Sign in to follow this  
ruthmel

Do U2 Care at all about their disabled fans? England doesnt revolve around London!

I am FUMING and DISGUSTED with U2!!!!!This new tour only goes to London in the U.K. I am disabled and I cant travel alone. In order to get to London I'd need to find a carer. My Husband refuses point blank to go to a U2 concert! Pay the carer, pay for Travel, Pay for two nights at a hotel plus the price of the ticket, I need to go down the day before and rest, then stay over after the concert. All this is totally out of my league. I cant afford it and I'm sure that able bodied U2 fans from areas outside London also cant afford travel and a hotel stay plus the price of the ticket.

I know U2 are knocking on a bit! perhaps they don't have the energy to tour the UK properly!! Or are they so greedy money wise and so narrow minded that they don't give a toss ,as they know they can sell out the concerts in London straight away!   I would love one of them to actually read this post. Where do I write to so that they actually might see my complaint in writing?

I'm sorry to hear this leg of the tour will not work out for you. However your situation is very specific and not a reasonable one to consider when coordinating all the logistics of a major tour.

I hope you are able to find appropriate accommodations and/or they come closer to you next time through.

No shows in Florida , Texas , Pennsylvania ......basically most of USA shut out ,  7 of the 10 Canadian provinces shut out  , only Torino in Italy . What does touring 'properly' mean ? I am surprised they are playing as many cities as they are . I thought there would be less cities but more dates in those cities .

Glasgow is in the UK too, There may be other dates announced that may be nearer you if your lucky!  

Sounds like your hubbys not being very thoughtfull to your plight, mabe it's him you should be more angry with........ Hope something gets announced nearer you and your able to get to a concert.

I'm sorry :(    I don't know if it helps any but I did see another Zootop who said they got a complimentary ticket through O2 for him, being the carer of his wife.   I think he called directly to the venue?  

As others have said- there are a lot of people that they will not be near, for this leg.  In the States there are is a LOT of land that is not within a 5-8 hour drive to a venue.  Ditto for Canada.  I know I am lucky that I drive 5 hrs to see them.  Several countries and areas aren't even seeing any cities : South America, Asia, Australia/New Zealand.

I'm confident though that this will be a long tour and there will be many new cities added in 2016 (maybe even in 2015- lots of days in between dates and they may not necessarily just add extra dates to existing venues, who knows). 

Maybe your husband could be a bit more understanding in this instance. Plus you could always sell it to him as a break away for both of you.

Further, hate to break it to you - but at least economically, England does revolve around London, yes. 

If my girlfriend refused point blank to go to a gig with me, she'd be out on her ear

Husband is refusing to go with me! Is that grounds for divorce?!

I am FUMING and DISGUSTED with U2!!!!!This new tour only goes to London in the U.K. I am disabled and I cant travel alone. In order to get to London I'd need to find a carer. My Husband refuses point blank to go to a U2 concert! Pay the carer, pay for Travel, Pay for two nights at a hotel plus the price of the ticket, I need to go down the day before and rest, then stay over after the concert. All this is totally out of my league. I cant afford it and I'm sure that able bodied U2 fans from areas outside London also cant afford travel and a hotel stay plus the price of the ticket.

I know U2 are knocking on a bit! perhaps they don't have the energy to tour the UK properly!! Or are they so greedy money wise and so narrow minded that they don't give a toss ,as they know they can sell out the concerts in London straight away! I would love one of them to actually read this post. Where do I write to so that they actually might see my complaint in writing?

So what would you do if they were playing near you? Your husband would still refuse to go and you would still need to hire a carer.You need to sell it as a break to your husband.Basically apart from one evening watching U2 he can do what he wants for the rest of the time you are there & you promise not to moan about his choices!

I think when they do outside gigs in 2016, there will be a better chance of seeing them near you and they will have wheelchair viewing platforms.

