Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

POLITE NOTICE - ON THE MISUSE OF CODES

My wife and I have 2 separate memberships to U2.com, thus 2 different pre-sale codes.  I used both codes - mine during the eXPERIENCE pre-sale, and hers during the iNNOCENCE pre-sale.  I used the same account/credit card for both Ticketmaster transactions though.  Will I lose my tickets because I used the same account/credit card on Ticketmaster? 

I was told by TM, no.  I called them with same worry.  I explained situation and I was told I would not have order cancelled.  This is not an abuse of the presale.

I had to record my presale code 4 or 5 times (maybe more) before to finalize the payment and be able to catch 2 tickets for Antwerp. Belgian TeleticketService is quite capricious! After encoding all the requested informations and the code, I saw a message asking me to record the presale code. I re-encoded the code (and the informations that were all disapeared) but the payment screen wasn't displayed. I repeated then all the procedure but a message was displayed telling me that the mail adress I had recorded was "already  known" (what does it mean??) and no ordering was possible. I finally closed all the windows and repeated the procedure encoding another mail adress. After this last attempt, I could proceed to payment. I have received this morning a mail from Teleticket confirming my 2 tickets reservation and payment.

Please Bigwave, tell me it's OK.

I was told by TM, no. I called them with same worry. I explained situation and I was told I would not have order cancelled. This is not an abuse of the presale.

THANK YOU!

Big Wave,

I am still confused! I used my code to get 2 RZ tix for Vancouver. Now I want to buy one ticket for a NY show at the general sale. If I use a different credit card but same billing address, will I be ok? I don't want to lose my RZ tix!

There should be no problem with anyone buying tix w/the general onsale (obeying the general onsale limits, of course--4 for the first day) who has already bought their 2 presale tix.  The TM guidelines are pretty clear on this, I believe.  The presale and regular onsale limits are separate entities.

The TM guidelines aren't clear on this at all.... Maybe for the US, but here it says you can order 4, but I have no idea if that means per transaction or total order. And what if I want to buy for Belgium and Cologne as well?

Indeed!

And what if you have already bought 2 tickets in presale and want to get 4 new ones in he general sale for the same show ... Can you do that on the same account and with the same CC or not?

That's it!!. I'm going back to school and getting my PHD in the Procurement of TM Pre-Sale Tix.  If the tour extends past 2016, it could come in handy.  One should never stop learning.

Bigwave, just to make sure ...

On monday, can I get 4 tickets for Antwerp on my CC when I already got 2 for Paris on the same card?

Maybe a stupid question, and probably already answered hundred times or so, but I don't want to risk anything ...

Btw, thanks a lot to the mods for being so incredibly helpful and patient with all of us and our (repetetive) questions !!

Great job guys!!

so many different rules for different venues / countries / ticket agencies. its confusing. my guess is should be ok. 

Big Wave,

I am still confused! I used my code to get 2 RZ tix for Vancouver. Now I want to buy one ticket for a NY show at the general sale. If I use a different credit card but same billing address, will I be ok? I don't want to lose my RZ tix!

will be ok - this topic is not aimed at genuine fans / fans who live in same house as other fans, both with subscriptions - its a message to those who deliberately set out to misuse the presale. The tiny minority I hasten to add.

Big Wave,

will be ok - this topic is not aimed at genuine fans / fans who live in same house as other fans, both with subscriptions - its a message to those who deliberately set out to misuse the presale. The tiny minority I hasten to add.

So... based on this and previous postings, does this mean that if two different people, with 2 different subscriptions, using 2 different credit cards, purchase tickets for different shows that that should be ok?  But... they live at the same address?  (the place we live has multiple apartments, but the exact same address - and yes, there were 2 unique purchases all legit).  It's like what one of the earlier posts said - we are just regular people trying to buy legit tickets to actually use.  But it gets confusing if you get into the weeds of siblings, housemates, student housing, families with kids, etc.  Should one call TM and beg for mercy?  Wait and hope that the system knows I am not a thief?  Help...???

Big Wave,

So... based on this and previous postings, does this mean that if two different people, with 2 different subscriptions, using 2 different credit cards, purchase tickets for different shows that that should be ok?  But... they live at the same address?  (the place we live has multiple apartments, but the exact same address - and yes, there were 2 unique purchases all legit).  It's like what one of the earlier posts said - we are just regular people trying to buy legit tickets to actually use.  But it gets confusing if you get into the weeds of siblings, housemates, student housing, families with kids, etc.  Should one call TM and beg for mercy?  Wait and hope that the system knows I am not a thief?  Help...???

this should be ok, loads of us have had, or still have 2 or even more subscriptions per household, (partner, sons, daughters etc) and we should not be penalised for that. If it transpires the TM starts flagging up / cancelling tickets for this reason then we will follow up each case like hours until its resolved....

What I'm getting at is, as a subscriber do I exchange the ability to buy more tickets for the privilege of having the access to presales and those who choose not subscribe or use presale codes get to buy more tix as a kind of recompense for not being able to get early access. I'm sorry to be a pest when it's so busy and others have far more pressing problems, I just want to get my finances for this organised 

by rights, it should not be a problem, but ticket master and other ticket agencies have their own systems whereby they auto-flag up what they see may be a misuse and over-purchase from the same address. I have been today been told (by u2comteam) if subscribers have this happen to them we will make sure it gets rectified.

