Sign in to follow this  
buceoman

Trades Possible with GA's?

I want to trade my GA's for seats but is this not possible because of the paperless/credit card ID ticketing system?

doing such a trade would require both parties to enter the venue with their own ticket orders (at least the named parties) then swap seats/vouchers once inside.  So its possible as long as both parties are friendly.

I want to trade my GA's for seats but is this not possible because of the paperless/credit card ID ticketing system?

Are you sure they aren't transferable?..I read that for some locations, you can you utilize Ticketmaster transfer.  It would be indicated on your TM account page if allowed.  Frustrating speculating on all of this until I get to do it tomorrow.

Not much use if you want to queue for the pit. Also if the purchaser is sick and can't attend the whole party has to stay home.BS

doing such a trade would require both parties to enter the venue with their own ticket orders (at least the named parties) then swap seats/vouchers once inside.  So its possible as long as both parties are friendly.

GA often has a separate entrance and would be wristbanded as soon as they get in the door. Depends on the venue, though. 

i hope both parties are planning to camp all day for GA entrance, otherwise you will have tons of people cutting lines saying they needed to enter with their credit card holder who bought the tix.

could be a nightmare for long time line waiters.

yeah this whole CC entry thing is total crap.  What about you don't want to go, what then?

It's awesome! Something needs to be done to stop scalpers. PERIOD. If you can't attend you should only be allowed to refund them....this prevents scalping.

In the panic of today's 2 hour debacle, I selected the first Boston show instead of the second.  I'm very happy with what I have (2 GA's), but is it even possible to trade day 1 for day 2?

It's awesome! Something needs to be done to stop scalpers. PERIOD. If you can't attend you should only be allowed to refund them....this prevents scalping.

You can't return them.  So your best reason just got crushed.  Try again, why is this insaneness good?

The Transfer ticket option is there to prevent the problem of both parties being unable to show up. It looks like you can transfer ownership of your tickets to someone else so only they would have to show and not you who no longer plan to attend.

Still haven't seen a solid answer on this - when i click "transfer tickets" in ticketmaster it says:

Sorry, Ticket Transfer is currently unavailable.
The artist, team, or venue may not offer it for this event or it could be temporarily delayed.
Please try again later or contact Fan Support for more info

So what happens if I can't attend - I get screwed??? That is ridiculous.

I would like to trade tickets, not scalp

So far, trades are not possible w/GA.  Bigwave is working on coming up with some way to do this, and appears confident that some method will be figured out.

Who or what is Bigwave?

Sorry, he's one of the moderators (along with Max and Bajagirl) of these forums.

Who or what is Bigwave?

Love it

Be scared, be very scared!!!!!!!!

This has got to be the post of the year

Sorry Bigwave

So someone who has not been on these boards for probably three plus years not knowing the name of a mod is your "post of the year"? Guess I haven't missed much.

Indeed, Who or What is Bigwave? haha

Edited by Lemonhead

Good point, i like the fact they will be difficult to sell on (even though there's hundreds on resale sites), but that should mean if you can't go then you should be able to get you're money back which you can't right now. Sucks if you're ill and you can't go and everyone else can't either!

People lose jobs, get transfered, get sick, lose a loved one....  100's of reasons can prevent someone from attending an event, even last minute (car breaks down/flight cancelled).   I would love to be able to trade dates.  What happens if this tour is delayed because of Bono's injuries, and I already put in for my weeks vacation for the year???? Guess I am going to the beach and eating my $575 in tickets when they reschedule my dates.  Dumbest thing ever.

People lose jobs, get transfered, get sick, lose a loved one....  100's of reasons can prevent someone from attending an event, even last minute (car breaks down/flight cancelled).   I would love to be able to trade dates.  What happens if this tour is delayed because of Bono's injuries, and I already put in for my weeks vacation for the year???? Guess I am going to the beach and eating my $575 in tickets when they reschedule my dates.  Dumbest thing ever.

Remember, this just applies to GA/RZ.  Only reason I mention this is you mention $575, which sounds like reserved seats.  No issues w/trading those or selling them or whatever.

How can general admission not be re-sold or traded? I already see GA on sale on stub hub for $1,500 a ticket....

yes. what needs to happen is U2.com needs to create a swapping section by membership only. First this will allow more paid subscribers to the site $$$. AND, it will keep the scalpers and such away becuase only known addressable IDs can participate, so they can track every transaction adn make sure no scalpers get in there and rob people.

j

my Ticketmaster account has a Button that allows me to Transfer tickets. 

If you are interested, let me know. And we can give it a try.

darrenglick@gmail.com

917-270-3166

Darren

Sign in to follow this