Sign in to follow this  
kitemaster

What a sad day for U2 Fans everywhere Is U2 in bed with the scalpers ?

So my presale code and tickets got cancelled because I ordered 2 tickets with my presale code on my credit card and 2 tickets for my sister with her presale code on my same credit card. U2.com won't reset or give me a new code so I'm screwed for tickets. Then I look at all the tickets being bought and then put up for resale on ticketmaster.com is a day I thought I would never see. Half of the San Jose tickets are red indicaiting resale tickets. Shame on U2.com and shame on U2 and there management team for allowing ticketsmaster to promote ticket scalping.

Edited by kitemaster

OMG which vendor cancelled your tix?! and have U2.com actually said they will do nothing?
I ordered 2 in presale and 2 more for me and my sister today, I was told by the O2 that as long as my total didn't exceed the ticket limit that I would be fine and bigwave also told us that they had had assurances this would not be a problem.

Really worried now!

That really, really sucks.  I am so sorry.  I did get my presale tix OK, but tried for the public sale for the 2nd night in Phoenix (since they will apparently be different shows on each night) and had the usual TM fiasco of not even being able to request tickets for a few minutes, and then after being in the "waiting room" for 20 minutes, well, there was nothing left I wanted.  Just hundreds of reseale at vastly inflated prices.  Getting U2 tickets has been a trauma ever since it went online, but this is so messed up  -- cancelling tickets for people who were paid-up U2.com members on a technicality and rewarding the scalpers.  So sad.

That really is unfortunate, however it was stated that tickets bought with the same card over a quantity of two would risk cancellation. 

Gutted did not get my pre-sale code till the day they went on sale and off work sick so by the time I saw the e-mail all reasonable priced tickets had gone and failed in anything today on gen sale as I was in work impossible - not impressed with U2 the prices were ridiculous how do they expect people to have this kind of money so close to Christmas - really bad planning on their part.  I am seriously considering not renewing my membership when it runs out in Jan, I feel we have had a dis-service U2.  :(  :(  :angry:

ps - this was supposed to be for my 50th next year so I'm even more gutted - I would say something stronger but I will probably get reported :angry:  :angry:

That really is unfortunate, however it was stated that tickets bought with the same card over a quantity of two would risk cancellation. 

But we were also told that tickets bought in the general sale would not be affected by what we had bought presale, or I was anyway, twice, by two different sources.

The T&C were not clear on the rules between the separate sales, so I checked to be sure this kind of thing wouldn't happen. So far I have not been cancelled, I really hope it stays this way and that U2.com will come to their senses and stand up for kitemaster in this

Edited by Rhi_K

Sorry to hear about your issues. Sounds like you have been caught on a technicality (has happened to me before on Muse tickets).

The notion that "U2 in bed with scalpers" though really is not remotely the case - the move to paperless GA tickets is clearly and fairly effectively designed to curtail scalping.

But we were also told that tickets bought in the general sale would not be affected by what we had bought presale, or I was anyway, twice, by two different sources.

The T&C were not clear on the rules between the separate sales, so I checked to be sure this kind of thing wouldn't happen. So far I have not been cancelled, I really hope it stays this way and that U2.com will come to their senses and stand up for kitemaster in this

Yes but the person bought 2 presale tickets each with two different codes totaling 4 on the same card. It was stated that if more than 2 presale tickets were bought on the same card (4 were bought in presale) the order risked cancellation.

U2 probably know what ticketmaster etc are up to but there is not much more  they can do about it ,other groups have it much worse

Don't give up yet.  Contact Bigwave immediately--he may be able to help.  Yeah, you're on the same CC (bad idea!), but they are two different presale codes w/two different people, etc.  Good luck!!

