Sign in to follow this  
Richvondeez

Los Angeles The Forum 4-nights

Hello everyone! I'm Richie, raised in Los Angeles! Originally from Peru! I heard it was a nightmare yesterday with Ticketmaster, but this morning was very simple to get GA tickets at 9am PST sharp through the Safari browser. 

I was part of the iNNOCENCE group and was able to buy 1 GA for Saturday and another GA for Sunday shows! This will be my 8th and 9th U2 show! First one being Elevation Tour in 2001 at Staples Center.

Anyone else have any luck today? Who is going? I like to make new friends :) I'm thinking of trying out the general sale for seats for the Tuesday and Wednesday shows, too. 

I wish everyone luck! It's never easy with the high demand shows.

Edited by Richvondeez

My purchase went very smoothly as well, using the Ticketmaster website on Chrome. Took just a couple of minutes.

I'll be at the first show at The Forum! Wasn't able to get better seats, but no matter. This will be my first U2 concert and I am beyond excited!

My purchase went very smoothly as well, using the Ticketmaster website on Chrome. Took just a couple of minutes.

I'll be at the first show at The Forum! Wasn't able to get better seats, but no matter. This will be my first U2 concert and I am beyond excited!

Awesome! First show will be Night 1 on Tuesday, May 26th! Have a blast! I remember my first U2 show... my "The First Time"... :)

Got today my May 26 and 27 tickets with presale code for today, no problems, looking to get GA's in the general sale for the 30 and 31 !!! so lets try to do 4 Nights in LA !

Got today my May 26 and 27 tickets with presale code for today, no problems, looking to get GA's in the general sale for the 30 and 31 !!! so lets try to do 4 Nights in LA !

Four intimate and spiritual nights in the city of angels!

Got 1 Red Zone and 1 GA for LA! Gonna try for the other two nights come Monday...

Got 1 Red Zone and 1 GA for LA! Gonna try for the other two nights come Monday...

Awesome! I'm going to try to get seats come Monday, too! Where are my LA U2 Fans? Feel free to respond. Let's build a community here!

Same as you Rich, 1 GA for each of the 30th and 31st shows. Some friends of mine didn't have the luck I had getting tickets for the saturday show, so I'll be heading to the forum alone on the 30th. No issue though, see you there!

I didn't have any trouble getting them in the eXperience group. Got one for Wednesday and one for Saturday! Both GA

One of the few times I didn't have troubles getting tickets, really can't wait to see U2 again! Secured 2 General Admission tickets for opening nite. Still confused about the General Sale and how many we are allowed to purchase. Is it 4 on Monday and 8 thereafter?

Hi everyone!

I'm very disappointed with this tickets sale in particular. I purchased 2 tickets (not bad, but not the best) with the Promo Code with the -paid U2.com membership-. And today, when the Ticketmaster website was working a little faster and properly, I decided to try to get better seats (and sell the others), everything was smooth until I clicked 'check out'.

I've just got a stupid message saying:

" Uh-oh! For some reason we couldn't complete your request. Please try different seats or different ticket option for the same seats. If that doesn't work let us choose seats for you ".

Really? I can't believe U2 corp. treat the most loyal fans like this! I don't want another seats or let Ticketmaster to choose them! I'm very tired to pay a lot of money for seats they don't worth it! I know it's U2 guys, our favorite band but this is unacceptable! They're just doing the big scam ever! The tickets I attempted to buy were even better located at cheaper price! without any previews purchase ( U2 membership) just with the Free U2.com membership. In other words, are you telling me that they charged more to those who paid more? and today they released the tickets for non-paid subscribers?

I'll bring more details later. Bur for now, I'll appreciate that someone tells me how to re-sale these tickets (without giving back to Ticketmaster or U2.com) Thank you!

Keeping hope that I can attend my favorite band's concert.

I'm in L.A. so my venue is The Forum (I've heard several people complaining about the same issue with U2 Los Angeles concerts).Please, let me know how it was your experience.

U2 fan very upset :(

Edited by BeautifulDay14

I missed and my code would not work :( after 1 GA for LA. Coming from Australia.

