screen (interesting stage set-up BTW) and the spinning circles...  You have 3 minutes to wait...  2 minutes to wait... and I got to less than 1 minute to wait and... NOTHING.  I watched those damn spinning circles for over ten minutes because I did not "want to lose my place in line".

After those 10 minutes I grabbed my iPhone and opened the Ticketmaster App.  Went to the event, entered my pre-sale code, selected GA seats, they came up, I hit purchase and SUCCESS!  Less than 2 minutes total using the app! 

The only thing that disappoints me is that the only delivery method available was credit card swipe at the event, which means I won;t have hard tickets to add to my U2 ticket collection.

I finally had success after 1 hour, 50 minutes of nonstop trying on the TM website. Got the tip from this thread to enter through the U2.com presale button rather than directly through TM and that seemed to have made a difference.  2 Red Zone Boston on Friday.  I had every other trouble that all are reporting, many times over, before i finally got through.

Good luck to all. Seems like going through the u2.com site is better.

Makes me long for the good ole days of filling out the paper Propaganda ticket request form and waiting to find out what tickets you got.  That said, I was able, after quite a bit of frustration, to snag 2 GA's for 3rd NYC show.

So....you got what you wanted yet are still complaining?  OK.

KEEP TRYING PEOPLE.  MINE DID NOT WORK.  BROWSER GOT HUNG UP.  55 MINUTES INTO THE PRESALE VERY GOOD SEATS CAME UP.  I REJECTED THEM.  I KEPT TRYING.  I CLOSED OUT THE BROWSER, DELETED MY CACHE AND ONE HOUR INTO THE PRESALE I JUST GOT TWO GAs.  YOU NEVER KNOW.  THESE THINGS DO NOT WORK AS WE THINK THEY DO.  THEY MIGHT BE STAGGERING.  KEEP TRYING.  

My pre-sale code wouldn't work like a lot of other people. I am going to be optimistic and hope to get tickets when they go on sale to the general public, but I am disappointed that after being a subscriber for 10+ years that I can't purchase pre-sale tickets despite having code issued by u2.com. I understand technology and that sometimes things happen, but these are big companies that should have their stuff together by now. It isn't like this is the first time a pre-sale has been done before.

just checking, you are in the eXPERIENCE group yes? (Code should begin with U215A)I 

I had to enter my code a number of times, close browser, clear cache and got two GAs for Chicago almost an hour into the presale.

Pardon the repetition.  I am going to the ER for U2 valium drip now.

Horrible! I've been in the Fan Club for ~10 years. I maintain my membership partly for presale opportunities. I have such a sour taste in my mouth. TicketMaster takes most of the blame, but I blame you for not confirming that TM can handle the volume. Took me 95 minutes, and I had to settle on GA admission. I wanted to purchase more expensive packages, but the website would not let me. Subsequent to my purchase, I hear that TM is working on the problem. Well f-ing great! Too late. I blew my measley 2-ticket GA load already. I guess we are just cattle. 

Problems with Ticketmaster are long-standing and endemic. Any big ticket sale sends their servers into a tailspin. U2 presale is no different than a Springsteen concert sale or any other major event. TM simply doesn't care to fix the problems because they don't have to. They have very long-term exclusive distribution agreements with the major venues - like Madison Square Garden. If U2 wants to play MSG, they must distribute the tickets via TM. TM will make its money regardless of how long it takes to get tickets to the end users. Having a lousy server doesn't cost them anything - the shows will sell out and they will make their money. They have no incentive to fix anything because upgrading their systems means they actually have to spend money without increasing their revenue

This is a problem with dealing with a monopoly. The band and their agents very little influence over the situation. They can beg and plead "please fix this, our fans are upset", but TM can (and does) simply shrug their shoulders and say "so go find another venue and by the way, we control distribution at every top level venue in the US, so good luck with that."

I am really feeling for you guys in the US. This just shouldn't happen, why can't the systems handle it. Fortunately I didn't have to use Ticketmaster in the UK.  Good luck to you all

Is it just me, or would it have made more sense to have these presale start times spread out through the day?  Like a different pre-sale starting up every 1.5 or 2 hours just to spread out the numbers of people trying to use the system?

Is it just me, or would it have made more sense to have these presale start times spread out through the day?  Like a different pre-sale starting up every 1.5 or 2 hours just to spread out the numbers of people trying to use the system?

This is a great idea. It begs the question why the ticketing experts didn't think of this themselves!

I just had success in purchasing two tickets for the first Phoenix show but I do feel disappointed in that I am limited to buying tickets to just a single show. I am flying across the continent -from Halifax Canada to Phoenix- and would have really appreciated being able to buy tickets to both shows in Phoenix. I know I can still take my chances next week with the general public ticket sale but I don't think a couple of pre-sale tickets for both nights is an unreasonable thing to expect.

