Sign in to follow this  
Highlands_Fan

Phoenix pre-show meetup/lineup

For those who do not have a Facebook and plan on coming to the meet up, you can respond on this post with your name and how many and I will keep track of the names for the person who is in charge of the meet up. I am not in charge of it but helping get the word out. 

Anybody want to try and set something up Friday or Saturday before the shows? I know a bunch of us (myself included) are arriving Friday morning.

what time do people plan on lining up for GA? I am going alone to the shows and would like meet up/hang out with other U2 fanatics!

I think I read somewhere online  that on the past tours, overnight camping out was not allowed at the phoenix show (I don't remember which venue it was).

I am interested In the May 21 Hard Rock party.

I hope the weather isn't too hot while waiting in the GA line.

thanks!

Raj

thanks for the info on the baseball game (go Cubs! (I'm from Chicago)

Hi Raj!

GA lineup / signup list - after the 5/21 Hard Rock meetup myself and hopefully most of those attending the Hard Rock meetup will go to the venue and see what the GA signup situation is - I will have paper & markers in tow in the event nobody has yet started a signup list...if they have, I'm putting my name on their list & supporting them 100%. If not, then it falls to me to be QB - provided I'm not the ONLY person waiting overnight outside at the venue. Can't do it alone! All help welcome! I'm on FB as CR Brooks. See you at the meetup!

I will be at the Friday show, am flying in from Dallas Friday morning so will not be able to line up very early for my GA.  I am very excited!  p.s. just booked the Renessaince Pheonix Downtown Hotel for just $95 a night  on kayak.com and it is a 5-minute walk from the concert.

this is shaping up nicely. Can't wait to see you all there. Happy the shows are indoors as my last U2 show was at Busch Stadium in St. Louis and it was litterally 105 degrees that day.

PS - forum moderators - it's PHOENIX not PHEONIX!

PS - forum moderators - it's PHOENIX not PHEONIX!

:blink:

The Major League Baseball team here, the Arizona Diamondbacks, play next door to the arena where U2 is going to play. Arizona has home games each night. The May 22 game is at 640pm local and the May 23rd game starts at 710pm local. They play the Chicago Cubs, which is one of the biggest draws. They probably will 35,000 in attendance each night.

Any show day meetups that people want to do should keep this mind. I would suggest meet times several hours before hand for anything around the arena to be sure that there's no rush and have plenty of time. The biggest and most popular places that I know of Alice Cooper'town, Hard Rock Cafe, Tilted Kilt, and Copper Blues.  I've been to plenty of weekend concerts at the arena and all of those places get packed early even when there's no baseball game next door.

----Jason

GO CUBS GO!!!  If I didn't have to leave on Sunday to drive back to San DIego I'd go to Cubs game (MY TEAM)....and Jason is right...CROWDS!!

Repost for all to see:

U2 Fan Meetup

Thur night 5/21 at Phoenix Hardrock

6pm - 9pm MST

Facebook event https://www.facebook.com/events/1422775274697736/

PHOENIX 5/22 GA Fan signup list - after the 5/21 Hard Rock meetup myself and hopefully most of those attending the Hard Rock meetup will go to the venue and see what the GA signup situation is - I will have paper & markers in tow in the event nobody has yet started a signup list...if they have, I'm putting my name on their list & supporting them 100%. If not, then it falls to me to be QB - provided I'm not the ONLY person waiting overnight outside at the venue.  Signup starts under the venue's marquee sign...security may shoo us away.  I will update via social media.  Roll call will be at 5AM.  But I cannot do this alone - I will not be the only person camping out through the night.  All help welcome and appreciated!  Can't do it alone!  I'm on FB as CR Brooks. See you at the meetup!

Looking forward to meeting you all at the Hard Rock in Phoenix :-)

I just read this on the @U2 forum (someone contacted the Boston arena): - the Boston GA sounds similar to how Springsteen does the GA line (numbered wristband and then random number to start entering the arena)

Will be interesting if all venues do this or just Boston.

"I sent a message to the TD Garden this morning after reading the FAQ and received this response:

Our policy for GA is giving wristbands in the morning and then returning at an assigned time to line up according to the number on the wristbands. At some point, in the morning or when lining up, they will use a random number, so no need for lining to be here early. We are in a train station and surrounded by government buildings, which does not allow for 'camping out'.You can check back closer to the concert for exact times and to make sure the procedure will be the same.
Enjoy the show."

going both nights....then the 26th & the31st in LA.....

Any tips on where someone might wait outside the arena in hopes of seeing the band arrive?  Thanks, David ` going both nights!

OTHER DOWNTOWN EVENTS THIS WEEKEND >

The Arizona Diamondbacks have baseball games on Friday (6:40pm) and Saturday (7:10pm).

. Phoenix Symphony is performing Mahler each evening at 7:30.

Many bars/restaurants might be busy with various types of fans

. Expect to hear "U2" songs as well as "Take Me out to the Ballgame", but probably not an aria...

Plan your parking or arrival time accordingly.

. Most on street parking meters allow 2 hours paid parking ($1.50/hour) with enforcement 'til 10:00pm_

At least the Diamondbacks haven't been sold out this season 

Chase Field and US Airways Arena are practically next door to each other. Symphony Hall is a couple blocks away. 

Edited by edfelt

So excited! FTR and I will be there....flying in from Dallas. What's up!!!

Damn Latha! you got a good deal with Kyak. We are staying at the Drury near the airport....and we are also flying in from Dallas. So I'll see y'all there!

Hello all! I will definitely be at both concerts! 

I'm a native Phoenician. Please do not try to camp out at this venue. First of all, I am not sure that it is safe down there. Secondly, with the train/light rail tracks nearby, plus gov't buildings, 99% sure they will evict anyone staying there.

I will reiterate the warnings about crowds. The Cubs are a HUGE draw in Phoenix, and the baseball stadium is only a couple blocks away to the east. Also, as said above, The Phoenix Symphony is also in concert both nights, and they are only a block away to the north. Expect parking charges to be REALLY HIGH in most garages downtown.

Today, my friend and I found out the joys of how to get into a credit card entry-only event when the credit card used to purchase the tix has been lost. We will be there around 8am tomorrow for the GA line. So, if you see two people dealing with checks of ID/billing statement/receipt in line, please don't get mad at me! We have already cleared this with Ticketmaster and US Aiways arena. Sorry if it takes a little longer to clear us through. Then I have to go to work for about 5 hours. Will be back around 4pm when they start letting people line up for real.

Sorry I can't make the meetup tonight! Wish I had come here sooner!

Is there anything planned for post concert -Saturday? That is the only time I can meet up with anyone thanks to a crazy work schedule.

Good luck 'LadyHathor' getting in. Hopefully the customer service at the arena is good to you.

Sign in to follow this