This is what happened to me.  I got timed out a number of times trying to buy one ticket for the first Boston show.  I eventually made it through and got my one ticket.  This evening TM notified me that my order was cancelled because my purchase exceeded the ticket limit.  I called TM but customer service isn't available till Monday.  I hope this gets recitified but who knows...

this should be ok, loads of us have had, or still have 2 or even more subscriptions per household, (partner, sons, daughters etc) and we should not be penalised for that. If it transpires the TM starts flagging up / cancelling tickets for this reason then we will follow up each case like hours until its resolved....

Thanks man.  I would hate to get disqualified on a technicality by a computer algorithm.  Much appreciated.

What I'm getting at is, as a subscriber do I exchange the ability to buy more tickets for the privilege of having the access to presales and those who choose not subscribe or use presale codes get to buy more tix as a kind of recompense for not being able to get early access. I'm sorry to be a pest when it's so busy and others have far more pressing problems, I just want to get my finances for this organised 

by rights, it should not be a problem, but ticket master and other ticket agencies have their own systems whereby they auto-flag up what they see may be a misuse and over-purchase from the same address. I have been today been told (by u2comteam) if subscribers have this happen to them we will make sure it gets rectified.

This is what happened to me.  I got timed out a number of times trying to buy one ticket for the first Boston show.  I eventually made it through and got my one ticket.  This evening TM notified me that my order was cancelled because my purchase exceeded the ticket limit.  I called TM but customer service isn't available till Monday.  I hope this gets recitified but who knows...

have added your name to list going up to LN later in the day to get resolved

Ok I'm worried now. I had to try for like 6 hours to get my second tik. The first one happened in the fist minute

But I kept trying and trying hoping to get Ga and finally got a seat

But here is the hitch

Got an email from TM saying both my tiks are on hold saying they are checking to see if all orders were legit

Here is some text from email:

"whether you're printing, going mobile, getting them in the mail, or planning on in-store pickup! This temporary delivery delay just gives us time to run routine checks that ensure all fans get a fair shot at seats, like confirming every buyer is a fan and not a bot, making sure everyone sticks to the ticket limit, etc. "

Did I do something wrong ? I purchased 2 total tiks with my code???!

Ok I'm worried now. I had to try for like 6 hours to get my second tik. The first one happened in the fist minute

But here is the hitch

Got an email from TM saying both my tiks are on hold saying they are checking to see if all orders were legit

"whether you're printing, going mobile, getting them in the mail, or planning on in-store pickup! This temporary delivery delay just gives us time to run routine checks that ensure all fans get a fair shot at seats, like confirming every buyer is a fan and not a bot, making sure everyone sticks to the ticket limit, etc. "

if they cancel (hopefully they won't) - send me a PM and we will pass up to LN

But here is the hitch

if they cancel (hopefully they won't) - send me a PM and we will pass up to LN

Thanks BW I'll keep you informed.

This has been the most nerve wracking experience in all the years I've been going to U2 shows...I'm sure for u guys too.

Edited by Jen

Okay so I have called the O2 just to make sure they are also clear on the situation, the woman I spoke to said it should be fine because I only want to get 2 tickets and that if I had wanted more then that would have taken me over the 4 ticket limit for Monday (on top of the 2 I already have) and that MIGHT have lead to cancellation, I'm guessing that means that they would have waited for me to go make a fuss then decide if I am genuine or not, so that's where the 02 and AXS stand for anyone looking at getting extra tix for London. 

I'm still really nervous about it so I may just ask my mum to put it through for me, would have been nice to surprise her, but I'm worried about risking it.

Hello Bigwave,

Sorry to have called you Lemon in my previous email - I now see that your username is Bigwave.

Can you please give me an update on my case, as described above? Anything I can do?

Thank you again,

Alexander

Hello Bigwave,

Sorry to have called you Lemon in my previous email - I now see that your username is Bigwave.

Can you please give me an update on my case, as described above? Anything I can do?

Thank you again,

Alexander

contact both ticket agencies and explain your situation, keep a record of who you talk to, get it in writing whatever their position is. If  you are unhappy at the outcome, send me a PM and we will take it from there

Big Wave,

You'll be fine

The ticket limit for first day is 4 tickets per account per show.

It is possible you could buy 4 tickets for every single show on the tour in addition to the 2 fanclub tickets.

Good luck tomorrow

Bigwave,

Below is the email I received from TMaster. I bought two RZ tix for one night in Chicago. The text of the email  says "Don't worry" but I can't help but BE worried considering I have never received a message like this from them before.

Please advise and thank you for your attention.

Hey live event fan,

Don't worry, your tickets are coming - whether you're printing, going mobile, getting them in the mail, or planning on in-store pickup! This temporary delivery delay just gives us time to run routine checks that ensure all fans get a fair shot at seats, like confirming every buyer is a fan and not a bot, making sure everyone sticks to the ticket limit, etc.

Bigwave,

Below is the email I received from TMaster. I bought two RZ tix for one night in Chicago. The text of the email  says "Don't worry" but I can't help but BE worried considering I have never received a message like this from them before.

Please advise and thank you for your attention.

Hey live event fan,

Don't worry, your tickets are coming - whether you're printing, going mobile, getting them in the mail, or planning on in-store pickup! This temporary delivery delay just gives us time to run routine checks that ensure all fans get a fair shot at seats, like confirming every buyer is a fan and not a bot, making sure everyone sticks to the ticket limit, etc.

We got the same email and we also have RZ tix for Chicago on night one. I am interested to hear what this is all about too! Anyone?

Sign in to follow this