Sign in to follow this  
heili

Do you think U2 will play some of their old songs on 2015 tour?

I recon about 5 or 6 on the first night shows from the new album, second night shows maybe 2 or 3 ?

Ah...yes. This could be like ZooTV, where they start with 6 or 7 from Somgs of Innocence, then dig into thei catalog, with encores from Songs of Experience... Oh... And please finally play Acrobat. We can dream out loud!

Edited by pao6cs

I wouldn't mind hearing some rarities again like Your Blue Room or Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me :)

My sense is the new songs will be Miracle,Wave, Song for Someone, Volcano, and maybe Iris, Cedarwood, then you have the musts of Streets, Pride, WOWY,Beautiful Day, One. That should leave you about 15 others that I think will vary by night. I know Bono has always wanted to re-sing the Boy album after he "learned" to sing. So some Innocence and a night of Boy would be quite interesting.

I think it's safe to say that there will be a handful of "classics" tossed in the setlist. I think I'll die if they perform "All I Want is You"

I hope they perform some of the earliest stuff! It would be relevant to the theme, since the songs from the new album are written are written about that time and the years leading up to it. I would like to hear the Electric Co. and Stories For Boys!! And some of the other early stuff that wasn't on Boy! Like Life On A Distant Planet, even just a snippet of it. I don't know if they're that proud of some of those songs now, since they wrote them when they were only just starting to learn, but I bet many of us would love to hear them live again!

I think it's safe to say that there will be a handful of "classics" tossed in the setlist. I think I'll die if they perform "All I Want is You"

That song is one of my favorites! 

Life on a Distant Planet,,,, that would be wild. How about 11 O'Clock Tick Tock or A Celebration, Party Girl that would be crazy!

That song is one of my favorites! 

It was very nearly our wedding song. But then a few weeks before we heard Here, There, Everywhere by The Beatles and it just seemed perfect for us.

I think the real question is is this a tour for one album or two... the tour seems to be named for the hinted-at "Songs of Experience" follow-up, so if that drops before the tour, that will really impact the setlist...

Then again, if I had a nickel for every supposed soon-to-be-released U2 follow-up album, well... OK, I'd only have a dollar or two, but you get the idea...

I reckon they'll play some old stuff but it will be mainly the new album. Maybe even the whole album straight through!

Like nearly every tour it will be a mix. Would love to see Bad make its way into a few set lists, but I suppose with a catalogue this deep, you can't please everyone.

I think it will be SOI heavy over two nights,,, think most of the SOI album will be played and some songs twice as EBW and SFS will be acoustically played as well as electric. Im up for the new songs and maybe some not played on 360, that would be ideal. And changes along the way from each leg.

i reckon on any given night, they will do about 7-8 songs from new album and 15 from the back catalogue

Can safely say U2 won't be performing Lemon ! I just had a look through U2's last 3 tours played In Glasgow and the most songs they played from a New album at the time was 6. Obviously they could just decide and play the entire Innocence album but judging by their history id be surprised come the night they play more than 6 from the latest album.

Can't believe the Vertigo Tour is almost 10 years old.

Edited by mullet86

Hope they dont finish with moment of surrender as it was a real low point to finish show with it just didnt work .Hope they play ultraviolet as it was awesome live on 360 

One thing I think we can be fairly sure of is that there will be very little from No Line On The Horizon.

They seem to have a real downer on that based on recent interviews. 

One thing I think we can be fairly sure of is that there will be very little from No Line On The Horizon.

Yup. I reckon we might get Magnificent a few times, and hopefully (though not counting on it) Moment of Surrender, but no more than that.

Well at least they have a higher chance than Pop :(

Well at least they have a higher chance than Pop :(

good as the album nloth was virtually tuneless in my opinion where some of the songs from pop were very good live 

They loved NLOTH or they would not have released it. It just didn't have hits and they are an album band. Music industry has changed. They are trying their best but the new generation doesn't understand that. Their fan base is crazy loyal for a 35 year old band and they have more young fans than other old bands but I think they are trying to get an audience that does not exist in the same way anymore.

They loved NLOTH or they would not have released it. It just didn't have hits and they are an album band. Music industry has changed. They are trying their best but the new generation doesn't understand that. Their fan base is crazy loyal for a 35 year old band and they have more young fans than other old bands but I think they are trying to get an audience that does not exist in the same way anymore.

I agree. From what Bono's been saying, as soon as they decide they can no longer achieve relevancy with young people, they're going to pack it in. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Is relevancy really so important, when to be relevant now you have to be something totally different to what music was 20 years ago? I guess it'll be the band's decision, at the end of the day...

I'm going night 1, so I def hope for some songs off Boy and maybe even October.

Sign in to follow this