Sign in to follow this  
JCF

US General Sale luck?

Keep trying folks.  Still getting offers of good seats at MSG for Sunday July 19 show.

I had better luck using the website vs the app today. The app was saying Phoenix 1 was sold out on the first try, but I got two GA's the first try via the website. The opposite was true when I used my fanclub code for the Phoenix 2 date.

Anyways, I'm very pleased with  my experience. I'm trying for some of the LA shows, but I'm sure those are more in demand than Phoenix.

PS --- If you minimize the app, you lose your place in line.

Got two GA to night two in San Jose on iphone App.  Nothing for night one so far on either app or desktop.

Right now there are Chicago GA seats for $1529.00!!  Since when does Ticketbastid allow scalping on their website.  In 40 years of concert going I guess it's now legal to actually scalp tickets on so called official ticket sites.  I've been at this too long to put up with this crud.  We need our money a lot more then multi-millionaire rock stars.

Edited by surrenders

Got a GA in general sale for Chicago...I also got one on the presale so does anyone know if I will be able to use the one I just got as my plus 1?

Edit: Meaning I can give it to my friend provided she goes in with me?

Yes!  She just needs to go in with you.

Just an FYI on our experience - my wife and I both had the website and the app open on our phones and started right at 10.  Took about 20 minutes to get through on the website and got our tix.  The app after about 30 said no tickets available.

So I really think saying one is better than the other isn't a definite answer.  I'd always try both and increase your odds (if possible).

I got GA's for the Vancouver shows during pre-sale, but had a heck of a time getting anything during public for my husband.  I ended up getting him something.  I guess that's better than nothing.

I really lucked out, had 2 browsers on the computer going as well as TM mobile app. Comp browsers spun for days... Was searching 1 GA for Boston 1 , after 5 were sorry messages from the App a GA came up, nothing on the computer, I went back in on the app and after numerous tries scored a 2nd GA all before anything hit on the computer. By the time the computer started giving results all I saw there was Balcony seating. The App really came through! Feeling very lucky today !

Right now there are Chicago GA seats for $1529.00!!  Since when does Ticketbastid allow scalping on their website.  In 40 years of concert going I guess it's now legal to actually scalp tickets on so called official ticket sites.  I've been at this too long to put up with this crud.  We need our money a lot more then multi-millionaire rock stars.

actually several states have relaxed restrictions on ticket reselling and now the only restriction is that you can resell for whatever price, but you can't do it within X feet of the venue. For my state there was a time where only businesses could resell for a profit.  They removed that law since it punished regular folks (who weren't the ones driving up demand artificially) and let the worst offenders (organized businesses) hold onto their monopoly market.

Boy, oh Boy, what a grind! After a 2 hour patience testing pre sale on Thursday, I got myself into another test with the General Sale today. This time I was at work, however, making it much more difficult to wait on TM's servers to pull up tickets. After much spinning, post-10:30am CST (11:30 EST) with my screen dimmer OFF (learned that the hard way), I managed to get 2 tix for $118 a pop for MSG 2. Sec 222, so maybe not the greatest (side stage, TM says), but after getting and tossing numerous $300 tickets, I was happy I was patient. Spent $300 each for 2 tickets for MSG 1 during the pre-sale, so there was no way I could justify a second splurge like that to myself let alone my loving wife (who is not a U2 fan at all but is coming with me anyway-after all U2 can happen to anyone!). I hope you all had luck, and enjoy the shows when they come around!

Just had a look at all MSG dates on Ticketmaster. There are plenty of $300 (200-level) seats available to those who can afford them. Most nights there are just a few singles, but Wednesday night still has a few pairs and even a row. Better to buy them that way than through scalpers!

Just looked at Boston Saturday night it's showing GA tickets available in case anyone missed on those.

Sign in to follow this