Sign in to follow this  
RLochner

VIP packages today at 3:00 pm?

I had some luck yesterday in the presale and got 2 redzone tickets with my code for night 2 in Chicago. Like a lot of people, I'm hoping to buy tickets to the other show on Monday during the general on sale if there is anything left.  But, I noticed the following on ticketmaster about VIP packages on sale times:

Onsale to General Public

Start: Mon, 12/08/14 10:00 AM CST

Fan Club Bundles 

Start: Fri, 12/05/14 03:00 PM CST
End: Sat, 12/06/14 12:00 PM CST

VIP Packages 

Start: Fri, 12/05/14 03:00 PM CST

VIP Packages On sale 

Start: Mon, 12/08/14 10:00 AM CST
End: Wed, 06/10/15 10:00 PM CDT

U2.com Subscriber Presale & VIP Packages 

Start: Thu, 12/04/14 10:00 AM CST

There is a 2 ticket limit for all password-protected presales and membership bundles. There is a 4 ticket limit during the first day of the onsale and no limit thereafter.

Maybe I'm wrong but it looks like these VIP packages are no longer password protected at the 3:00 pm start time today.  Does that mean we can buy additional VIP tickets before Monday if it doesn't require the use of a presale code???

Mods...can you please clarify? 

It seems that at 3pm local time all of the venues are allowing direct membership buys through Ticketmaster (Fan Club Bundles) and access to the VIP packages. Its unclear if these count towards the 2 presale limit. 

I may have found the answer to my own question. Found this on Ticketmaster for the Vancouver shows:

Ticket Limits

"There is a 2 ticket limit for all password-protected presales and membership bundles, a 4 ticket limit for VIP Packages during the presale period after December 5th at 3PM and a 4 ticket limit during the first day of the onsale. No ticket limit thereafter"

Did you try purchasing a VIP package?  Is the limit of 4 VIP in addition to the 2 presale regular purchases?  I understood that we could either go for the 2 presale OR wait until 3pm today to get a maximum of 4 tickets (VIP option only).  @bigwave do you know this?

No, not yet. I'm waiting to get clarification just to be sure.  Hopefully @bigwave will know.  Not sure I could even get Redzone tickets anyway.  I've tried for Chicago and none left.  I was thinking of trying for the west coast shows though.  

I think you can buy VIP outside of the fan club pre sales currently at some venues, such as Boston started offering them today, no mention of U2.com membership when you try and buy them.  They don't ask for code.

Edited by nb_dude

I bought my 2 presale tickets yesterday (GA for Vancouver 1), and I just bought 2 more on the VIP Fan sale for Vancouver 2. No code was required. I hope to high heaven I donèt get in trouble for buying more tickets, but I didnèt even enter my code, so I should be good, rightÉ AdministratorÉ

we have been given no instructions on VIP packages, as they fall outside the U2.com presale. So each person need to read the guidelines from each ticket agency on this, and double check how it effects any tickets you have already bought (check limit allowed, and double check )

well, if you have been given no instructions and they fall outside of U2.com pre sale, I would assume then (since there are often VIP pre sales on their own outside of fan clubs, venue pre sales, etc. for events) that if you did what Fever did above, buy 2 for one night from .com pre sale using your code and 2 VIPs today for the other night (where your not required to use a code), you would be fine….thanks big Wave for you work by the way…your patience with some folks if very admirable…. 

Sign in to follow this