Sign in to follow this  
pao6cs

Message to Bigwave - Presale Debacle - for all U2 Fans

A lot of the problem may be the postponement in the tour announcement.  Being on hold for 2 weeks to see when Bono can go on tour had to have thrown plans into an eggbeater.

I don't know that the band has definite plans for the style of each night.  Had they said for example, "we'll do acoustic on night 1 and electric on night 2," they might reverse it or throw out the plan entirely if early audiences aren't impressed.

I did not get any tickets at the cheaper prices! I don't know about anyone else here but I can't afford over $300 for one ticket in the nose bleed seats! I can't believe how bad this ticket buying experience was today! This takes me back to the days of calling up Ticketmaster, and being on hold forever, getting disconnected, lines busy all day long! I am beyond pissed off. I am going to try with tomorrow's presale, but I really shoudn't have to do that because I am in the eperience member and should have been able to get the GA tickets or spend no more that the $87 for the next level, not over $300!    

I was put into the iNNOCENCE group when I've been a member since 2009. I'm devastated!

And somewhere in another thread I noticed someone saying he/she only joined today and already has been able to get tickets to a show ... ???

to balance things out....glad to report that there were zero problems with the uk presale this morning.

My Paris confirmation was already in the mail 10 minutes after the presale started ... so I'm not complaining ;-)

But I really feel sorry for all of you having so manu problems getting the tickets you want ... So good luck and don't give up!

Edited by jojes

I got two GAs for Chicago but it took multiple times.  Thanks to U2.com which posted on here to update ticketmaster accounts.  I had problems but after an hour got my GAs.  I presume other people were signed into their accounts when they bought tickets as well?  I'm wondering inf they were not; if this could have been part of the issue.  I kept closing my browser, clearing cache and restarting.  When that circle says less than a minute it should be less than a minute unless the time goes up.  If it says less than a minute and it's been five, it's time to restart.  This is just my opinion.

I do wish we had been given four tickets.  Had we been given four tickets do you think as many of us would have a happy outcome despite TM and it's inability to get its act together?  If people were buying four at once I wonder if the whole USA presale might not have been an even bigger fiasco.  My hopes are that they give us another code as time progresses.

I'm really sorry for all the people who did not get their tickets and especially sorry for those who could not afford $300 for seats and did not get GAs.  That's not right but how do they right it?  I'm asking, not being sarcastic.

Sorry - replied before you replied if it makes sense. He's just a top bloke, so get loyal and defensive easily.

I'd email the guys on the bottom of the tour page and the general U2.com email for contact us and CC both in.

Maybe also - ironically - ask Bigwave if he knows anywhere better or if he can keep a log of all those wanting to complain.

Maybe a thread? For people to write their good and bad tour feedback the mods can send on all in one go so it has more heft?

Just thinking out loud!

Mike, thanks for the post and the advice.

I'd like to say a big thank you to BigWave, Baja and all the moderators for their help and patience over the last few days both on this forum and Twitter. I'll admit that I was one of the many on Twitter asking about the ticket limit even though everything was clear in the FAQ so thanks for bearing with us. I would have loved the chance to buy two tickets to a pair of shows but c'est la vie.

As for the presale issues, I had a feeling there would be trouble when I tried logging onto Ticketmaster last night and it would not let me add a credit card to my account. This was particularly worrisome when, at the moment I finally got to the third screen to make the purchase, Ticketmaster chose that moment to "verify" the card I already had on my account. Why didn't they verify my card the previous times I used it to make purchases?!? Grrrr! That 3 minute countdown clock started to look pretty ominous after a minute or two. Like others mentioned, I couldn't get GA tickets and eventually "settled" for reserved seats but that's not to say I'm not satisfied with the result - I'm very happy and excited I got tickets. It sucks that U2 is trying to do right by their fans but is hamstrung with Tickemaster's inadequacies.

Best of luck to all who will be a part of the Innocence presale tomorrow!

was on my comp at 10:00 am trying to buy tickets without much success...then got lucky for the sunday show at 1:30 pm...i agreed..."like vertigo days" also i couln't use the code after that.

I had trouble with ticketmaster.com throughout the morning,  so then logged out and went to ticketmaster.ca (canada) and was able to purchase my tickets without any problem. Just FYI if anyone is still trying. 

It sounds like I'm very lucky. I bought a Red Zone ticket at exactly 10 am for the opening night in Vancouver and a front-row balcony seat for the second night, exactly what I wanted (still in shock), and the transaction was smooth sailing. No problems of any kind. For those who are saying you can't buy a ticket for both nights, that's not true. You can buy one for each. As far as the problems everyone has been having, that's Tickbastard's fault. Also, I went through the presale link on U2.com rather than going straight to the Ticketbastard website. Maybe that helped. Also, be sure to make a Ticketbastard account so you're all ready to go.

Is it just me, or would it have made more sense to have these presale start times spread out through the day?  Like a different pre-sale starting up every 1.5 or 2 hours just to spread out the numbers of people trying to use the system?

This is a great idea. It begs the question why the ticketing experts didn't think of this themselves!

Because the people who tend to think of these amazing things are usually marketing people, not tech people... The tech people usually go "....."

Exactly!

Sorry - replied before you replied if it makes sense. He's just a top bloke, so get loyal and defensive easily.

I'd email the guys on the bottom of the tour page and the general U2.com email for contact us and CC both in.

Maybe also - ironically - ask Bigwave if he knows anywhere better or if he can keep a log of all those wanting to complain.

Maybe a thread? For people to write their good and bad tour feedback the mods can send on all in one go so it has more heft?

Just thinking out loud!

No probs - you get some in the end?

I already emailed BW about this but I wanted to let you know here--I logged onto TM for the Paris show at 9:20 (Paris time) just to see what would happen and I was actually able to buy tickets. I wanted to buy Red Zones but they were sold out already. So I finally got GA's, which is fine. 

BUT

How come the presale started before 10 am? One member told me yesterday that he could buy his tickets for Stockholm, even though he was in the INNOCENCE group like me, and now maybe people were able to log on even before 9 am, which is not fair. I guess TM is to blame, again. 

Now, I know I got tickets so I shouldn't complain, but still... ;)

Edited by lionwehr240579

i got New York Ga's no problem.

it was hard at first til i figured out you have to select the presale option then put n code before selecting number of tickets. and it gave less than  minutes before time if nothing was chosen or purchased as the case may be.

Just thinking out loud!

No probs - you get some in the end?

Yes, 2 GA Boston Night 1. Used the mobile app and had them in 5 min...

mine never even got that far!  This was a total debacle!  I will be so crushed if I cannot get tickets on monday  I start a new job monday at 8:30am too! UGH!

don't worry you'll be able to buy some off all the scalpers on eBay (even Pre-Sale RED ZONE tickets) for a few thousand bucks per ticket...

let me guess - you wanted Pre-Sale tickets

Pardon the repetition.  I am going to the ER for U2 valium drip now.

I know it can be stressful trying to get U2 tickets, but as someone who needs medication to function in public (I have ptsd)

I find your post a bit over the top, maybe my sense of humour is not what it used to be.

Sign in to follow this