Sign in to follow this  
bonovoxportland

RZ Boston - Merry Christmas Kids!

8th U2 show and maybe psyched up for this one the most. Sat night Boston, 4 RZ tickets. I indoctrinated my Wife into U2 obsession years ago and we've been to several shows together since. My kids are now old enough (15 and 12 at the time of the show), so their first U2 show will be in the RZ (spoiling them for life). I have always done GA on the more recent tours. Those of you with more RZ experience, please give me some info. Seems like in the past there has been bar and restrooms inside the RZ. True? If you don't show up for the opening act, are the sight lines still likely Ok? I am 6' tall, but my youngest will be probably 5' by the show. Anything else I should know about RZ and kids?

Can't wait!

I've done Red Zone -- although you don't have to get there as early -- I'd get there a couple hours early at least (I think I got there around 3ish and was there first so I was on railing).  I can't remember if you have your "own" bathrooms but you can get in and out of your own entrance to the barricade easily and everyone was always nice about letting back to your "spot."  It's much roomier.  I've been seated in GA, lower bowl, and Red Zone.  Red Zone was my favorite!  Have fun with the kids!  :)  

I've done Red Zone -- although you don't have to get there as early -- I'd get there a couple hours early at least (I think I got there around 3ish and was there first so I was on railing).  I can't remember if you have your "own" bathrooms but you can get in and out of your own entrance to the barricade easily and everyone was always nice about letting back to your "spot."  It's much roomier.  I've been seated in GA, lower bowl, and Red Zone.  Red Zone was my favorite!  Have fun with the kids!  :)

Thanks angryduck71 - enjoy the tour!

I got it for 7/31 NYC. Were others there as early as you?

I did Phoenix RZ in '09. From memory I got there at maybe 4'ish, around half an hour before gates opened. When I arrived there was a decent sized line. There is still a bit of competition for a rail spot, I ended up on the rail, but a little more side on, the more central spots were taken straight away. I'd recommend a rail for a 12 year old, better sight lines & something to hold on to. So you might have to get there a little early, or you could get lucky & have someone give up their rail for a child, but I wouldn't count on it.

Last time there were fold down chairs at the back of RZ, which could be good for the kids while waiting. The bathrooms were port-a-loo toilets, outside RZ, but inside the stadium, & not far. There was a bar, which was serving drinks before the show (& maybe merchandise from memory). Not sure what was available, as I just drink water at concerts.

Looks like RZ will be much smaller for the arena shows. You're all going to love it!

Edited by ddarroch

Ok, good to know, thanks. Guess I'll still try to get there somewhat early, since it'll be smaller.

Sign in to follow this