Sign in to follow this  
lpingb

New Shows? / Added / When / How Discussion (MERGED)

I hope this is true because it makes a lot more GAs available IF they give us another code which I am hoping they do.  I hope so because it sounds like a lot of fans were not able to get GAs this time round and the presale was a disaster with Ticketmaster.u

Not having a go at you, but I think it would be entirely unfair to give people another presale code to use if they used their original one already. A lot of people were left disappointed after the original presale of not even being able to use their code thanks to ticketmaster.

I agree, quite a few people have been saying that people who have already used their presale code should get an extra code to go to more shows, and I cannot see at all how this would be fair. An additional code would be useless to people who still have their presale code because I'm pretty sure that Ticketmaster's 2 ticket cap goes by credit card details and Ticketmaster account names, as well as the codes themselves, so a person with 2 codes would only be able to use 1 of them. If anyone has not used their presale yet, they won't need a second code for upcoming presales, as our codes will be valid for all the presales happening in 2014 for 2015 shows. I did not use my code in the presale as U2.com informed fans that they were to abstain from using their code if they wanted access to the Dublin presale. If we end up being limited to 2 presale tickets while everyone who used up their code already gets twice as many, I'll be pretty ticked off to say the least. :lol:

Ignoring other possible problems/issues w/giving extra codes, Faye_Kelly's concern about the TM "2 ticket cap" would likely not be an issue--it would simply be increased to 4 on TM (and those who've already gotten 2 presale tix would have 2 left).  So I don't think this is a TM issue/problem.

Anyone remember how the first US leg of the Vertigo tour shaped up as far as any additional shows that were announced with presales? 

I thought all of the extra shows in that first leg were added the same day of the public sale, and that it was only the second leg that had the next round of presale opportunities.

Ignoring other possible problems/issues w/giving extra codes, Faye_Kelly's concern about the TM "2 ticket cap" would likely not be an issue--it would simply be increased to 4 on TM (and those who've already gotten 2 presale tix would have 2 left).  So I don't think this is a TM issue/problem.

I know they could increase it to 4, and I would be extremely happy if they did... it would mean I could get presale tickets to both nights in Dublin for my boyfriend and I, rather than just the first night. I guess I'd be worried about whether Ticketmaster would actually think to implement this or not, since most fans have already used up their code. But I suppose if they do release another code, Irish fans will be quick to start making posts making sure that word gets back to Ticketmaster to get the cap changed... I certainly would be! :lol:

But I do think it's extremely unlikely that they'll give us another code for the 2015 gigs. From the band's perspective, there's not much justification for it. Plus there are a lot of non-subscribing members and other fans not on this site who will be trying to get into the onsale... giving all the fanclub ones a second code is going to make it even harder for those on the outside to have any tickets left over. And, after all, they have been pretty clear that they want to attract new fans... so filling the arena with all the same fanclub members night after night is probably what they're hoping won't happen.

But yeah, if we can get another 2 ticket code with a 4 ticket purchase cap, I'll be pretty happy to get into both iNNOCENCE and eXPERIENCE nights in Dublin. :)

Is there definitely a stadium leg planned for 2016 or is that just heresay?

Yes, it's definite.  Edge (and maybe some other U2 folks) said so.  Of course, I guess they could change their mind (until it's actually set up).

I had read something a while back where promoters were planning Croke Park for 2016.  I hope so because I'd be down for visiting Ireland in the summer again.  I'm not gonna make any indoor shows in November next year. 

Let's definitely not request extra dates for Croke Park...

Anyone remember how the first US leg of the Vertigo tour shaped up as far as any additional shows that were announced with presales? 

I thought all of the extra shows in that first leg were added the same day of the public sale, and that it was only the second leg that had the next round of presale opportunities.

yup.

dates were added about an hour into general onsale. No new sites - just add'l dates.

Not convinced they will add dates for this leg now. GA obviously sold very well but a lot of the seats were slow to sell in the pre sale and the general sale.

I don't imagine they would announce more gig to sell GA and just have more and more empty seats.

Could be wrong though...

Not convinced they will add dates for this leg now. GA obviously sold very well but a lot of the seats were slow to sell in the pre sale and the general sale.

I don't imagine they would announce more gig to sell GA and just have more and more empty seats.

Could be wrong though...

Sadly I think you could right on this one.

Well, it's possible they might not add more, but both Chicago and Boston sold out within hours, and NYC is now close.  I'd say Chicago and Boston in particular are looking good for another pair of shows each...but we'll see, of course!

Is it me, or did they NOT add shows.  At work and busy here but struck out in Chicago and NY. 

Are the shows sold out or are the pricey lowers still not selling?

Literally 1 ticket (not a resale ticket) left for Chicago 1

Well, Chicago doesn´t have any tickets left besides resales....which are like 100 or something. Ridiculously expensive. Now I wish I had bought some seats on the presale and resale them today....but then, it didn´t occur to me on Saturday coz I am not an asshole XD 

Well, it's possible they might not add more, but both Chicago and Boston sold out within hours, and NYC is now close.  I'd say Chicago and Boston in particular are looking good for another pair of shows each...but we'll see, of course!

