Sign in to follow this  
jcarey72

Credit card entry question - GA Chicago

I got 2 GA tix for Chicago, June 25, finally, but i realized it's credit card entry which i'm not familiar with.

If I had got them using my wife's cc, does she have to go too ?

Was there a way that you can "get the tix for a friend" where i could've used her cc and she didn't have to go ?

i ended up using my own debit visa card, but i was just wondering.  Hope i don't lose my card before then...

How is the cc entry going to work out with the GA line ?  they going to take time to scan everyone's cc as they walk in for GA ???  that's seems crazy...

thanks.

Edited by jcarey72

I have GA for the same show.  From what it sounds like, scan your CC and have your pic ID, otherwise no entry.  I doubt you could transfer them to someone else, or show up with someone elses CC and get in.

i could've swore i saw something on ticketmaster's site about "getting tickets for a friend" or something like that.  Maybe it's for other venues...

Curious to see how the GA entry will work.  I'm guessing they scan and check cc's early on, then we'll wait in another line until they let us in...

Enjoy the show!!!

In my experience, they don't look at your ID, but you never know what'll actually happen. They usually swipe the card at the entrance.

SO what about all the people that loose CC can't go and want to sell.  That system does not work.  Period.  Maybe 10% of the house will have issues want to sell can't go give to friend.  What is the way out of this?  It makes no sense.

SO what about all the people that loose CC can't go and want to sell.  That system does not work.  Period.  Maybe 10% of the house will have issues want to sell can't go give to friend.  What is the way out of this?  It makes no sense.

best contact them to be safe, there should be a way

I got 2 GA tix for Chicago, June 25, finally, but i realized it's credit card entry which i'm not familiar with.

Was there a way that you can "get the tix for a friend" where i could've used her cc and she didn't have to go ?

i ended up using my own debit visa card, but i was just wondering.  Hope i don't lose my card before then...

How is the cc entry going to work out with the GA line ?  they going to take time to scan everyone's cc as they walk in for GA ???  that's seems crazy...

thanks.

There is lots of FAQs on CC entry and exceptions at the ticketmaster website.  The biggest issue is the extra logistics at the gate, it goes something like this:

Person is asked for their CC, person questions why they need their CC, person get answer, person begins searching for card, person stops focusing on finding card and begins talking to friends about how ridiculous this is because they are embarrassed its taking extra time and want to deflect responsibility to someone else, then they finally find card and begin to belittle the usher just doing their job, then the card is finally scanned and returned to person.  Person now takes another 20 seconds to return card to its storage spot. Person then questions what are these slips of paper the usher is trying to hand to them. Then person takes 60 seconds trying to figure out who to hand the different slips to have to right seating arrangement and contemplates last 15 years of their lives and interactions to make the decision. Person then take a few last shots at the usher and the group moves in.  The usher finally gets to say 'Next Please!'

Its not clear if GA is using CC entry or not, there seems to be inconsistent signage.

Edited by finz_89

We'll wait closer to the time to see what is going on. My big brother actually had to use my mums CC to pay for his GA tickets. As long as he brings the original CC used and her I.D with a slip of paper authorising the use of her card it should be fine ? The timing of these tickets going on sale is crazy. If they wait until New Year he would have been able to pay for them with his own card

i ended up using my own debit visa card, but i was just wondering. Hope i don't lose my card before then...

How is the cc entry going to work out with the GA line ? they going to take time to scan everyone's cc as they walk in for GA ??? that's seems crazy...

thanks.

There is lots of FAQs on CC entry and exceptions at the ticketmaster website. The biggest issue is the extra logistics at the gate, it goes something like this:

Person is asked for their CC, person questions why they need their CC, person get answer, person begins searching for card, person stops focusing on finding card and begins talking to friends about how ridiculous this is because they are embarrassed its taking extra time and want to deflect responsibility to someone else, then they finally find card and begin to belittle the usher just doing their job, then the card is finally scanned and returned to person. Person now takes another 20 seconds to return card to its storage spot. Person then questions what are these slips of paper the usher is trying to hand to them. Then person takes 60 seconds trying to figure out who to hand the different slips to have to right seating arrangement and contemplates last 15 years of their lives and interactions to make the decision. Person then take a few last shots at the usher and the group moves in. The usher finally gets to say 'Next Please!'

Its not clear if GA is using CC entry or not, there seems to be inconsistent signage.

LOL! We use paperless for hockey games and that is the most accurate statement of entry I've seen yet!

As of right now, none of the CCE venues have asked for identification...that doesn't mean Chicago won't but the current trend is they won't. Which is what I'm counting on because my husband got two tickets for my friend and me so I'm just going to bring his card, swipe, and hope they don't check IDs.

As long as your husband is an authorized user of the credit card used for purchase, you can use it to get in.

You must be an authorized user as well.

Lost Card: had this experience somewhere else. Don't get in line. Go straight to Box Office. Bring printed receipt for back up but in my case they did accept the receipt I brought up on my phone. They will verify ID and then issue hard tickets.

Can't Go: TM allows ticket transfer and even sale through their system. That may not apply to all but I would check anyway. Simple process.

Sign in to follow this