Sign in to follow this  
Nawlins

Come on ticketmaster

Well at least you got something. Enjoy!

Agreed. Feel like an old person saying "back in the day it was so easy......"

Glad we got something anyway I hate to say it but to be honest it is almost worth waiting till the day before a show and hitting stub hub or the like. At least you can pick exactly where you want to sit - they can't get more than 1 1/2 times price on most of these tix - especially the $320 - most people will not  buy them at higher levels- so those who wait till the shows may fare OK - I agree with back in the day $15 - waiting online for tix -  and who cares - you are in. My daughter went to a concert at Terminal 5 in NYC this weekend - 16 years old - GA and thousands of people on line - and this is not a band you would know - its crazy for everyone!

I remember the days of receiving 4 complimentary tickets, hospitality passes and photo passes from Propaganda just because of the silly fanzine I used to produce.  Oh well...progress!  meh.

The other thing to remember is to always check Ticketmaster at or near the time of the show. 

Many, many times in the past I have scored face value U2 tickets less than 12 hours before the show.

Keep checking Ticketmaster.

Hey All,

Been reading the posts while waiting for my TM pages to load up with tickets. Despite frustration with the computer, I had success securing a pair of 200s each to 7/19 and 7/23 at MSG through the TM phone app. The whole process took an hour and a half, and lots and lots of refreshing, reloading, and attempting for all four shows.

That said, Zoo community, don't be discouraged if you can't get the tickets in the first few minutes. Perseverance is key!!!!

Best of luck,

Andrew

This makes me so mad I could spit. Chicago show 2...And this is on the ticketmaster reseller site. 

post-291807-0-93910200-1418058160_thumb.jpg

wow...just did a practice run for general vancouver night 2.  chose phoenix as I have to think that is the softest market.  got in at 10am on the nose.  nothing available.  except for resale tickets of course.  hilarious.

that  U2.com membership was $50 well spent.  the general sale is a joke.

Just got two tickets in section 213 for MSG on Wed July 22 through the ticketmaster app. I went from looking for 4 tix to looking for 2. Nothing coming up for 4, but singles and doubles starting coming up so I grabbed them.

Whats up with these ridiculous prices on this re sell thing on Ticketmaster ?  Do people really think they can get that much or do people really pay that ?

I have a hard time understanding how a legit ticket agency can actually do that legally on their website (regardless of who sets the price).  I know its likely related to "if i can beat em, might as well join them"…scalpers that is.

But still….seriously ?

People that desperate to pay those numbers?

It's one thing to offer the tickets for those prices, but another thing to buy them!

Scalpers ony have a ob because people buy those tickets.

I'm a huge fan, but won't pay that crazy prices!

There are other ways to make sure your attending at least one show.

Whats up with these ridiculous prices on this re sell thing on Ticketmaster ?  Do people really think they can get that much or do people really pay that ?

I have a hard time understanding how a legit ticket agency can actually do that legally on their website (regardless of who sets the price).  I know its likely related to "if i can beat em, might as well join them"…scalpers that is.

But still….seriously ?

Yeah, they are offering "platinum" seats that are not reseller tickets in section 102 and 103 (118 dollar seats) for $400-$450.

I got fed up and shelled out $312 for a 17th row ticket in section 105!  The only plus is it's seat 1.  I now have tickets for all four MSG shows.  Two level 2 seats, one level 1 seat and a red zone ticket.  I will also be buying a Charlie Brown Christmas tree and my family can expect soap on a rope for Christmas.

So many fans in here trying with no luck yet tickets are for resale on ticketmaster and the top price is over $10,000.  I'll swipe my card, do a jig with no prior knowledge how, dance naked out on the street, fast for days, etc, etc, to put a stop to scalping.  $10,000 a seat and ticketmaster has them on their site while in the window above, it says no tickets available to those currently searching.

If ticketmaster wants to allow resale then they should put a cap on how much a person can increase the price.  This is ridiculous.  Fricking scalpers.

For what its worth , MSG for WED nite is still available on app - 200 levels cheap and expensive keep coming up - other shows show sold out

Edited by nitz1

For what its worth , MSG for WED nite is still available on app - 200 levels cheap and expensive keep coming up - other shows show sold out

You mean 'cheaper' not 'cheap'.  ;)

You mean 'cheaper' not 'cheap'.   ;)

Riiiiight - I paid 320 for some pretty poor seats as far as I am concerned -

I had 2 computers and the app on my phone going. Took 47 minutes, but was able to get 1 in NY for Wed show through the app. Very frustrating with the whole 15min-4min-15min spinning wheel thing.

Does anybody think that using multiple devices through one ticketmaster account might slow the process down even more, or does that not even factor into play??

Well if all 4 nights at MSG are not sold out as of 12:30pm - 2 1/2 hours in to sale, then I am guessing the people who bought lots of tickets for resale are in for a surprise People are not going to be shelling out 2-3 times face I bet you could wait till day before show and score great seats for face

But still….seriously ?

Yeah, they are offering "platinum" seats that are not reseller tickets in section 102 and 103 (118 dollar seats) for $400-$450.

Ticketmaster is an oxymoron.  They are supposedly doing this to control scalping.  One of the theories is that when one looks at the available seats map, they see that the scalpers prices are higher than the original ticket value.  Okay.  Isn't it fairly obvious what the original ticket price is/was?  They must think we're all too stupid to check the price of tickets.  I just posted that seats are already over $10,000 for some resale seats on ticketmaster.  It's one nasty whirlpool of greed.  I'm calling my Senators and Congresswoman to complain and demand they introduce legislation to put an end to; or at least a cap on scalping.  Concerts are my favorite thing to do and it's become impossible to go to so many because just one costs so much.  It's out of control and the resale ticketing lobbyists are very powerful and have a lot of money to throw to our politicians here in America.  Greed is not good.  It sucks.

I hope everyone gets at least one show to see.

I had 2 computers and the app on my phone going. Took 47 minutes, but was able to get 1 in NY for Wed show through the app. Very frustrating with the whole 15min-4min-15min spinning wheel thing.

Does anybody think that using multiple devices through one ticketmaster account might slow the process down even more, or does that not even factor into play??

I honestly don't think it matters - the phone app is very well designed and quick - you don't have to waste time between screens, etc. plus its not windows based - Maybe thats a factor - Don't know how its working on apple laptops -I have an iphone - apple has it down

Got right in for msg 1 section 118 for 118 each.... Only to have been shot down in the end saying they could not process request. Got in again for section 213 row 2 for 315 each got another message saying could not process request. ...... Was charged and received tick insurance on both sets of tickets and have pending transactions on credit card..... Think I will getcthm???

7.18 appears to be sold out for pairs. Occassional $312 pairs show up. It's Saturday that's why.

7.19, 7.22 and 7.23 have $312/tx available.  Nothing cheaper.

My guess?? U2 has overpriced their tickets. They are still plenty of too expensive $300+ seats available. I wonder if they will add those supposed extra 4 dates to MSG...

7.18 appears to be sold out for pairs. Occassional $312 pairs show up. It's Saturday that's why.

7.19, 7.22 and 7.23 have $312/tx available.  Nothing cheaper.

My guess?? U2 has overpriced their tickets. They are still plenty of too expensive $300+ seats available. I wonder if they will add those supposed extra 4 dates to MSG...

I think they could have priced all them second level seats a lot better. Nearly paniced and bought them, but said I will wait and see if extra dates are added.

Couldn't justify paying nearly €2,000 in flights and accomadation, then to be disappointed with expensive and bad seats.

Sign in to follow this