Sign in to follow this  
OB

What are the differences between the two shows?

I heard U2 are going to have two different shows so the back to back nights.

Does anybody have any info what these diferences are?

Thanks

My take is that each show has a different song set list. That's about it.

One show is more geared towards the songs of the new album and the other more a trip to the past albums. So the innocence + experience name.

I'm hoping to get seats for the last night in Chicago.  It seems to be the one they most likely do Bad.  It's been thirty years and I still cannot get enough of that song and want to see it live every time.

I would be let down as a fan to know there was a big difference between two nights as one of them is going to seem better than the other to many people no matter.

It seemed like what was said meant that the shows are not going to be as closely planned out as past tours.  I knew every move of at least the opening night in any city for the past several tours.  It was fine.  I loved the shows but wished I had not read about them because there were no surprises.  It seemed to me that they meant they are gonna mix it up more the way Springsteen does; no set set list.  If I went and it was all acoustic and the next one was electric I'd be disappointed.  I doubt they would do that as many people would be unhappy.  This all being said, I am so happy they are touring and fortunate to be going.

I would be let down as a fan to know there was a big difference between two nights as one of them is going to seem better than the other to many people no matter.

It is still U2 playing both nights, how bad can it be?! People can always find something to complain about if they try hard enough. It used to be what acoustic song Bono and Edge played on different nights, etc. 

I can't imagine they are going to rehearse the whole catalog and just go on the fly like Springsteen, though, seeing that U2 tend to put on more of a show than he does as far as multimedia, moving stages, and other things. So, if there are lighting, video, and other elements linked to certain songs, in certain orders, you lose some ability to just make it up as you go.

As a 30 plus year fan, I was determined to see both shows.  To be determined what will be different.  Probably nothing to crush the fan that sees "the wrong one" but my guess is it will be a little more than just different set lists.  I kind of feel like there will some kind of old club motif going on lots of Boy, but who knows.  Here is to 8 months of waiting!

I don't see them making a show very acoustic and the other electric. Honestly, I would be surprise if that is the case. What I can see is the setlist and the videos on the screen being different. Plus I think U2 don't want to make fans angry by having a huge disparity between the two nights. After all they only allowed 2 tickets for the most loyal fans and going alone to watch a concert is kind of depressing. I have done before but is much better when you have a family or friend next to you. 

Either way, I was able to get tickets for one night and if they come back to the USA for a second leg of the tour I will try to get another. 

I don't see them making a show very acoustic and the other electric. Honestly, I would be surprise if that is the case. What I can see is the setlist and the videos on the screen being different. Plus I think U2 don't want to make fans angry by having a huge disparity between the two nights. After all they only allowed 2 tickets for the most loyal fans and going alone to watch a concert is kind of depressing. I have done before but is much better when you have a family or friend next to you. 

Either way, I was able to get tickets for one night and if they come back to the USA for a second leg of the tour I will try to get another. 

There's nothing at all depressing about going to a concert by yourself.  You can't really talk to anyone during a show anyway and people who talk every time there is a quiet enough moment to (like during acoustic moments) are usually being d-bags and ruining the show for those around them.  Will be going to two nights back to back on my own and meeting some new friends during the 8 hours or more of line-up before the show!

There's nothing at all depressing about going to a concert by yourself.  You can't really talk to anyone during a show anyway and people who talk every time there is a quiet enough moment to (like during acoustic moments) are usually being d-bags and ruining the show for those around them.  Will be going to two nights back to back on my own and meeting some new friends during the 8 hours or more of line-up before the show!

I am not depressed about going alone at all.  I go to shows alone all the time because my friends are unwilling to pay the prices of tickets and many would not go in any event.  Once that music starts I'm in heaven.  I thought it would be depressing the first time I did this and was very pleasantly surprised.  Also:  if we buy just one seat, there is a good chance the other seat will be bought by someone going alone and I've met a lot of people and made a couple good friends by going alone.  It is more fun when people go with me but I see more and more people going to shows by themselves.

It is still U2 playing both nights, how bad can it be?! People can always find something to complain about if they try hard enough. It used to be what acoustic song Bono and Edge played on different nights, etc. 

I can't imagine they are going to rehearse the whole catalog and just go on the fly like Springsteen, though, seeing that U2 tend to put on more of a show than he does as far as multimedia, moving stages, and other things. So, if there are lighting, video, and other elements linked to certain songs, in certain orders, you lose some ability to just make it up as you go.

agree

My feel, or at least what I tell myself, is based on Edge's comment that each will still be "a U2 concert" is that there will be a different tone/feel/storyline to the songs and maybe set order, but that 80-90% of the songs will be the same each night.  They will still rock out and have an acoustic/slower section but may change up the snippets and lyrics here and there.   

I was not complaining.  I was stating how I would feel.  I don't think it's gonna be exactly like Springsteen but they might have several options, all hooked up with the video, from which they can choose and make a distinct setlist each night.  If they did acoustic one night and electric the next, I think a lot of people would be very, very upset.  Saying I would be upset was not complaining.  I'm ecstatic.

Well, that's fine if you like to go alone, but I like to have people I know next to me. It's a preference thing. 

I don't know where people are getting the idea of acoustic one night and electric the next. It must be a rumor started by one person with no basis in any kind of known fact nor even a hint that it would be the case. So I think people need to quit worrying so much about that. I doubt that they would set up this way and I've found no evidence to think it would be set up like this.

In any case, I don't think it makes any difference because they will release a concert DVD after the tour ends like they always do and I'm sure it will include everything that is different since they film more than one night every time and combine it all together.

I don't know where people are getting the idea of acoustic one night and electric the next. It must be a rumor started by one person with no basis in any kind of known fact nor even a hint that it would be the case. So I think people need to quit worrying so much about that. I doubt that they would set up this way and I've found no evidence to think it would be set up like this.

In any case, I don't think it makes any difference because they will release a concert DVD after the tour ends like they always do and I'm sure it will include everything that is different since they film more than one night every time and combine it all together.

Whatever they do; I just hope the camera view does not change every few seconds the way the last few concert dvds have.  It would be nice to look at something for more than 3-5 seconds.  

I was not complaining.  I was stating how I would feel.  I don't think it's gonna be exactly like Springsteen but they might have several options, all hooked up with the video, from which they can choose and make a distinct setlist each night.  If they did acoustic one night and electric the next, I think a lot of people would be very, very upset.  Saying I would be upset was not complaining.  I'm ecstatic.

So when you used "people" it was in a generic sense, but when I said people it only meant you?! OK... if you say so, I guess. ;-)

I am hoping for an alternating pair of stage personas. ;)

I am too...mr "innocence" and mr "experience...and bring back Maphisto please...my adolescent (ms. innocence) self has a huge crush!

Given that its the Innocence + Experience tour I think the new album may be out before it starts.

Sign in to follow this