Sign in to follow this  
domenico

Code can be used for all European concerts I found out

I found out that i can use the code to buy tickets for other concerts too. Are they going to cancel the tickets if you would purchase more than two (different concerts/cities)?

And certainly, they will do it !

When looking for a methods in which they are selling tickets (especially for GA stands) and ways of controls at the entrances, I am absolutely sure that they will also do very precise check of all used pre-sale codes and in case of found doubles, they will cancel one or maybe even all transactions...

So if you need another ticket(s), after you have already used own code , then ask your wife, husband, girlfriend, boyfriend, mum, tad , Santa Claus ;) , friend , whoever to buy a 2nd subscription and then grab those in official way.

Otherwise, when they catch you on cheating (or breaking the rules), you may not see any gig in return as penalty.

Having said that, I can't see how under EU regulations, Ticketmaster, Eventim, Teleticketservice and godknowswhatothervendors are out there would sit down and compare notes on who bought what. 

My sentiments exactly. The vendors don't care who buys the tickets when and how. Unless some information is fed back to U2 (privacy issues?), I can't see anyone going through the trouble of checking. 

From a technical perspective it's very easy.

A database guy from the ticket vendors can create such a query in 1-2 hours, so talking about 'effort' doesn't make sense.
And they probably agreed on that on forehand

Edited by Troels

From a technical perspective it's very easy.

A database guy from the ticket vendors can create such a query in 1-2 hours, so talking about 'effort' doesn't make sense.

And they probably agreed on that on forehand

Yes. It is very easy and vendors do not need to share any personal data across the countries , but only transaction numbers linked with pre-sale codes.

I know that many of us can be upset with an actually set tickets limit at 2 pcs only (reduced from 4 when comparing to earlier tours), which is a separate story and issue for debate, but I hate people who has acknowledged terms & rules of U2.com or tickets vendors and knew they can buy only 2  , but still trying to ignore those and buy more tickets using same code.

I really hope, LN do such cross-check and cancel doubled transactions. And will not regret such folks at all !

I might be mis-remembering, but I think on the last tour, after you used your code, it disappeared from your My Account page, or got marked as 'Code Used' or something, although this didn't happen until a couple of weeks after you used the code. Am I remembering correctly? In which case the vendors must communicate the information to U2.com, which would allow U2.com to request cancellation of duplicates (though I suspect vendors would be reluctant to cancel tickets that had already been sent out, as e-tickets or whatever, as this could result in big problems at the turnstiles).

Hopefully the Amsterdam and London vendors will tell U2.com that I only bought one ticket for each.

It seems like a really easy thing to check, and really not worth the risk unless one doesn't really care if they see a show or not.

Sign in to follow this