Sign in to follow this  
bedoe69

GA entry proceedure

I know its early but do you think that there will be ANY consideration for Experience ticket holders? Sure would be nice after all these years of being a U2.com member. Thoughts?

No.

You've had the chance to get tickets which many will not and that's it, end of privileges. Once tickets are out. It's each to his own and that's fair.

This will be my first time to the GA floor. What are the general entry procedures?

every man for himself once the gates open....but last tour we all got a number in line so we could go eat and to the bathroom without loosing our place...it was pretty civilized and one of the best days of my life...sitting around for 8 hours with fellow u2 fans talking about u2 non-stop!  

I know its early but do you think that there will be ANY consideration for Experience ticket holders?

absolutely zero chance. if you want to get to the front, i'll see you in the q at 7am show day :P

As small as these venues are this tour and the way the stage is presented to us at this time, anywhere on the floor will be really really good. This isn't my first rodeo, I'm used to being in line hours before the show, (9 hours Seattle 360 and many other shows over the years) and enjoy the fellowship with all of the other fans. I only asked because there were a few places during the Vertigo tour that had a U2.com/fan club only entrance.

Hoping for organization again this year, but really do not want people lining up/checking in 3+ days before the show as it creates a lot of panic

For U2360 in Phoenix, I arrived with my party about 1 hour prior to the concert, walked in and was invited to the inner circle of that concert with no muss or fuss.

If you absolutely have to be on the barrier, then you will need to show up extremely early and with running shoes.

If you want to have a great time and have the energy for GA, your ticket alone and any reasonable arrival time will guarantee an amazing experience.

I was front row outer rail for 360 in Philadelphia and front row outer rail in massachusetts at gillette stadium and was in line at 1pm day of show for both shows  and it was amazing. best time of my life. It looks like from this setup that there will be a lot of great locations. I'm guessing that they will be using the whole runway for the show so you will be up close and personal for many songs. I have also found that indoor venues are much better for general ga because you are almost always very close to stage wherever you are unless you are under 5 foot 5 and can't see over people.

I have only been to the 360 tour. The Claw stage set up had a catwalk ringing the stage, creating the inner circle between the stage and the catwalk. This had a certain capacity (anyone know the actual figure?) and the first people in the queue would get their wrists stamped. Once they had stamped the amount of people that would fill the inner circle to capacity, no more stamps. If you had a stamp, you were free to come to and go to the inner circle to use the facilities (toilets, buying food and drink, smoking area). But within the circle it was each man for himself, and I'd bet that the people in the best spots in the inner circle, the ones ringing the stage and the inner edge of the catwalk, were those who had been the first to get stamped and probably didn't leave the inner circle at any point. You could not enter the inner circle at all if you weren't stamped.

I went to Dublin 2009 and Paris 2010 and I didn't arrive until about 3pm both times, and I still got stamped. I didn't get the best spots in the inner circle though - I was always floating somewhere in the middle distance between stage and catwalk.

However, this stage set up looks pretty different. I can't see any obvious way that will create the different levels of GA that the inner circle did. Unless they set up barriers a few rows back from the catwalk, and do stamps for the people who are going to be in front of those barriers. Otherwise, someone could go from the being at the very front to being at the very back, if they have to leave at any point (toilet etc) and can't get back to their spot. With the inner circle, once you got stamped, you were guaranteed to be near the band all night.

I did GA twice for Vertigo and once for 360. Vertigo, I was in line by 7am, lucked out and got on the rail in front of Adam for one night. For 360, I was in line by 5:30 am and was on the rail on Edge's side. I'm now 48 and this will probably be my last GA show, 360 about killed me. But it was a blast meeting fellow fans from all over the world. I have GA for the second Chicago show this time round, if extra shows are added, I'll be kind to my aging soul and get nosebleed. 

Remember on Vertigo for GA when your tickets were scanned and people were randomly chosen to get into the ellipse? What did the words say when you got in, was it "Vertigo" -- I am racking my brain to remember. If you got whatever symbol meant you got to get inside the ellipse you were allowed to take your friend (or date) if you got a good scan and they didn't. That was interesting. This will be interesting as it appears GA covers the whole area around the run way (from the maps it seems) and doesn't look to be any place for a heart, ellipse, or inner circle, but who knows!!!