I understand the fear of scalping and the ticket limitations of playing arenas vs. stadiums, however, I, like so many others, feel that after spending thousands and thousands of dollars on U2 over the years, the opportunity for a few extra pre-sale tickets would have been nice.

I am also disappointed in the short notice and lack of details in relation to this tour and the ticket sales. It's fine that our pre-sale codes arrived slowly but what I would of liked to have known, is:

1) Better details about the stage, its position and a high resolution image/map of how it will be laid out. This is extremely important to a buyer when they are spending $200 to $800 on tickets. The stage appears rectangular but there are some indications that there WILL BE an actual "end platform/main platform" to the stage. If this is the case, my tickets might be at the opposite end of the arena - obviously NOT what I would have opted to purchase if I had known the setup.

2) The Dublin concert dates (even a rough time frame)

3) If there will be another tour-leg in 2016. Are they coming back to North America? Many cities have been overlooked. Will they tour Latin America, Australia, etc.? If so, I'd happily overlook the current 2-ticket limitation in favour of saving my money and taking in a foreign U2 concert 2016.

I am still glad, though, that I was able to take advantage of the pre-sale. I appreciate that this is offered to fan club members. I also appreciate the tiered pre-sale access as a way to show appreciation for long-time fan club members. "Thank you" for these things and a "no-thank you" to the other points I've expressed above.

Edited by esperago

I was put into the iNNOCENCE group when I've been a member since 2009.  I'm devastated! 

ummm..it sort of is, though?   You can't get Boston tickets till 10am EST, Chicago at 10am CST, Phoenix 10am MST, and LA 10am PST.   I think it is just that TM has crappy infrastructure to handle popular events. 

The problem is always with US Ticketmaster, they are always horrendously awful...last several purchases had to end up calling for tix, anyone know if we can do presale by phone?

No, tried that recorded voice that says "this is an online purchase event only" 

the problem seems to be with US Ticketmaster, be assured they know about it. 

Thanks!!!  And thanks for all your patience dealing with all our first world problems ;)   I'm sure they are also hearing it from everyone who is filling out surveys.   But, like another said, they have the monopoly on major venues and they don't really have to change.    Took a while but I got my tickets... know I can sit back and send positive vibes to those trying to get theirs.  Keep at it, don't give up. 

I just had success in purchasing two tickets for the first Phoenix show but I do feel disappointed in that I am limited to buying tickets to just a single show. I am flying across the continent -from Halifax Canada to Phoenix- and would have really appreciated being able to buy tickets to both shows in Phoenix. I know I can still take my chances next week with the general public ticket sale but I don't think a couple of pre-sale tickets for both nights is an unreasonable thing to expect.

I understand the fear of scalping and the ticket limitations of playing arenas vs. stadiums, however, I, like so many others, feel that after spending thousands and thousands of dollars on U2 over the years, the opportunity for a few extra pre-sale tickets would have been nice.

I am also disappointed in the short notice and lack of details in relation to this tour and the ticket sales. It's fine that our pre-sale codes arrived slowly but what I would of liked to have known, is:

1) Better details about the stage, its position and a high resolution image/map of how it will be laid out. This is extremely important to a buyer when they are spending $200 to $800 on tickets. The stage appears rectangular but there are some indications that there WILL BE an actual "end platform/main platform" to the stage. If this is the case, my tickets might be at the opposite end of the arena - obviously NOT what I would have opted to purchase if I had known the setup.

2) The Dublin concert dates (even a rough time frame)

3) If there will be another tour-leg in 2016. Are they coming back to North America? Many cities have been overlooked. Will they tour Latin America, Australia, etc.? If so, I'd happily overlook the current 2-ticket limitation in favour of saving my money and taking in a foreign U2 concert 2016.

I am still glad, though, that I was able to take advantage of the pre-sale. I appreciate that this is offered to fan club members. I also appreciate the tiered pre-sale access as a way to show appreciation for long-time fan club members. "Thank you" for these things and a "no-thank you" to the other points I've expressed above.

If you're coming to Phoenix, you should be able to buy tickets for the second show during the regular sale without much trouble. Phoenix is a very strange concert market. There hasn't been much noise made about U2 coming here except for a mention on the local  news. I don't think people here locally know that Phoenix is one of only six US dates.

Jason

There are no GA for Vancouver at 10am

Sigma957, wait a bit or try the TM App on your phone.  It me 1.5 hrs to get GA tix to Boston 1, but they were available.  I was never able to get through on my computer, but cruised through in less than 5 mins on my phone.

Sign in to follow this