Sign in to follow this  
frjohnpicinic

Where is the Main Stage at MSG?

I bought 2 tickets in section 110 lowers which said side view obstructed. I also saw tickets for section 111 and it said behind stage. I see that the stage runs the entire floor, but is there one main end and if so which end, by sec 110 or sec 104 / 105?

Very happy with sec 110 either way, good pull thanks U2 for the presage!

I saw someone say on FB that main part was near the RedZone.  I don't know if that's true or how they even knew though.

Thank you for the image I did see that when I purchased the tickets and when I saw sec 111 it said behind stage and they were only 70 dollars. Is the info on tickets wrong or the image if by the image we are to determine that the main end is by the red zone closer to 105, I'm confused. But thanks anyway.

I think sometimes people might want to frame the question this way, where will Larry and Adam be set up? Because that chart does not make that clear.

Yeah, it's a very interesting stage.  My theory is (and it's just that, my crazy idea that I came up with) that Larry's drum riser will rotate like it did last tour and that the stage will be like some crazy huge conveyor belt and the band will move up and down it and everyone gets a more intimate experience.

Judging from the map from San Jose, looks like the 'main' stage will be across from red zones ... So 112 would be behind.

Who knows. Not sure why San Jose would give a more detailed setup then MSG could. But guess it's up to the venues

There's now lots of evidence that the main stage is on the OTHER side of the RZ, NOT the same side.  Frjohnpicnic's post pretty much clinches it.  From the San Jose map, it looks like there will be a main stage (e.g., on the left side/other side from the RZs, for MSG.  In general, the other side from the RZs), a narrow catwalk that goes the length of the floor, and a "B-stage" around where the RZ is.

Yeah, it's a very interesting stage. My theory is (and it's just that, my crazy idea that I came up with) that Larry's drum riser will rotate like it did last tour and that the stage will be like some crazy huge conveyor belt and the band will move up and down it and everyone gets a more intimate experience.

I read that it actually might be something like this on another site! Whatever it is I'm sure it will be awesome.

Ticketmaster has a map where you can choose your seats -- I tried to do that of available $312 seats and it made me choose to use Best Choice.  I made the assumption that the stage would be closest to the red zone (right side) and bought the section 109 tickets offered.

I really think that if a band as big as U2 cannot pressure Ticketmaster to work the way it is supposed to and show you an accurate view of where your seats will be in relationship to the stage, no one can.  This is the band that built and deployed three 360 stages using countless semis, crews, etc -- I think their fans deserve a little bit better from them.

Seriously disappointed, and not how I want to feel after putting over $600 on my credit card.

But you don't know that the main stage won't be the by the Redzone either? I'd think that the Redzone is going to be getting pretty good show so sitting across by them should still be okay. Or at least not worry/be mad about it until there is actual evidence to do so- after reports from the Vancouver shows. JMHO

I still don't see an answer to this question?  The scalper sites have the stage located on a map -- WHY WOULD THEY HAVE THAT BEFORE THE FANS!  I am seriously thinking of canceling my tickets.  

Edited by jenskar

No solid answer because nobody, including scalpers (who likely took an educated guess and put the stage on their map)knows for sure and probably will not for awhile.

why would there be a red zone **furthest away** from the stage?  I'd assume it's close to the stage.  I tried for that and saw that it was over $300 but decided to spoil myself anyway. However, my computer froze or Ticketmaster crashed so I wound up getting GA floor tix.

Thanks everyone ... when I remember my first U2 show was at MSG in the nosebleed seats and I could not see a darn thing but I wept when they played I Will Follow ... I think whatever happens on the 23rd will be just fine.  I'm moving into the "getting excited" mode.

all questions regarding stage layout need to see the San Jose map, it has the most detail regarding stage layout.  (http://sapcenter.s3.amazonaws.com/img/U2-Seating-Chart.jpg)  Note, this is flipped compared to most maps which are showing RZ on the right, but you need to match up section numbers to know for sure.  I find it interesting that the density allowances are noted on the map (5sqft/ticket in the GA areas). You can see there are only 100 RZ tickets and ~2100 GA tickets.

There are two stages, one at each end of the arena with a catwalk down the center. The Ticketmaster maps only show the catwalk and the RZ. Considering all the information posted in various threads, the RZ is adjacent to the secondary stage and those claiming obstructed seat designations are opposite the RZ locations thus behind the main stage. This is why it is believed that the RZ will be opposite the main stage and adjacent to the satellite stage.  Based on how they've done things in the past, they will probably spend 50% of the time on the main, 30% on the satellite and 20% on the catwalk. Of course those numbers will vary depending on the band member (almost no Larry on the catwalk, 40%+ Bono on the catwalk).

Edited by finz_89

Whree you pull that San Jose one from brother?  One ticketmaster they San Jose has the same setup as evryone else, a big rectangle across the length of the floor.  That's what I think will happen.  As for behind the stage. I got sec 112 at MSG, they say "behind the stage" but I feel that is a generic thing since most concerta at MSG set up with the stage at that end.  This one looks like it's gonna be wide open with Larry in the middle maybe.....

The San Jose map may be exactly right for San Jose but other sites have the map as its laid out for MSG. Right now, it's too early to assume anything. Yes, San Jose has a more detailed map, but it is the only one of its kind. I really don't think the band would have pulled  bait and switch by not spelling out exactly where the stage is for ticket buyers. 

Well, I did buy two singles for each of the final shows, which will be amazing seats if there is an end stage where it usually is... so we shall see.

Sign in to follow this