I am sure they will add Chicago shows. I am surprised they haven't yet as there are no seats available. There is also some time off before the Canadian shows. If I remember right they may take a break before Toronto as they have before. Chicago may have to wait for extra shows on the third leg???

Usually dates are added within hours to capitalise on demand - NYC selling out in over 24 hours (probably due to seating prices) I would say doesn't indicate a huge demand in my opinion, I think the dates are likely sufficient.

Usually dates are added within hours to capitalise on demand - NYC selling out in over 24 hours (probably due to seating prices) I would say doesn't indicate a huge demand in my opinion, I think the dates are likely sufficient.

There's demand, just not at $312 for what used to be MSG's 300 section in the first 24 hours of the general sale.  They've got 7 months until the show dates.  The NYC shows will sell out or come close enough to justify additional shows.  

And then I can have a ticketmaster-related headache all over again.

There's demand, just not at $312 for what used to be MSG's 300 section in the first 24 hours of the general sale.  They've got 7 months until the show dates.  The NYC shows will sell out or come close enough to justify additional shows.  

I'd tend to agree that the prospects for more NYC shows are dicey, particularly if they don't sell out for a while.  In all the previous tours I can remember, shows have only been added when the originally scheduled show(s) not only sold out, but sold out quickly.  NYC is close now, but not there yet.

That said, Chicago and Boston DID sell out within a few hours, so they're maybe looking good--although I'm a bit surprised that they haven't already added them.

Edited by mike7man

I'd tend to agree that the prospects for more NYC shows are dicey, particularly if they don't sell out for a while.  In all the previous tours I can remember, shows have only been added when the originally scheduled show(s) not only sold out, but sold out quickly.  NYC is close now, but not there yet.

That said, Chicago and Boston DID sell out within a few hours, so they're maybe looking good--although I'm a bit surprised that they haven't already added them.

Barcelona show still left for sale tomorrow, so maybe they are waiting for that before listing new European and American dates.

However, I still think it will be minimal dates added. Like you said I'd say more of a chance Boston and Chicago getting another two shows rather then NY and LA.

Wow this tread took off.  Yeah at 300 each and this economy, they are going to have a very hard time.  If top end ticket was $200-$250, people would be all over it.

What are the odds they release some shows and give us all another 2 tickets on our code?

Edited by Lori2

Wow this tread took off.  Yeah at 300 each and this economy, they are going to have a very hard time.  If top end ticket was $200-$250, people would be all over it.

What are the odds they release some shows and give us all another 2 tickets on our code?

Yeah, the top price is a problem--particularly since so many tix for each show are top price (IMHO, at least 50%-100% more than there should be).  And like folks are saying, I'm hard pressed to see how any US locations besides Chicago and Boston have any serious chance for more shows.  I'd also say NYC's chances for any further shows are rapidly declining--MSG 2, 3, & 4 are still not sold out (2 & 3 still have c. 200+ full-price 200-level seats; 4 more like 100+ of the same).

And (see other threads) the chances of getting another 2 tix on the presale codes is probably not great, which has both pros and cons, I suppose.

Edited by mike7man

I hope they add more dates so the people trying to resale tickets can't sell them. I can't believe the prices they are charging. For one of the NY concerts Ticketmaster is reselling a couple of GA at $1,200 each!! That's is just absurd and stupid. 

100% AGREED - And I had to pay $312 for 4 of those 300 level seats this morning - not really happy - The thing that I find the most difficult to swallow in all this is not just the high price point of lower 1 and part of upper 2 being the same price at MSG (it really is terrible- the new 200 level at MSG is way up there), its the fact that the band came out with the show announcement indicating "pairs of shows" that fans should attend. How is it really possible for people to go to a pair of shows realistically at those prices? Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining - I want to go so I will have to pay up - I did get GA for Boston in the presale so that will be great and I saved some cash there. But it's hard to say which shows to choose if you want to get the full effect of seeing a "pair" as the band seems to want us to do to get a true experience. I would love to get another night at MSG but all that I could pull were $300+ seats with 3 devices working while staring at the wheel of doom while trying to look like I was working at my desk today - Now I will wait to see if others are added - or catch the resellers for cheap on showday-

Maybe it's just me but eight shows in a row in one city is a bit absurd.

If I weren't a 15-minute subway ride from MSG, I would totally agree with you... ;-)

just because they have 8 concert ID's set aside for NY and LA doesn't mean they have to do 4 more if they do any extra at all.

It's pretty expensive to just have a tour sitting in a parking lot for a week...

agree that the demand in boston is significant for the band, but it is also likely fueled by the more reasonable prices for good upper level seats.  l don't believe any upper levels were priced at $300 like LA and NYC.  unfortunately, the prime lower sections in boston were mostly $600 VIP seats which is really outrageous. but not surprised that those sold.   I got my seat directly above those sections.  still closer up there than just about any seat in a stadium, so I'm ultimately happy how it worked out.  certainly hope springsteen didn't have a conversation with the boys last week about how much he could charge for tickets when he tours again ;-)   this process was much smoother than any springsteen onsale in recent years, so very thankful for the opportunity to join the club, buy tix in advance, and get a couple of cool items to boot!  cheers all!!!

Edited by hobbes4444

Sign in to follow this