Sign in to follow this  
edy

POLL : What type of ticket were you able to get?

What type of ticket were you able to get?  

272 members have voted

1. 1. What type of ticket were you able to get? (multiple choice)

• GA
    • Red Zone
    • Lower Tier (non VIP)
    • Upper Tier (non VIP)
    • VIP
    • None :(
  2. 2. Got what you wanted?

• No, grr!
    • Yes, whee!
    • No, but I'm fine with it

So, I am intrigued to find out how many of us were able to get that golden GA ticket we so desire as opposed to paying over 300 bucks for a seat we so did not want just so that we could get to the show.  Granted, this is not a very scientific way to do it, many of us may not have wanted GAs in the first place.

Edited by edy

you forgot a category for none!!! I got none and im not paying $312 for a ticket...

Unfortunate that I had to add it.  :(

I got two GAs (me and my boyfriend) for Glasgow 7th November in today's onsale, which was what I wanted. Had a problem with payment processing, Ticketmaster UK for some reason didn't load my card, asked me to enter it manually, wouldn't permit me to use it as it "belonged to another member" [me! and I only have one Ticketmaster Ireland/UK account! and I was logged into it wtf Ticketmaster!], had to go back to the start of the queue, delete my saved card from my account, and re enter the card manually at checkout. But GAs were still available so all was good in the end. Haven't used my presale code yet as I'm saving it for the Dublin presale. 

We wanted lower bowl and got the tickets (2 shows) we wanted. Not happy with the price but with air and hotel it is an expensive outing anyways. Wanted to see them once again.

Everything sold out before we could get anything. I'm so sad and now I'm worried they won't add more dates. 

I got 2 GA for London on the 29th. I managed to get 2 GA for the 30th in the pre sale.

I was shocked by how good the AXS app was for tickets at the O2 I managed to get straight through on the app this morning with no delays where as my browser was freezing and loading etc. I only used the app on my phone as another potential avenue but I wonder if they run off different servers or something.

Everything sold out before we could get anything. I'm so sad and now I'm worried they won't add more dates. 

I am very confident that this is the first of two, three or even four legs of a much bigger tour AND that they will be adding more shows to this initial leg.  Rumor before the tour was announced was that there would be 8 shows in NYC.  An astute fan commented in some other thread that there is a break in the sequence of the IDs associated to the already announced shows, indicating that more shows will be added.

I lost out trying to get a GA ticket in the Toronto presale and the on sale today.  Fuck U2 if they think i am paying 300 dollars to see them   I have seen them 16 times since 1987 and i guess this time they lose me as a fan.

I hate bands like the Rolling Stones and Elton John that essential scalp their own tickets.  U2 are gigantic hypocrites for telling fans how much they love them then turning around and robbing long time fans.

noun
a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs,principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially aperson whose actions belie stated beliefs.

I lost out trying to get a GA ticket in the Toronto presale and the on sale today.  Fuck U2 if they think i am paying 300 dollars to see them   I have seen them 16 times since 1987 and i guess this time they lose me as a fan.

I hate bands like the Rolling Stones and Elton John that essential scalp their own tickets.  U2 are gigantic hypocrites for telling fans how much they love them then turning around and robbing long time fans.

noun
a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs,principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially aperson whose actions belie stated beliefs.

I'm sorry to hear that. :( They may be adding additional dates.

Yeah, got what I wanted today. 4 GAs to Berlin 2nd night. I probably aged like 20 years in the 20 mins I was trying to get them.

Cannot do GA any,ore so it was the $$$$$$$ seats for me. We got lower bowl side. Had row one but ended up row 13 which is just fine with me. I have been close plenty of times. I want to roll in whenever to enjoy the show......and Boston when visiting.

I got two GAs in the presale for the NYC Sun. 7/19 show using the TM app on my iPhone 4 phone while on a 15 minute break at work.  I was shocked and pleasantly surprised because I couldn't afford the $300 tickets being so close to Christmas.  I had reserved myself to the fact that I would have to try and get some next year in the after market when I would have a little more expendable income.  I Love the band and always will but the tickets are too pricey and the timing of the sale is bad for us hard working people.  This will be my 20th show starting with the Joshua Tree tour on & I've attended at least 1 show on every tour since.  Can't wait to go next year and I will still try next year to get a ticket for the 7/18 show.  Want to do the back to back night thing.

I'm kind of happy with what I ended up with (not the price, that's another story) since I'll get a different experience (pardon the pun) from each MSG show.  I've got two level 2 seats (Saturday and Thursday), one level 1 seat (Sunday) and a red zone for Wednesday. Was similar for me on the 360 tour, where I had GAs for some shows and seats in the stand for others.  I personally enjoyed the show better from up in the stand because I can't deal with the pushing and the hassle that comes with standing in GA.  I want to enjoy the show, not come out feeling stressed by obnoxious people around me.  Was fine when I was in my 20s and 30s but I'd rather not deal with that these days.

I was extremely close (had it in my cart) to buying a VIP ticket.  Then I thought...what for?  Some crappy MSG food and a tacky gift?  Nah, I'll eat a decent meal before the show and I've got far too much U2 stuff as it is! ;)

I got two level 1 seats behind what looks like the b stage for opening night in London and got myself a GA ticket for the night after. I like to experience the show from different angles. I'm very happy with what I got and the fanclub presale couldn't have been easier.

Got two GA for London 30th presale.

Tried public sale for another London date but got nothing!

Very happy with what I got!

I was able to get 2 GA tickets for night 2 in Boston using my presale code after about an hour and a half of retrying/timing out/relogging into/clearing cache etc.. on my computer.  I had a doctors appointment Monday so I had to use the TM app on my phone (never tried that before) to try to get tickets for night 1.  I tried for GA but it came back none available and then I scored 2 tickets in Loge ($100 price range) all within 2 minutes of going on sale.  Seemed like the phone app was a much more efficient method.... but I did get GA using my computer.  Either way can't wait to see iNNOCENCE and eXPERIENCE!! 

:)

Edited by curt_crader

GA Glasgow for the 1st night.  Very pleased and quite surprised to purchase them on Friday morning.  I paid the $50 subscription fee, and it looks to be a good investment.  By general sale on Monday this week only the very expensive tickets at £180 were available.  Doubt i would pay that price.

The actual price i paid for GA was £60.  Not bad to be honest.  I was expecting a lot more.

Im happy.

:P

In the presale I got 2 in section 104 for Toronto 2 at $98 each.  My friend who wants to go chose the date and that was all she was willing to pay.  Fine with me.  I'm not sure about the section and view, but we'll be there and I know she's greatful I was able to get us tickets.

I tried my luck for a single GA for Toronto 1 yesterday. After just over 20 minutes with the TM app it worked. 

I got 2 GA tickets in the pre-sale for the first night in London and am happy with that. At £55 per ticket, I'm happy with the price too, it's about what I expected. The ordering process was easier than I thought it would be which also helped. 

In the presale I got 2 GA tix for night 1 in San Jose. Very easy process, I'm quite happy with how the whole presale worked out! 

Got GA's and was pleasantly surprised about the price to be honest. Would have gone for decent seats but way too pricey. Saw a seat available in Block 404 (top level of O2) for £180! I just don't understand why so expensive for that position. No wonder there are seats still available.

Sign in to follow this