Sign in to follow this  
Tracy M

Ticket limit question Presale + Public Sale

Can anyone tell me what the hell is going on with Ticketmaster and the ticket limits? Firstly, TM had said on THURSDAY that there was a 4 ticket limit for the first day of public onsale (Monday) and then an 8-ticket limit after that. TODAY, it says there is a 4-ticket limit for Monday and then NO LIMIT after that. WTF?

Secondly - and more importantly - I need to understand 2 things before tomorrow morning:

1. When they say ticket limit per EVENT, does that mean it is a limit of 4 tickets PER SHOW (therefore, 4 each for July 6 & July 7 in TO), or across the tour?

2. If I have 2 presale tickets for Tuesday, am I allowed to get only 2 more tickets for that night, or can I actually get 4 more tickets because it is a different type of sale?

I do not have any issue with there being limits - I just want to know that I am doing it right so that I don't have tickets being cancelled. I want to surprise my kids who are away at school (and cannot afford to get tickets on their own when they are paying for university) and my husband has a colleague at work who has fallen in love with U2 because she hears him playing his iPod in his office all the time - and we want her and husband to come with us.

I have been trying to get TM on the phone for three days - constant busy signal. I tried emailing TM as well, but they have not responded.

Thanks in advance.

You are asking the million dollar question. I emailed ™ too.  This has been discussed in other threads and no one seems to know.  Apparently it *shouldn't* be a problem to get 4 more on the public sale after getting your pre-sale but I haven't seen a 100% yes on that.  And I am still wondering how the 4 tickets work as well - per show? Per credit card?  If anyone finds out we all would love to know!

I am fairly confident in the 4 ticket "per show" part. For Vertigo, I had 8 tickets each for 2 different Toronto nights, plus 2 tickets for NYC. My kids were in senior elementary back then and they had teachers who loved U2 as much as us.... and had me get tix for them because they couldn't very well walk out of the classroom at 10 a.m. to do it themselves. Just bringing my kids means I need four tix, and now they have significant others.......

FINALLY got someone on the phone at ticketmaster. I'm told that if you have 2 tix already for one show, you are permitted to get 2 more for the same show, AND 4 for the other night.

Not to complicate things, but I think Tracy M's info is too conservative (TM reps are, unfortunately, often not well informed on their own policies).  I've had tons of experience w/TM (especially w/U2--dozens of shows on several tours), and the presale vs. general onsale limits have always been completely independent--rather than the general onsale limit being the sum of presale plus general onsale, as this TM rep seemed to imply. 

Actually Mike, I would agree with you....because that is what I always understood as well...but because TM doesn't seem to know what the hell they are doing, I am afraid to chance it!

And you're right- the woman I talked to didn't her you-know-what from a hole in the ground.

I should have added that the TM woman repeated several times that the ticket limits are PER HOUSEHOLD.

I should have added that the TM woman repeated several times that the ticket limits are PER HOUSEHOLD.

I purchased two tickets for the Tuesday show with my presale code on Friday.

I then purchased four tickets for the Monday show during the public onsale today.

I used the same credit card for all orders.  Should be OK, right?  I'm within the limit for each show/presale, and no one else in my household purchased ANY tickets.  Hadn't even crossed my mind that there might be a ticket limit issue until I saw this thread.

Than you Tracy for looking into this.

I purchased 2 presale and one general with the same credit card.  I am awaiting the day when the "delayed delivery" is removed from my ticket conformation!

Yes, you will be fine as long as you do not exceed 4 tickets per SHOW. We have 4 tickets each for both Monday and Tuesday, (2 thru presale and 6 thru regular) and that is Ok.

Sign in to follow this