That's terrible - Ticketmaster are really funny about credit cards. They wouldn't let me checkout my Glasgow GAs today, because my debit card was "registered to another user" - me! For some reason it wouldn't show me my debit card to select as payment, so when I entered the details manually, I got that message, about how this card couldn't be used because it belongs to a member already... well duh, Ticketmaster, it's my card. It worked out okay though, I just had to delete the card from my account, then go to the start of the queue again and put the details in manually, now that it was no longer on their system as being owned. I think it may be because I was logged in to the Ticketmaster UK site with a Ticketmaster Ireland account - the two share accounts with one another, but maybe that causes some problems.

I wouldn't give up just yet if I were you - have you contacted your ticket seller? Hopefully there should be some record on their system that you used two unique presale codes, and hopefully you could get U2.com to confirm that the codes legitimately belong to you and your sister. Maybe you can appeal to get your tickets back. The process is there to stop people abusing the presales, but so long as their website logged all the details, they should be able to see that you were not abusing anything. I would seriously pursue this if I were you - you have a reasonable case for appeals here.

Edited by Faye_Kelly

Yes but the person bought 2 presale tickets each with two different codes totaling 4 on the same card. It was stated that if more than 2 presale tickets were bought on the same card (4 were bought in presale) the order risked cancellation.

Oh yes you're right, I misread and panicked, yes that was clear, it's a terrible policy but it was clear. You should certainly persevere, the wording was 'risk' cancellation, so it was not a guarantee that they would, so there may be room for individual cases to be looked at, good look to you 

So my presale code and tickets got cancelled because I ordered 2 tickets with my presale code on my credit card and 2 tickets for my sister with her presale code on my same credit card. U2.com won't reset or give me a new code so I'm screwed for tickets. Then I look at all the tickets being bought and then put up for resale on ticketmaster.com is a day I thought I would never see. Half of the San Jose tickets are red indicaiting resale tickets. Shame on U2.com and shame on U2 and there management team for allowing ticketsmaster to promote ticket scalping.

hi, can you PM me / max / or baja with your order number and we will get this looked at for you, ta

sigh, I legitimately want tickets (xmas gift for my mother) but tix went so fast.  ticketmaster line kept refreshing for 40 minutes this morning, I gave up.  now I see options are $300 tickets (ridiculous price) or grossly inflated re-sales that are about that amount or more.  (glad the music I like tends to not be mainstream, and so reasonable prices and no such sell outs)

can you PM me with order numbers, we may be able to sort this out, ta

(also need your sisters username)

I'm aghast that u2 charges membership for pre-sale codes (like they don't have enough money already) but seems impossible to legitimately have a fair shake at getting tickets when they go on  sale to the public

I'm aghast that u2 charges membership for pre-sale codes (like they don't have enough money already) but seems impossible to legitimately have a fair shake at getting tickets when they go on  sale to the public

They don't charge for presale codes. They charge a membership which gives you access to tickets before everyone else...but you also get other perks for being a member. They're given to you when a tour comes up...if they charged for presale codes you'd have to physically buy them or you'd get one every time you renewed. 

They're not in bed with scalpers, but unfortunately they're under contract with Live Nation/Ticketmaster.  

They are the money grubbers not U2. 

Look at the San Jose shows on ticketmaster. More than half of the seats are up for re-sale. So much for u2 not wanting the scalpers to get their tickets. It's the real fans get screwed this time because  ticketmaster cancels your orders even when you have valid codes !!!

Edited by kitemaster

I'm at a loss here. Ticketmaster cancelled (2) of my tickets for the @MSG show Sunday July 19th. I used two separate presale codes with the same credit card. A genuine mistake. Can anyone recommend what steps I should take? Thanks, Gary. 

Here are the details of the cancelled tickets.....

U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour 2015

Madison Square Garden, New York, NY

Sun, Jul 19, 2015 08:00 PM

Edited by bostonirish

All of you, please contact TM ASAP as they are reinstating cancelled tickets

Thanks. I will call shortly and let you all know what happens. Thanks so much

been calling since my last email. Impossible to get through and their website will not allow me to send an email....i will keep trying. Thanks

Sign in to follow this