Seriously ? I think you have to talk to your husband, not to U2.. He's (your husband) is the one who denies you the U2 concert.. If you were my wife, I would take you, if I liked the music or not.. I would not care.. 

If my girlfriend refused point blank to go to a gig with me, she'd be out on her ear

Fairly straightforward April - Yes. 

Not really, just joking -  but it's a bit mean. I think that the other woman's complaint that the husband is essentially stopping her from seeing her dream band which is cruel, and I would never allow myself to be in a relationship like that. Sounds like your fella's just being a bit mardy/has poor music taste - but he's not stopping you from going. 

Either way, we'll look after you. Mrs Mike always brings a thermos

Seriously ? I think you have to talk to your husband, not to U2.. He's (your husband) is the one who denies you the U2 concert.. If you were my wife, I would take you, if I liked the music or not.. I would not care.. 

There's a man who would make (or is already) a good husband. Women are these beautiful, brilliant siren like creatures we dare to trouble by hanging around with. They get these podgy things with sticks between their legs in return. If we men don't forget that and treat our women right, we won't go far wrong

Fairly straightforward April - Yes.

Not really, just joking - but it's a bit mean. I think that the other woman's complaint that the husband is essentially stopping her from seeing her dream band which is cruel, and I would never allow myself to be in a relationship like that. Sounds like your fella's just being a bit mardy/has poor music taste - but he's not stopping you from going.

Either way, we'll look after you. Mrs Mike always brings a thermos

Lovely! Hopefully the weather will be mild and not some freak snowstorm going on!

Edited by ally33

I don't think is up to us to judge how an user manages his/her relationship... the point has been made abundantly clear, so please be respectful of other people's situation...

As for the issue in hand... unfortunately these are the only venues available at the moment...

This may not be of much help but national express often run coaches for big events - the killers at wembley they ran coaches, to football matches etc. if you are fairly near a big city/town theyll usually have something running. I live quite far away from London (3 hours) but there is a town not too far that if I was to choose an event i can catch a national express coach. Just thinking if this is feasible for you it may help with the expenses as would be coach and concert trip in one day (the coaches wait 20-30 mins after the concert to take you home). Also, they venue may offer free/discounted ticket for the carer if you ask them

Good luck x

Oh come on, i'm going to see U2 from Moscow and my friend is going from Siberia. It's much much more expensive, believe me

Kinda glad hubby's not going with me.  More drooling over Larry.  :P

I'm sorry :(    I don't know if it helps any but I did see another Zootop who said they got a complimentary ticket through O2 for him, being the carer of his wife.   I think he called directly to the venue?  

As others have said- there are a lot of people that they will not be near, for this leg.  In the States there are is a LOT of land that is not within a 5-8 hour drive to a venue.  Ditto for Canada.  I know I am lucky that I drive 5 hrs to see them.  Several countries and areas aren't even seeing any cities : South America, Asia, Australia/New Zealand.

I'm confident though that this will be a long tour and there will be many new cities added in 2016 (maybe even in 2015- lots of days in between dates and they may not necessarily just add extra dates to existing venues, who knows). 

Exactly.  Where I live in the US is a 12 hour drive to the nearest show (Chicago).  Sadly they are not going to please everyone and they can't go everywhere.  I'm going to see them at Madison Square Garden....because I started saving the day I got back from my last show on the 360 tour.

Oh come on, i'm going to see U2 from Moscow and my friend is going from Siberia. It's much much more expensive, believe me

Showing off?

Showing off?

Wouldn't you?

I don't think is up to us to judge how an user manages his/her relationship... the point has been made abundantly clear, so please be respectful of other people's situation...

As for the issue in hand... unfortunately these are the only venues available at the moment...

agreed. the OP is obviously upset and from reading the post it sounds like the husband could be more helpful.

last month I needed the help of my brother & mum to see my favourite guitarist live (Joe Satriani). I don't drive and

though my disability doe's not stop me from moving, it can affect how I behave. I hope the OP can work something out.

Edited by BigBunny

Sign in to follow this