I'm sorry to hear about people who could not get tickets or the seats they wanted - but buying tickets online has to do with luck as well. I had a problem with ticketmaster for Almost Acoustic Xmas Night 2 show with U2. I had great seats and I could not complete the purchase because I lived outside of CA, even though I had an LA county zip code. A glitch on ticketmaster's system. Many fans went through this. Until they fixed it but it was too late, it sold out and I had not tickets. 

The problem is with Ticketmaster/LiveNation and not U2. The membership does not guarantee tickets, but it gives you the opportunity. On the first day of presale, ticketmaster had a huge high demand and their system were not working properly but they fixed that for the Friday presale. For the membership code, you must make sure you are using the right code for the right day. If you were Experience priority group, you had the opportunity to purchase presale tickets on Thursday and if you were in the Innocence priority group, you had the opportunity to purchase this past Friday. There are also other factors, like your internet speed/provider and your skills to purchase tickets online (browser or TM app), and when you were online to purchase tickets whether at the second the tickets went onsale or the minute after. It is all about timing when purchasing tickets online. 

When searching for tickets on Ticketmaster, you have the choice to look for the specific type of tickets you want by choosing by location or price. 

Just my thoughts...

I was able to use my pre-sale code without any problems for the LA shows, it was a very easy experience and within 15min I had purchased. Got 1 GA for 26 May and 1 Red Zone for 27 May. I am also coming from Australia. Now going to try to get Red Zone for Phoenix on 23 May during the general sale.

Keen to get an LA fan community going as I will be by myself at these shows and would be great to meet some fellow U2 fans.

Cheers

Angela

Awesome! First show will be Night 1 on Tuesday, May 26th! Have a blast! I remember my first U2 show... my "The First Time"... :)

Oh, I fully intend to have a blast! I was able to see Bono and The Edge in Palm Springs early this year, so with that, a surprise album release and now getting tickets to see the band? I am anxious for the day! It's going to be a long wait until May. Haha.

So I got my tickets for the 30th at the forum going there from Utah! I got actual seats only my 2nd ever U2 show but I would like to try and go to the Sunday one also maybe get the general admission. Would like to meet and make some friends that like U2 seeing how none of my friends seem to know about them. Also I would like to have a chance at maybe getting something signed do you guys know at all if they will let us wait by where they go in for sound check they did here in Utah but I missed them by literally seconds

General Sale started this morning at 10am PST. Anyone have any luck getting tickets? I got seated tickets for May 26th and 27th in sections 102 and 134, on the Red Zone side. I was able to get them through the TM phone app. The wait was less than the browser. I'm so curious on how the stage will look!! I can't wait to get a sneak peak! 

I wish I saw this thread earlier!!! For some reason, every time it slips my mind about these forums and all the info I could have gotten. I tried at 10AM and had Chrome and IE browsers open, maybe about 2 tabs each, and tried for GA or the best I could get within my budget. I SAW 2 GA come up and proceeded to checkout and then WHAT! it said error and not available! Ah and then the endless spinning!! The rest of the tickets are like $300 and up and that is unfortunately just toooo much for me for my 20-something year old self! I've had a rough past year and finally getting better. Would love to get another chance at GA. Do you think they'll add another show or (i hope) maybe have one at the Honda Center? Or if anyone has connections to 2 extra GA tickets?

I've been to 360 Rose Bowl (behind the stage - not the best)

Angel's Stadium 360 - GA from eBay  :huh:, but the BEST concert I've been to! EVER.

I have 1 GA for Wed. 5/27 but want to go to Sat. 5/30 GA .....if anyone wants to trade?

I actually had pretty good luck with the general sale, and I'm happy to say that I'll be seeing the boys all 4 nights :)

Glad to be able to connect with some LA fans! Looks like I'll be seeing some of you in the GA line :)

I got three GA tickets for LA 2 in the public sale today.

Lucky!! You must have a lightning fast internet connection!

I had two browsers open, Chrome and IE9 (!) here at work in San Diego. Surprisingly IE9 got through in 5 mins while Chrome eventually errored out. When those GAs popped up I just hoped I would make it all the way through checkout without a error or crash...win!

Same here, but couldn't get any GA for nights 3 and 4 today. Got GA's for #1 and #2 only.

Had to get some Upper Level tixs for $118 for night #4

Once we get closer to the date, I will try to get two for night #3 but no GA's...not willing to pay a scalper for those.

Sign in to follow this