As small as these venues are this tour and the way the stage is presented to us at this time, anywhere on the floor will be really really good. This isn't my first rodeo, I'm used to being in line hours before the show, (9 hours Seattle 360 and many other shows over the years) and enjoy the fellowship with all of the other fans. I only asked because there were a few places during the Vertigo tour that had a U2.com/fan club only entrance.

I'm banking on this. I'm at the age where I usually opt for a seat but am hoping with the stage setup there's no need to get there hours early to get a 'good' spot. Of course if you want to be on the rail, more power to you! 

I doubt there will be a problem going to the bathroom or getting food. U2 fans are pretty cool about that. Last U2 concert I attended was in NYC for the 360 at Giants stadium. Because the last stage was so tall one could only see a portion of the band if you were up close in the inner circle, we chose front row around the elipse (my son was 10th in the stadium and because he is a fast runner was about 4th to get to the stage). We were able to come and go for drinks etc. for the first hour or so. Some people were not super cool but for the most part folks were cool and "got it" as far as where someone was seated, etc. If you have a friend with you that helps. 

I've slept in the heat of a New Jersey July night just to see 360 the next day. I've slept on many sidewalks since the Elevation tour and enjoyed most of the experiences.

I've got 2 more in me.

Edited by Sigma957

The last 3 tours had a pit section up front so waiting all day (or random winning on the Vertigo tour) got you into the pit.  With the stage being superwide and taking up the whole floor like a Metallica show, I'm not sure one needs to wait all day because there's no front section to get access too.

I'm also wondering where the best place to be is... front. back or middle?  lol.

For the O2 Arena in London Prince was 'in the round'

I can't see how there would be much space for an inner circle based on that setup - stage likely to be longer and thinner than the one Prince had? Maybe 10-20 rows standing around outside?

the-arena-prince-2145885032.jpg

I have done the 7:00 am thing many times and did not mind until the Oakland 360 tour stop. They crammed way, way too many folks into the "Inner Circle". Most venues had it under control but that show was extremely uncomfortable. For the life of me I don't understand why the band doesn't take a page from the Springsteen GA approach. It is organized and civilized. I have shown up at 4:30 some thirty minutes before the wristband drawing and got in directly in front of Bruce at Pac Bell. Getting there early insures that you have plenty of time to compare shows and meet folks but in no way affects your final place in line and orderly entry. I have also been unlucky and wound up out of the "Pit". Just a thought. I'll still be there early unless changes are forth coming. Going to both San Jose shows in May.

Its time for me to pack! Any news? I saw that Joe updated his GA advice/suggestions but has anyone figures out the North South entry deal yet?

Phoenix / Glendale Vertigo shows had a fan club line entrance. I had GA, but had no interest in waiting in line all day. I still waited about 45 minutes to get inside, but I had a really good spot on Adam's side for the first night. It was easier to get closer on Adam's side than on Edge's side.

At the Phoenix Vertigo shows, your GA ticket was scanned to be randomly picked to go inside the circle. If you were selected you and your group could go inside the circle. I thought that was a good idea.

But this tour, the way the stage appears to be, every GA spot should be quality.

Jason

I'm also hoping the stage design means great views on either side for GA.  I'm really curious to see so I'll be checking Joe's guide as well as #U2ieTour for pics and comments.  Twitter was so helpful to me for my first GA on the 360 tour. 

From the "official map" that was emailed to RZ ticket holders it appears as thought there is a N side and a S side and as of right now my strategy will be to enter from the N side and go around the E stage as fas as I can.

I have always had fantastic experiences in the GA line and have enjoyed the incredible fellowship with folks we have met, In  many cases, this was the start of a long, wonderful friendship! Looking so incredibly forward to this. I really need this. I lost my job 6 days before Christmas because my company was sold. But our tickets were bought and paid for, so this has been somnething to which I have been clinging as a "something to look forward to" for all these months. I am still clinging. 

From the "official map" that was emailed to RZ ticket holders it appears as thought there is a N side and a S side and as of right now my strategy will be to enter from the N side and go around the E stage as fas as I can.

According to some questions ATU2 is running from LiveNation, you will either have a north side or south side wristband. Can't switch sides.

Sign in to follow this