Sign in to follow this  
Highlands_Fan

Phoenix pre-show meetup/lineup

Flying in from Houston, TX.  1st time in Phoenix.  Anxious to know of the Phoenix shows pre-concert lineup gatherings.  Saw 360 tour in Nashville & Atlanta - whomever organized those lineups did a fantastic job...whomever you were, hopefully you will be part of organizing Phoenix...?

Chris

There are plenty of places to pick for a meetup place around the arena. Hope something like that can work out.

Excellent. What hotels can anyone recommend?  First time in Phoenix, not looking for the swankiest place. Just a convenient, clean, safe spot, easy access to venue and airport. 

The hotel palomar is right nex door to the arena. You should be good with the San Carlos. It is only a few blocks away.

Alice Cooper, of all people, has a bar/restaurant right next to the venue, a cool place for a before and after show party

Cooperstown is a great pre show place. Jesus girl? I need to reach her. She has a pic of bono from 94ish and I am in the background!

Use Hotels.com and filter to near arena..that's more helpful. Hyatt is good price..Ive stayed at Palomar before..it's really pricy.

Would greatly appreciate being kept in the loop if something comes together for a pre concert get together.

I'll be in L.V. for a running event that morning of the first show and am getting into PHX mid afternoon. I may have an extra GA as well and can confirm that end of April.

Does Jesusgirl have a separate thread for meet up?

Would love to be a part of the meet up as well!  A group of us are flying in on Friday and doing both shows (we're doing seats on Friday and GA on Saturday).  We've done GA the past two tours and one of the best parts is meeting up with fellow U2 fans!  Can't wait to see you all in Phoenix!!  

When my friends and I attended MSG / NY during Elevation, we were at a pub and an organized fan event right across from the venue. They were playing LIVE AT SLANE CASTLE  and the place was electric.

What I would urge from the cheap seats since I don't live anywhere near Phoenix ( so apologies but can't help organize this one ) is that 1 venue be arranged early enough to really get it out there that it is a primary place to be. Have U2 concerts on the flat screens and create an atmopshere to remember.

I'll be alone and thus really hoping to hang with fans, esp those who will make it into the GA with me.

Can't wait. Cheers, Greg

Roadtripping in from Central Texas. Making both shows. Looking to connect with folks. Excited!

Hi

I'm planning on going (solo) to both Phoenix shows (GA)

Is anyone here interested in splitting a hotel room?

Please email/reply if interested.

thanks!

Pop_Muzik mentioned in another topic that the Diamonbacks play baseball same two nights across the street. Might want to keep that in mind when deciding a pre show fan gathering, should anyone local be organizing.

Hi everyone! I wanted to let you know that there was suppose to be a meet up event with the tribute band UZoo, but it all fell a part so it is not happening.

So there is no meet up planned unless someone wants to arrange something else.

We have a FB Group for the AZ U2 fans and anyone coming to the shows are welcome to join!  Here is the link:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1738721176353292/

Hey cnottleman, are you talking about the Zoo tour in 1992 when Bono did the meet and greet and soundcheck? 

Cooperstown is a great pre show place. Jesus girl? I need to reach her. She has a pic of bono from 94ish and I am in the background!

there's a group on Facebook discussing this. may check it out : )

Arizona U2 Fans 

that's the group name

Edited by Chadd Bryant

Economicformula- no FB, no problem - the meetup is:

Fan meetup @ Hard Rock Phoenix

May 21

6-9pm MST

SEE YOU THERE!

The Major League Baseball team here, the Arizona Diamondbacks, play next door to the arena where U2 is going to play. Arizona has home games each night. The May 22 game is at 640pm local and the May 23rd game starts at 710pm local. They play the Chicago Cubs, which is one of the biggest draws. They probably will 35,000 in attendance each night.

Any show day meetups that people want to do should keep this mind. I would suggest meet times several hours before hand for anything around the arena to be sure that there's no rush and have plenty of time. The biggest and most popular places that I know of Alice Cooper'town, Hard Rock Cafe, Tilted Kilt, and Copper Blues.  I've been to plenty of weekend concerts at the arena and all of those places get packed early even when there's no baseball game next door.

----Jason

Sign in to follow this