Sign in to follow this  
Anibal

Ticketmaster Presale Ticket + U2 Subscription package

Hi,

I totally got confused with dates/times so I browsed Ticketmaster and the presale was happening already. So I got in panic, and since there was the option to buy tickets and to pay for the U2 subscription at the same time, I thought that was the best thing to do before the tickets (GA ticket) got pulled by someone else. So I bought just ONE GA ticket for Los Angeles #1 hoping to use "my new subscription/code" to buy ONE more ticket for one of the Phoenix shows. But after buying the ticket for LA, I received the confirmation of the purchase but nothing about my U2 subscription or "my code". So as of now, I'm unable to pull the other ticket for the Phoenix show because I'm literally unsubscribed/non-paid member. Is there anything I can do? I didn't know that I was not going to receive the U2 subscription code nor that it was a "one time" presale purchase... I should have bought two tix for LA instead :(

Thanks.

Edited by Anibal

Hi,

I totally got confused with dates/times so I browsed Ticketmaster and the presale was happening already. So I got in panic, and since there was the option to buy tickets and to pay for the U2 subscription at the same time, I thought that was the best thing to do before the tickets (GA ticket) got pulled by someone else. So I bought just ONE GA ticket for Los Angeles #1 hoping to use "my new subscription/code" to buy ONE more ticket for one of the Phoenix shows. But after buying the ticket for LA, I received the confirmation of the purchase but nothing about my U2 subscription or "my code". So as of now, I'm unable to pull the other ticket for the Phoenix show because I'm literally unsubscribed/non-paid member. Is there anything I can do? I didn't know that I was not going to receive the U2 subscription code nor that it was a "one time" presale purchase... I should have bought two tix for LA instead :(

Thanks.

anyone else in this position offer any advice? - 

In your ticket master account / email receipt (if you received one), is there not a code or link to redeem your U2.com subscription?

Hmmm... I just purchased tickets for Night 1 Chicago and was NOT required to pay for subscription nor did I have to enter a code.  The option was presented to me to pay an additional $50 for the Fan Club membership but obviously was of no use since I am already a member and used my code yesterday for Night 2 Chicago.

Looking back at TM you are able to buy the subscription which allows the purchase of 2 pre-sale tickets.  I believe you issue is you only bought 1 so how do you purchase the other for a different show? I would check you U2.Com account to see if a code appears.

I believe my scenario which I was able to purchase tickets, offer no code, nor having to sign up for U2.Com may be a glitch now that I am looking back at it...

i ended up with two subscriptions!!!

got a code through renewing subscription through u2 website. no tickets left. clicked different link and got tickets without a code but it took out another membership.

Well, I'm still waiting for the U2 subscription e-mail from Ticketmaster of from whatever source is supposed to send it. Anyway, I just read the little text at the bottom of the email AFTER I made the purchase, which is upsetting (I'm highlighting in red the important info and making the text bigger):

Total Charges:  $137.20       Thank you for purchasing a U2.com Subscription. You will receive a separate email from Ticketmaster within 7 business days of your purchase, containing information on how to redeem your membership. Once you receive the email, please register your membership on U2.com, where you can choose between the two package options included in your purchase. If you do not receive your email within the stated time period, or have questions related to your ticket purchase, please call 1-800-653-8000 or email customer_support@ticketmaster.com.

I was hoping to use my "code" (for one unused ticket) to join this weekend's pre-sale but no email yet :'(.... and they just have not replied to my email yet asking about it...

Sign in to follow this