Sign in to follow this  
lpingb

New Shows? / Added / When / How Discussion (MERGED)

Assuming they add shows tomorrow are they going to release the new shows and tickets right away or have another round of presales?  They have extra days after shows and im guessing they are going to wait until the first two days are sold before they add another two days.  I just cant see them going on tour and having four shows in the month of June and not adding anything.

If I remember back to the 360 ticket release they added shows during the public sale for each leg and then had another presale when an additional leg would come along.

Too early to know...

Please keep checking the site and the board - When there is information about this, it will be published...

Im sure tomorrow will be an adventure....Hope they add shows with a presale....I like how they have the tickets locked down more, must be giving the scalpers fits...

It wouldn't be fair for the one who used the presale code to get tickets for any of the shows announced, I think the best is let the fans to get extra tickets (2 again) for any of the new shows to be announce.. 

Edited by sylviav

As far as I remember on previous tours, Elevation, Vertigo, 360 the extra dates have just appeared throughout the day, so unfortunately you really have to take the day off work and sit at the computer awaiting  that moment.

It's a bit of a nightmare but the good thing a lot less people dedicate a day to watching a website !!!  So you can normally find it easier to get GA's for instance.

It wouldn't be fair for the one who used the presale code to get tickets for any of the shows announced, I think the best is let the fans to get extra tickets (2 again) for any of the new shows to be announce.. 

The extra nights are put on for the people who didn't get tickets in the onsale the first time around, if we've already used our presale codes then we already have tickets. In 360 we only got 1 presale code per year.

If I was a betting man, I'd put $312 on them adding four more MSG shows.  There were rumors before they even officially announced the tour that there would be 8 shows.  An astute fan posted in another thread that there is a break in the sequence of the ID numbers for the shows, that indicates that there will be the 8 shows.

I hope this is true because it makes a lot more GAs available IF they give us another code which I am hoping they do.  I hope so because it sounds like a lot of fans were not able to get GAs this time round and the presale was a disaster with Ticketmaster.

I saw that and am hoping. Took 4 horrible seats and am hoping that I have hope of some decent seats or even better redzone. Willing to pay money for good seats. Last tour I feel like they put on sale same day.

I hope this is true because it makes a lot more GAs available IF they give us another code which I am hoping they do.  I hope so because it sounds like a lot of fans were not able to get GAs this time round and the presale was a disaster with Ticketmaster.u

Not having a go at you, but I think it would be entirely unfair to give people another presale code to use if they used their original one already. A lot of people were left disappointed after the original presale of not even being able to use their code thanks to ticketmaster.

hoping they add a 7/24 at msg

Believe me, they wont stop until everyone that wants to pay for a ticket this tour gets their chance....Not to mention, this isn't going to be the only leg.  A stadium leg in the spring/summer of 2016 with newer music is on tap...and then  they'll likely close the whole thing out in Europe with a few Croke Park gigs ending it all in late summer 2016.  

If I was a betting man, I'd put $312 on them adding four more MSG shows.  There were rumors before they even officially announced the tour that there would be 8 shows.  An astute fan posted in another thread that there is a break in the sequence of the ID numbers for the shows, that indicates that there will be the 8 shows.

I'd bet they're waiting to see how sales are in first NY shows. At my last look, only 1st night had sold out.  Personally, I think they need to add 2 Atlanta shows in the mix somewhere!

Got completely shut out of Boston 2 this morning, realized too late I should have went through the app from the get go, oh well hoping like anything they'll add more Boston shows!

Is it me, or did they NOT add shows.  At work and busy here but struck out in Chicago and NY. 

Are the shows sold out or are the pricey lowers still not selling?

I notice that 3 of the 4 MSG shows still have the $300+ tickets available.  I think they made a mistake pricing them that high as I'm not sure they will all sell out and if they don't, I'm assuming no more shows.

I just finished reading the thread about $300+ tickets and it seems that there are loads of tickets available at the price point. I wonder if they have held off announcing new shows until they get most of the announced shows sold out.

...will be interesting, though. I figure most of the people who would pay $300 for a single ticket would buy on day 1 so I wonder how that factors into announcing additional dates.

They didn't add any new ones yet. That doesn't mean they won't be added, but it all depends on what's left after today.  The $300 ticket is a lot of money for almost everyone, especially during the holidays. I would still expect all the shows to sell out at some point.

When The Rolling Stones came to Milwaukee they were charging $400+ for seats.  A week before the show the venue was not even half filled.  I think that is what it's going to take to stop all this madness.  We are gonna have to refuse to pay the high prices and let them scramble to pick up the pieces.  The problem is there are always people who can pay the high prices no matter and they do not care about people who can not.  First time I saw Fleetwood Mac it was a stadium show.  Bob Welch, another act I cannot remember, Foreigner who were huge at the time and then Fleetwood Mac.  It cost $11.50.   sigh.   Laughing but I have to skip Fleetwood Mac to go to U2.  Lindsey Buckingham is my favorite rock guitarist and it's sad but U2 wins over anyone.

Yeah, seems clear that having so many tix at the top price-point is slowing down the sellouts, for sure.  They really should have had maybe half as many tix at the max price than they do (e.g., no max price tix at the 2nd level!).  That said, both Chicago shows are basically sold out right now--just a few tix left besides the "resale" tix (which have already been sold, obviously).  And the NYC shows are getting down to it as well, I think.

Maybe (and unfortunately) the price point was higher so that there are less shows and more demand and they have no intention of adding more.

Maybe (and unfortunately) the price point was higher so that there are less shows and more demand and they have no intention of adding more.

I am kind of leaning that way myself. But who knows? Anything is possible.

They are older now and they may want a tour that will allow them some time for rest between shows. 

As many have said, the large number of max price ($300) tix is almost certainly slowing down sellouts/adding shows, big-time.

Sign in to follow this