Sign in to follow this  
conlonm1

Rear/Side Stage Seats Question

In Amsterdam, sections 207/208 are located 2nd ring opposite the main  stage. Interesting part these are sold as

restricted view, while normally you have a good view there on the main stage.

Very interesting indeed!  Since these would be right in front of the main stage, the "restricted view" tag on them would be consistent with the various clues suggesting that there will be two very large screens hanging above the sides of the (long) catwalk.  So, if you're "dead on" w/your seats regarding the stage, you'd not have a good view of these "main" screens.  Thanks for posting this info!!

Also, one ring lower in Amsterdam, in the 106/107 (below the previous mentioned) sections there are  most tickets cheaper then the rest of the 1st ring,

coincidentally also in the center of these two. Sides of these two sections are full price.

Another interesting point, in the second ring the higher seats are also cheaper the the front rows in that same section

Time will tell

Edited by malahidemarina

Over a week after I purchased them and now that they're available to print, Ticketmaster has labeled my MSG Section 109 $312 seats "side of the stage" which they were NOT when I bought them.  

Yes it is at MSG...hopefully your right. So basically the San Jose map is reversed in New York or 115 in NYC is like section 116 / 117 in San Jose.

Edited by Chuck7866

Over a week after I purchased them and now that they're available to print, Ticketmaster has labeled my MSG Section 109 $312 seats "side of the stage" which they were NOT when I bought them.  

Fits with the emerging pattern suggesting the main stage is on the other end from the RZs.  But, 109 should still be pretty good--especially if you're closer to 108 than 110 (i.e., where you are within 109).  Also, the closer you are to the floor in 109, the better they will be--not just because they're closer, but because it improves your angle to the stage.

Yes it is at MSG...hopefully your right. So basically the San Jose map is reversed in New York or 115 in NYC is like section 116 / 117 in San Jose.

Yes, I'd say that's about right--actually, I'd guess 115 in NYC is (on average) a bit better than 117 in San Jose, a bit worse than 116 in San Jose (indeed, I'd say 116 in San Jose is just about ideal, especially closer to the floor.  Great view of the main stage, Edge's side.

Also, a general comment.  In my experience (w/many U2 shows), the main stage tends to bit a bit further back "into the end" than it looks on the TM diagrams.  So I'd bet 115 in MSG is mostly quite good.

Fits with the emerging pattern suggesting the main stage is on the other end from the RZs.  But, 109 should still be pretty good--especially if you're closer to 108 than 110 (i.e., where you are within 109).  Also, the closer you are to the floor in 109, the better they will be--not just because they're closer, but because it improves your angle to the stage.

I'm in row 18, middle of the row.  May try to call TM tomorrow.  What bothers me is the disclaimer "side of stage" being added to the tickets after purchase.  It's not world hunger, it's a rock show, I get that but for over 300 a seat, I think we should have known.  If the band sent a detailed map to San Jose, they may well have to other venues as well. 

All of this fits a pattern of disregard for fans and ticket purchasers that flies in the face of the U2 image -- doesn't it?  Can't a band this big get these details right?  Don't they think they should?  It's the ethics that bothers me.  

Resale prices on this section range from just under 800 to just under 1500. A seat. Dear lordie.

So who is all going to MSG?  There has to be a thread here on that ... I'll go find it.

Not really--104 and 110 are fairly comparable; just on different sides from one another.

Was able to get Section 115 toady for Monday show- says side stage but was a $312 price so I assume its right next to main stage- MSG mainstage is always set on that side of the venue - load in purposes etc- earlier TM gave me 119 which I believe is opposite sec 115- I don't know if anyone has seen this but its a great virtual seating site for MSG for the NYRangers you can see the view from your seat

http://rangers.io-media.com

I solved my problem -- bought 2 more tickets today in the 200's dead center middle of the arena on Edge's side, 4th row. So -- once we get more info, I'll sell one or the other.  But then again, one is an Innocence night and one is an Experience night so ... if I'm feeling flush I may just go to both.  Thanks guys, you're making me feel better about those 109's.

Nitz -- thanks for the Rangers seating guide -- very sweet.

The 109's should be excellent--seriously.  And hey, your 200's should be pretty decent as well--and you probably got them at the "reduced" price too, eh?  You really should see both nights, c'mon!

Paid full price for the 200's -- it was going on 10:45 am and those were the 4th set they offered me so at Row 4 and Edge's side I snagged them.  And yes, I really do want to go both nights!  So bad.

Well, if you can do it at all, go for it!  After all, this only happens every 4-5 years or so, right?

guys I need your help, in July I will be in NY (I', from Italy) and I'd like to buy ticket for MSG, It is not clear to me the sector between 101 and 120 on front stage. can anyone help me?

thanks!

Hi--

What are you asking, exactly?  What do you want to know?  You may be talking about Section 1, which is basically in front of Section 120.  There is no section in-between sections 101 and 120--they are right next to one another.  Oh, and by the way, I wouldn't assume those are "front stage", whatever you mean by that.  Nobody really knows what the stage setup is.  But again, what do you want to know, exactly?

Hi everyone-

Still confused about where the front of the stage is - I have tickets in section 107 - row 8 for MSG.  Worried I'm going to be behind or on the side of the band?  Anyone have any thoughts about whether these are going to be decent seats?

Thanks 

You're fine.  You'll be slightly closer to the b-stage than the main stage, but with generally excellent position and reasonably close, and good view of the big viewscreen.  Where you wouldn't want to be is, say, in section 112 (behind the main stage, bad view of big viewsceen running down the middle) or 102 (behind the b-stage, again with lousy view of the big viewscreen).  So don't worry.

Well i would like to know how I ended up with my presale code - getting LIMITED VIEW seats for 100$+++ ?!?!?

Soooo not happy. I am behind everything ----using a first day presale code for Chicago. How does that happppen?!?!

Edited by badsilver

Ticketmaster updated all the seating charts on their website, so you can see where your seats are in relation to the stages.

Well as far as I can tell the presale got me these beauts for 100+++$$$

So mad right now I could....go be a Coldplay fan instead...

post-286259-0-12686900-1434785145_thumb.jpg

post-286259-0-37156600-1434785158_thumb.jpg

Sign in to follow this