Sign in to follow this  
venacom

Subscriptions - $50 or $40

Big Wave, when will someone address the $10 difference in fan club costs between yesterday and tonight? Everything now clearly states $40, I was charged $50.

Hopefully, I won't run into issues with the presale tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath.

It's only $10, but that's 1,000 pennies of principle and a pretty bad look for the band.

Edited by venacom

Big Wave, when will someone address the $10 difference in fan club costs between yesterday and tonight? Everything now clearly states $40, I was charged $50.

Hopefully, I won't run into issues with the presale tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath.

It's only $10, but that's 1,000 pennies of principle and a pretty bad look for the band.

This probably doesn't go here, but I believe it's $50 to get a new subscription and $40 to renew which is why you now see the difference.

posts moved to here explaining the costs of re-subscription and new subscription

I too was renewing, but only had the option to pay $50.  My priority was getting the membership current again for the presales so the additional $10 while unfortunate was not a deal breaker.  That said, a little coupon for $10 off on a merchandise order from the store would go a long way towards making me really happy and not cost the fan club much . . . .

Really poor explanation / detail on the site. And if you dare call MusicToday about it, you'll get a really tempesterous, nasty call center rep who thinks you're an idiot. 

It has always been $50 for a new membership and $40 to resubscribe for as long as I can remember. If you renew anytime before your prior membership expires it will always be $40. But if you renew any time after your previous membership expired already (meaning any date past the date that is your expiration date), it will be treated as a new membership because you were no longer an active member since it was already expired before you resubbed. The difference is in your current member status when resubbing.

There are a lot of people who don't come back to the site when there's no tour happening and don't pay attention to when their membership expires. But the easiest way around that is to put it on your calendar yearly for a few days prior to expiration to remind yourself when to come back and keep it active to avoid these problems. I've been doing that since U2.com started and never had a lapse in membership because I had the note in my calendar each year to come back and renew. It's such a simple idea that I'm really surprised no one else does this.

Really poor explanation / detail on the site. And if you dare call MusicToday about it, you'll get a really tempesterous, nasty call center rep who thinks you're an idiot. 

if you want to PM with more details I will make sure this gets passed to the right people.

I too was renewing, but only had the option to pay $50.  My priority was getting the membership current again for the presales so the additional $10 while unfortunate was not a deal breaker.  That said, a little coupon for $10 off on a merchandise order from the store would go a long way towards making me really happy and not cost the fan club much . . . .

I was charged 50.00 to renew also.

Sign in to follow this